DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - NOV 2019

RIPPA

A couple of coaching notes

Ace Steel has been hired as a coach

Hartley Jackson decided he wanted to return to wrestling so he is no longer wrestling. He is headed back to Japan. Supposedly the door is open for him to coach at NXT Japan (if that ever gets off the ground)

Okay, remind me to fly to Orlando next year for whatever show NXT puts on during Halloween, because just by looking at the hashtag #NXTOrlando, they had way, WAY too much fun last night:

• Like 4

I'm kinda bummed I couldn't go last night, but I was at the tapings on Wednesday, so am trying to avoid burnout of live events.

The costume battle royals are always fun. Last year we got Chicken Riddle, Dinosaur Ohno and Otis Mandy Rose.

21 hours ago, Edwin said:

I'm kinda bummed I couldn't go last night, but I was at the tapings on Wednesday, so am trying to avoid burnout of live events.

The costume battle royals are always fun. Last year we got Chicken Riddle, Dinosaur Ohno and Otis Mandy Rose.

You didn't miss much. There were nice moments in both battle royals but both were way too long. I enjoyed the Panda, RHHEa, Matt Riddle and Chica garcia forming a tag team to beat down the other women, Two Dexter Lumus's and my favorite REEDkishi. It was Thursday night where i started to think that Bronson Reed has the most potential out of anyone in NXT right now. Dude is great. So is Keith Lee who had a very good match with Austin Theory.

• Like 1

I've got tickets for my wife, daughter, and I to see an NXT house show in Indianapolis the night before Takeover War Games.  What are the odds we get the top talent that will be at War Games, or will they be at backstage at Smackdown for potential faceoffs with Raw/Smackdown talent on the go home show?  I didn't realize until just a couple of days ago that this show was the night before Takeover, we decided this would be our family Christmas present this year so I'm hoping it won't end up disappointing my daughter if folks like Rhea Ripley, Adam Cole, etc. aren't there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gatling said:

I've got tickets for my wife, daughter, and I to see an NXT house show in Indianapolis the night before Takeover War Games.  What are the odds we get the top talent that will be at War Games, or will they be at backstage at Smackdown for potential faceoffs with Raw/Smackdown talent on the go home show?  I didn't realize until just a couple of days ago that this show was the night before Takeover, we decided this would be our family Christmas present this year so I'm hoping it won't end up disappointing my daughter if folks like Rhea Ripley, Adam Cole, etc. aren't there.

Odds are pretty good you'll get top talent. I went to the Asbury Park house show before last year's Summerslam Takeover, and I got Adam Cole, EC3, Johnny Gargano, Roderick Strong, Shayna Baszler, Kairi Sane, etc. In fact, the only talent not there that I was disappointed about was Fish & O'Reilly.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gatling said:

Chances are very high you'll get the big NXT names and title defenses on the card.

3 hours ago, gatling said:

You might see a few walkthroughs of the actual Takeover matches.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peck said:

You might see a few walkthroughs of the actual Takeover matches.

I went to a house show like the week or so before the Gargano/Almas Takeover match, and they had sent out emails advertising they’d be wrestling each other on the show. Something must have happened, because Almas didn’t show up so we got Gargano vs  heel Dream in a really fun main event.

Years ago I went to a wwe house show the day before summerslam and I got a few summerslam matches. That’s a great house show to go to. They just announced the December house show in San Jose. It’s always a fun show but definitely just a house show. I was so disappointed about the takeover being cancelled.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, gatling said:

Enjoy my friend. I think you'll get the right lineup.

• Like 1