DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - NOV 2019

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Casey said:

According to John Pollock, Mauro won’t be calling NXT tomorrow night.

Damn that tweet rocked that man to his core like that? Glad he deleted his Twitter account if that set him off like that.

Yeah Graves is an asshole we all know it, but if he is that sensitive he shouldn't be on social media, cause there are always going to be assholes on it talking crap famous or not.

3 hours ago, Elpatrongrande said:

Damn that tweet rocked that man to his core like that? Glad he deleted his Twitter account if that set him off like that.

Yeah Graves is an asshole we all know it, but if he is that sensitive he shouldn't be on social media, cause there are always going to be assholes on it talking crap famous or not.

Yeah but I'm sure he's been heckled at live shows too right? It can't just be social media. Pretty soon he will have to live in a bubble like the bubble boy. Not to knock anyone with mental health issues but the tweet Graves sent wasn't that severe we have all seen much worse and I am sure will continue to see worse. It's the downfall of social media.  What really sucks and what I do feel bad for  is when young kids are bullied online. They have to go to school the next day and deal with it.They can't just say "oh I'm not showing up today my feelings were hurt" Mauro could have came back to work and would not be bullied while there. 

"Not to knock anyone with mental health issues" I can't speak for Mauro, but as someone with mental health issues, you have no idea what's going on in his head, you just assume his feeling were hurt and he should, essentially, suck it up. It's all speculation, but here is one scenario, Mauro is criticized publicly by someone he sat next to and worked with in NXT, someone he considered a friend, obviously that would be hurtful. I wouldn't be surprised if Mauro is someone who is overly critical of his own performance, maybe he sees truth in Corey's criticism and feels shame over it. He feels that in his current mental state he can't perform to the level that is expected of him and there's shame in that as well. One of the worst things about depression and anxiety is you think stuff that you know is wrong, unrealistic, but that doesn't make the feelings you have any less real, and it can be constant. So, just because something like this wouldn't affect you the same way, doesn't negate how it affects him and I hope people would have some compassion and empathy for him, I know I do.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Elpatrongrande said:

I know SOMEONE who should be deleting their account (Hint: go look in your mirror). And again: IT WAS A CHEAPSHOT FROM A CO-WORKER, NOT SOME RANDOM TWITTER SHITLORD.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Yeah but I'm sure he's been heckled at live shows too right? It can't just be social media. Pretty soon he will have to live in a bubble like the bubble boy. Not to knock anyone with mental health issues but the tweet Graves sent wasn't that severe we have all seen much worse and I am sure will continue to see worse. It's the downfall of social media.  What really sucks and what I do feel bad for  is when young kids are bullied online. They have to go to school the next day and deal with it.They can't just say "oh I'm not showing up today my feelings were hurt" Mauro could have came back to work and would not be bullied while there. 

I'm not sure how much you views on this holds water, given your relationship with Graves and his family.

Problem is, none of you know how really fucked up Mauro is. I don't. But if you watch that documentary on him, he basically looks like he's getting ready to come unglued at any moment, Whatever is wrong with him (I assume bipolar type 1) is tough to control even with medication. Meltzer says Mauro had hit a rough patch before the thing with Graves. He's spent months in psychiatric hospitals before. This isn't just a case of being "overly sensitive. This guy's got significant issues that he deals with on a daily basis and didn't need the spotlight of Graves' remarks put on him at a time where he's struggling in the first place.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, Infinit said:

I'm not sure how much you views on this holds water, given your relationship with Graves and his family.

I respect that but lets take it from a different angle.  In all honesty how many of us would be able to just not show up to work because a co-worker critiqued our performance?  Most of us don't have that luxury.  Now when your job puts you in front of millions of people you are bound to get criticism from others is it right to heckle the guy or rib him? No it isn't but Mauro isn't the first person with mental health problems to be critiqued.  Hell look what the Yankee's fans did and chanted at Zach Grienke.  That is 1000x worse than the tweet Graves sent.  

• Pete locked this topic
  • RIPPA unpinned this topic