DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - NOV 2019

RIPPA

On 11/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, gatling said:

I've got tickets for my wife, daughter, and I to see an NXT house show in Indianapolis the night before Takeover War Games.  What are the odds we get the top talent that will be at War Games, or will they be at backstage at Smackdown for potential faceoffs with Raw/Smackdown talent on the go home show?  I didn't realize until just a couple of days ago that this show was the night before Takeover, we decided this would be our family Christmas present this year so I'm hoping it won't end up disappointing my daughter if folks like Rhea Ripley, Adam Cole, etc. aren't there.

Circling back to this, my wife was in Indy today for a business lunch and afterwards she stopped by the Murat to get  parking pass for Friday only to find out the show has been moved to March 29th of next year.  About an hour later I got an e-mail letting me know about the postponement.  I guess WWE put out a statement over the weekend saying the talent might be needed for Smackdown like I was concerned about.  My daughter is a little bummed, but we're going to go see Frozen 2 on Friday now instead so hopefully that will make up for some of it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, gatling said:

Circling back to this, my wife was in Indy today for a business lunch and afterwards she stopped by the Murat to get  parking pass for Friday only to find out the show has been moved to March 29th of next year.  About an hour later I got an e-mail letting me know about the postponement.  I guess WWE put out a statement over the weekend saying the talent might be needed for Smackdown like I was concerned about.  My daughter is a little bummed, but we're going to go see Frozen 2 on Friday now instead so hopefully that will make up for some of it.

Pretty sure Meltz said a few days back that the Milwaukee show the night before was postponed also because they wanted the talent to work on their Takeover and Survivor Series matches(in private, apparently.. lol). The Smackdown reason I’m sure ties in to it as well.

Yeah - it was in the WON Friday update

The 11/21 NXT house show in Milwaukee has been moved to 2/21.  They want the talent working out their weekend Takeover and Survivor Series matches.

Since they said 2/21 but the new date is actually 3/29 sounds to me like they had to wait to have the new date finalized before making the announcement.

For folks wondering - Kacy is still on good enough terms with them that they had no problems featuring her in this video

Also side note: there was an Instagram video that went up yesterday of a RAW watch party that was Kacy, Stacey Ervin Jr and Marty Scurll attending and that might be the weirdest WAR trio I could have thought up

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it was in the WON Friday update

Since they said 2/21 but the new date is actually 3/29 sounds to me like they had to wait to have the new date finalized before making the announcement.

2/21 is the new Milwaukee date and 3/29 is the new Indy date.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:50 AM, gatling said:

Sorry to hear this, mate. Love to y'all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Still waiting on The Outliers to debut on TV.

Seen them at live events and they are far better than you would expect them to be. Not only does Stone bring the personality they were both missing, but they've also improved in the ring and don't look like two clumsy giants.

1 hour ago, Swiftian said:

Is there not going to be a takeover in conjunction with the rumble next year? Or are they increasing the frequency of them?

They are running a “When World’s Collide” event again

Its doubtful they will do a tournament like they did at Mania week but who knows.

Only reason folks even know about it is because it was part of the Rumble travel package