DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2019

Brian Fowler

38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Don't be like that. Objectively, AEW isn't bad. Nearly every week it and NXT receive critical and fan praise for being good TV while low points are also discussed. Does that make AEW as a whole or even Dynamite bad?

You literally told him that his opinion was wrong. Again, a little self-awareness would go a long way around here.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Koolaid sucks. It's a 3rd rate soft drink.

LaCroix (or Bubly) or GTFO.

Kool-Aid is great when you're seven and in a working-class family and you want some sugar with a smack of fruit punch or lemon flavor.

LaCroix is never good. 

Now THAT is objective truth. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raziel said:

In other news, AEW wrestlers continue to prove that this company needs a Social Media Manager.. *COUGH*HAGER*COUGH*

I caught a bit of him being triggered about Greta yesterday. Is that what this is about?

17 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

which kind would you drink?  The newer kind (berry blue maybe) from 93 was may favorite. 

No idea. I don't think I've had any in over a decade. I may need to go exploring. 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I caught a bit of him being triggered about Greta yesterday. Is that what this is about?

No idea. I don't think I've had any in over a decade. I may need to go exploring. 

I haven't either but honest to god I just got a craving for Ecto Cooler.  Do you remember that?  Brings me back to elementary school days. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Raziel said:

In other news, AEW wrestlers continue to prove that this company needs a Social Media Manager.. *COUGH*HAGER*COUGH*

He is unquestionably a total and complete piece of fucking shit.

• Like 4

AEW has its issues, but it's been pretty solid so far.  I don't think it's as enjoyable as NJPW, but it's a fun show, and the 2nd best wrestling program on TV behind MLW right now.  I'll criticize it to hell but it's worth watching and there's positives each week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I haven't either but honest to god I just got a craving for Ecto Cooler.  Do you remember that?  Brings me back to elementary school days. 

Don't know if you saw but they actually brought it back when the female Ghostbusters movie came out.  I had it at the theater and it was sublime stuff.  Sadly couldn't find it in stores even though it was supposedly out there.

11 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Don't know if you saw but they actually brought it back when the female Ghostbusters movie came out.  I had it at the theater and it was sublime stuff.  Sadly couldn't find it in stores even though it was supposedly out there.

I didn't see it but with the new one out next summer I am going to hope and pray it comes back!  It absolutely loved it as a kid. 

• Like 1

So the right move would be to suspend Hager, right? He deleted his tweet almost immediately, but the words were still said. I love that AEW is inclusive and really caters to kids with sensory issues, but you also have a piece of shit on your roster who just made fun of someone for being autistic. This also isn't the first time he's caused a problem with his tweets that flew in the face of AEW being an inclusive company. I think they have to do something about him at this point.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Goodear said:

No, they use WWE as a cudgel to beat away detractors.  "Go watch cuck angles on RAW" was literally something someone just said.  That's not interacting with an argument, it's just deflecting to a position where I am supposed to excuse this bad promotion because its not as terrible as the other one.  

Convenient editing.  I engaged your complaining by suggesting the company isn’t failing as you insinuated because Kip Sabian isn’t getting his just desserts.  Further the Librarians are enhancement talent and not quite getting the shine you suggested.  I was amused to suggest switching over for the cuck angle.  Sorry it hurt your feelings.

Kool aid drinking is such a lame overused argument to suggest ppl like a product too much.  I’m all for constructive criticism, but nitpicking to find a reason to complain is not exactly engaging the board  

Further, yeah I do see mistakes out there.  There’s timing issues every week.  The women’s division is struggling out of the gate.  The officiating is an obvious issue.  But yeah, I do have patience  And I have said patience because every show is a ton of fun.  The booking is logical and I appreciate the effort they’re putting out every week.  We are just over 2 months in here.  This isn’t easy.  Mistakes are inevitable and they are fine to discuss, but burying the product over barely even minor stuff is not going to engage a positive convo.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3

Hager's a fucking moron, the right thing to do is for Cody or whatever to call him a fucking moron. Suspending him just buys him sympathy.

I am not diagnosed, but vaguely identify with the spectrum. Here's the thing; we run the world now. Greta knows it, and ain't paying no mind to some third rate MMA lolcow.

• Like 1

Maybe you should look twice at who you are addressing because I didn’t make any of those posts.  My feelings are only hurt because you confused me and Morelock.  Not that I have an issue with Morelock, but because I’m ever so smart and handsome.

I don’t agree with your assessments for the most part and have made several posts in the last two days about the booking philosophy of the show making those individual cases. Help yourself to any of them.  Or don’t. I don’t think they’ve been particularly nit picky but I’m a poor judge of how awesome I am.  

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

but burying the product over barely even minor stuff is not going to engage a positive convo.  

Who was doing that? Was it me, when I suggested that the overexposed librarians cede their screen and mic time to Kip Sabian? Can you explain why you think that constitutes a burial?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goodear said:

Maybe you should look twice at who you are addressing because I didn’t make any of those posts.  My feelings are only hurt because you confused me and Morelock.  Not that I have an issue with Morelock, but because I’m ever so smart and handsome.

I don’t agree with your assessments for the most part and have made several posts in the last two days about the booking philosophy of the show making those individual cases. Help yourself to any of them.  Or don’t. I don’t think they’ve been particularly nit picky but I’m a poor judge of how awesome I am.  

My mistake @Goodear.

i don’t care to go back over the thread and find the comment but you @MORELOCK seemed to be suggesting the show was bad with your example being Kip Sabian not getting enough time while the librarians too much.  The amount of time the nerds got on the first ppv and second show was a concern, but I’d say they’ve been just fine as enhancement talent. I’d agree they could tighten up the mic time Avalon gets, but it’s really not any sort of big deal.  Nor is it any kind blight on the success of these very fun aew shows.  Further, Kip Sabian has some talent and potential but I don’t see him as exactly ready for any sort of push.  If you’re suggesting he should be given more opportunities as an enhancement talent I’d still disagree as he should not be used as canon fodder like Avalon.  Who is perfect in that role.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

My mistake @Goodear.

i don’t care to go back over the thread and find the comment but you @MORELOCK seemed to be suggesting the show was bad with your example being Kip Sabian not getting enough time while the librarians too much.

Can you see why me just vocalizing my thoughts on the librarian isn't the same thing as me saying the show's bad? This isn't even a show-specific thread.

And no, I wasn't saying Sabian should be in the exact same role as Avalon. It isn't about the role - it's about the time. Technico Support said he doubts that the time spent on the librarians could be used more effectively to get other talent over - I vehemently disagree. If Avalon's role is to be a jobber, and they have no other plans for him, it doesn't make sense to give him as much screen time and mic time as someone they have plans for.

• Like 1

Legit Question: has Morelock or anyone else said AEW is bad?

It seems to me there are two dueling trains of thought here: 1) people who want AEW to be good who claim to have a “vested interest” in AEW and point out flaws but don’t think their a big deal for a variety of reasons and 2) people who want AEW to be good, but aren’t as willing to overlook its various flaws. Saying they should spend more time on a guy like Sabian and less time on a gimmick that’s been universally panned and is going no where doesn’t equate to saying AEW is bad.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Legit Question: has Morelock or anyone else said AEW is bad?

It seems to me there are two dueling trains of thought here: 1) people who want AEW to be good who claim to have a “vested interest” in AEW and point out flaws but don’t think their a big deal for a variety of reasons and 2) people who want AEW to be good, but aren’t as willing to overlook its various flaws. Saying they should spend more time on a guy like Sabian and less time on a gimmick that’s been universally panned and is going no where doesn’t equate to saying AEW is bad.

Goodear has said it multiple times. On the last page even.