DVDVR Message Board

AWA Results: Podcast and Discussion

goodhelmet

In reference to Mookie's stats, I notice Rip Oliver listed as being the Super Ninja. Maybe I'm wrong/am thinking about the wrong, but isn't Super Ninja Shunji Takano in that match? I'm not aware of Rip Oliver being Super Ninja in AWA (I know he was Super Ninja in WWF).

I'd also like to extend my congratulations for another successful segment of the 80s Project. Great work! I would participate or at least buy up the old sets if I could get a job/get my book published. Maybe I'll get a chance if you keep it up. :)

In reference to Mookie's stats, I notice Rip Oliver listed as being the Super Ninja. Maybe I'm wrong/am thinking about the wrong, but isn't Super Ninja Shunji Takano in that match? I'm not aware of Rip Oliver being Super Ninja in AWA (I know he was Super Ninja in WWF).

I'd also like to extend my congratulations for another successful segment of the 80s Project. Great work! I would participate or at least buy up the old sets if I could get a job/get my book published. Maybe I'll get a chance if you keep it up. :)

Yeah, that was probably a wild-ass guess that I put down when I was working on the stats.  I'll clean that up!

• 3 weeks later...

From the slate article on Hans Schmidt:

Many such incidents followed. A 1956 piece in the Milwaukee Sentinel recounts a near-riot, with the implication that the whole thing was a setup by the promoter: “But when Schmidt, who spun Gagne from the ring, wouldn’t allow him to return, the ‘chorus’ was brought to fore. The lawmen ran hither and yon, but in vain. The spokesman shoved the announcer, the announcer yelled to the time-keeper, the time-keeper tussled with the spokesman, the damsel argued with the other lawman and Schmidt tasted a stiff punch to the chops by a fan that sent him scurrying for cover.”

No wonder they used the King of the Mountain so much in AWA.

• RIPPA pinned this topic