DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame - Class of 2020

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Well, that too. Fucking Trump and Kid Rock are in it.

What's truly bizarre is that we're discussing the WWE's horseshit HOF when the new inductees to the WON HOF were announced. I shall make a separate thread should I not see one...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

What's truly bizarre is that we're discussing the WWE's horseshit HOF when the new inductees to the WON HOF were announced. I shall make a separate thread should I not see one...

Just gonna go put this in the Rippa was right column

• Haha 6

On 12/10/2019 at 3:16 PM, D.Z said:

The responses from actual wrestlers in that thread are interesting (of course though one could argue what is folks being in their gimmick too)

A lot of folks for Christian (Zack Ryder, Beth Phoenix, Sean Waltman and Tommy Dreamer are ones I know I saw saying it)

William Regal (Dreamer and Waltman)

Victoria (Dreamer)

Kane (Waltman)

Mike Rotunda (by Fandango - though he specifically used an IRS photo)

Andy Kaufman (by Joey Ryan)

And that's what I saw just on a quick pass through

• Like 1

Christian lives in Tampa, so he would be easy for this year (and Edge I'm sure will come in to do the speech, or if they prefer inducting them as a team)

And Regal, obviously, will be there (and lives in Florida anyway)

That would put them well on the way to a damn good class.

39 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Christian lives in Tampa, so he would be easy for this year (and Edge I'm sure will come in to do the speech, or if they prefer inducting them as a team)

And Regal, obviously, will be there (and lives in Florida anyway)

That would put them well on the way to a damn good class.

Like Christian isn't going to Mania wherever it is.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hoped Jushin Thunder Liger would get in the year he retired. A first ballot Hall of Famer belongs in every Wrestling HOF. Let 2020 be finally Christian's year. Ditto William Regal. Molly Holly needs to go in ASAP as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Hope that news is true. Liger is a given for any pro wrestling HoF.

The Bellas aren't a bad pick  for women. 

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember when they both got their boyfriends to get them jobs again after they'd quit the year before?  

They left WWE on good terms with it pretty much being known they were coming back at some point. 

10 hours ago, Raziel said:

#WomensRevolution

They were the forefront, you know.

For the main roster technically they were. The whole GiveDivasaChance thing started because of them, and they were the leading heels for 3/4 NXT Horsewomen when they came up.

• Like 5

The Bellas certainly deserve to be in more than Torrie Wilson, but I don't remember this much venom being sent her way.

It's weird that people transfer their hatred for the Johnny Ace Diva Search Era to the Bellas. It's like the Randy Orton hate in that it seems to be based on what they represent rather than anything they've actually done. Nikki busted her ass to improve in the ring, and in the process kept up with the women referred to on this board as some of the best women's wrestlers in the world.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

The Bellas certainly deserve to be in more than Torrie Wilson, but I don't remember this much venom being sent her way.

It's weird that people transfer their hatred for the Johnny Ace Diva Search Era to the Bellas. It's like the Randy Orton hate in that it seems to be based on what they represent rather than anything they've actually done. Nikki busted her ass to improve in the ring, and in the process kept up with the women referred to on this board as some of the best women's wrestlers in the world.

Yeah, I have no problem with the Bellas getting into the Hall of Fame.  They weren't the best workers in the world, but I'd take 100 Bella Twins (well, who wouldn't) who always gave a fuck and worked their asses off than a single Torrie Wilson (is she single?) who was kind of just standing there looking pretty.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

At least with Randy, the hate kind of makes sense when every once in a while a story drops to remind us all what an absolute knucklehead that dude can be. I struggle to remember any such talk about either Bella. 

They also get some of that Michelle McCool style hate,  where some people really come after them for the perception that they've benefited unfairly from who their partner is/was. And most of the time, that stuff's expressed very poorly. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 3

Side note - with Mania being in LA next year you have to imagine they are doing everything in their power to get the Rock inducted.

So I already envision something like the Hall of Fame ceremony on Tuesday because that's the only day he is free or something

• Like 1