DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

John, I gotta ask: How much did Paul drink that night? One has to wonder if his consumption is anywhere close to his namesake's. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

John, I gotta ask: How much did Paul drink that night? One has to wonder if his consumption is anywhere close to his namesake's. 

Seems to me that he had like six or eight doubles. Both guys could put it away something fierce. Of course, DDP has been sober for years now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nate said:

Has anyone been more injury prone than Orton?  I'd be interested in seeing a comparative analysis of his time on the DL vs his time active.

Mr. Kennedy was also injured a lot, mostly smaller injuries that kept him on the sidelines for a couple of weeks here and there, but also some bigger ones. Getting injured at the wrong time more than once basically killed his WWE career.

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

Mr. Kennedy was also injured a lot, mostly smaller injuries that kept him on the sidelines for a couple of weeks here and there, but also some bigger ones. Getting injured at the wrong time more than once basically killed his WWE career.

Edge, even if you exclude the Neck injuries

8 hours ago, OSJ said:

Seems to me that he had like six or eight doubles. Both guys could put it away something fierce. Of course, DDP has been sober for years now. 

I don't know about his drinking ability. But I remember he was on Jay Leno probably in 98 and Leno asked what a normal meal for him was and he said two large pizzas and a gallon of milk.

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

That really is the end of an era. I started back in 1993 as my Grandma and Grandad got Sky before us, a reason why I got into pro wrestling. We've had Sky since Survivor Series 1994.

THIRTY YEARS, and they give him a watch, kick him in the butt and say "hey, a [BT Sport] took your place, daddeh." That's hard times.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

NXT UK is finally going to be available in the UK? You wonder why someone didn't think of that sooner. Gives it a reason to exist, I suppose. Considering I'm usually awake between 1 and 3 AM on Wednesday nights (and have an AEW+ subscription) I could totally double screen it. But recording NXT and watching AEW live makes you younger apparently. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Wait, is the network not available in the UK? 

For ten quid a month it is. But that's a rip off, isn't it? A pound is worth way more than a dollar. Besides which, it's the UK brand. If nobody in the UK knows it exists (and most people don't), it's pointless, other than as an effort to sabotage the recently booming UK indie scene.

Brexit, innit? Fucking Tories tanking the economy.

Anyway, independentwrestling.tv is merging with Smart Mark Video soon. Come for Uncharted Territory, stay for IWA Mid South.

• Like 2