DVDVR Message Board

2020 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Gonzo

14 minutes ago, elizium said:

I was referring to the "he's used them in the past" part.  Edited my post to make that more clear.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, elizium said:

I think Tabe was asking for other times Rudolph used slurs because - and I could be misreading - but Mavs seems to imply that it wasn't the first time Rudolph had been accused

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tabe said:

Really?  First time hearing that.  Is there a story somewhere about that?

I’d swear (I could be wrong so if I am then I’m sorry) that at the time it happened there were claims he’d used terms that shouldn’t be used while at Oklahoma State. 

2 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

I’d swear (I could be wrong so if I am then I’m sorry) that at the time it happened there were claims he’d used terms that shouldn’t be used while at Oklahoma State. 

I don't recall hearing that, though I can't promise anything.  But it does sound like the brought back up in light of his general shittiness as a human being Mike Gundy stuff from the 80's at OSU.

I could see if a veteran player thinks that 2020 is a re-build year, combined with COVID concerns, some taking the stipend and going again next year. Especially if with their cap situation they aren't at a real risk of being cut next offseason anyway. But, I don't think its some evil plan by the Patriots.

I just hold my breath watching for the Bills' drop outs, Diggs already isn't happy about it. (shocker that Diggs is unhappy about something, I know)

• Like 1

Howard Eskin - because he is a boob - starting a rumor that Nick Foles was opting out.

That report has been discredited and Foles will be reporting

I'm curious about any big deals getting signed, with the cap probably going down quite a bit in 2021. Not that I am against players getting paid, I encourage it, but its gonna put some teams in a serious crunch in 2021. Next offseason may be really crazy with big free agents not getting signed to their normal deals, unique re-structuring, and cuts.

For example, with the Mahomes contract, KC next year will be 33 Million OVER the cap in 2021 if it goes down to 175 million. I know and respect how creative GMs can be, the Saints have been playing the Salary Cap game for years very well, but 2021 is going to be a special challenge.

23 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Time to watch for his next retirement announcement, I guess.

That's kind of a death sentence right? Most of these "suspensions" take into account time served, right?  Who is going to sign him,  and specifically him,  and he's not allowed to be around the team for 8 weeks? He needs adult supervision.

36 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh. Supposedly Lamar Jackson wants B'more to bring him in.  

And lol if anyone thinks they're going to get to week 8... 

I don't understand why anyone would take that gamble at this point. Before he signed with the a Raiders,  every team in the league would have loved to have him... now,  I wouldn't want him anywhere close to my team. 

Matthew Stafford was added to the Lions COVID list

Reminder that this doesn't necessarily mean he tested positive - players are on that list due to potential exposure.

EDIT - btw given his wife's health history and the Stafford's having a newborn at home... yeah this one is terrifying

• Like 1