DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

25 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I too remember when WCW tried to turn Booker T into the store brand Rock

Now all the Dying Days Of WCW forced catchphrases are coming back to mind.

(If you don’t like me, bite me!)

What a bizarrely creatively bad stretch of wrestling TV that was...

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Now all the Dying Days Of WCW forced catchphrases are coming back to mind.

(If you don’t like me, bite me!)

What a bizarrely creatively bad stretch of wrestling TV that was...

And to reiterate a point I made a few weeks ago, all in the name of RATINGZ WARZ. Let's hotshot everything and do whatever we can to get a better tv rating when it really didn't matter at all.

• Like 1

Remember when the ACH stuff went down and we all at first were like, "wow, that's fucked up, good on ACH for speaking out because lots of others wouldn't" and then he went off the deep end and really ratcheted things up and then we were like, "there's a right and wrong way to handle this and this isn't the right way anymore?"

Yeah, I think that applies to BJ Whitmer and Joey Mercury now. They went from rightfully attacking ROH to now seemingly going after everyone. And if to make matters worse, renowned shitbird and all around weirdo ghoul rovert is involved.

It's like these people are disinfo agents where you have someone on the inside just start acting crazy to discredit their other work so people won't think it's real. The direction Whitmer and Mercury are taking this now isn't the right one and I don't think they're aware of that.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Remember when the ACH stuff went down and we all at first were like, "wow, that's fucked up, good on ACH for speaking out because lots of others wouldn't" and then he went off the deep end and really ratcheted things up and then we were like, "there's a right and wrong way to handle this and this isn't the right way anymore?"

Yeah, I think that applies to BJ Whitmer and Joey Mercury now. They went from rightfully attacking ROH to now seemingly going after everyone. And if to make matters worse, renowned shitbird and all around weirdo ghoul rovert is involved.

It's like these people are disinfo agents where you have someone on the inside just start acting crazy to discredit their other work so people won't think it's real. The direction Whitmer and Mercury are taking this now isn't the right one and I don't think they're aware of that.

Wwe had to deal with ACH at some point though.Mercury and Whitmer are done with ROH and the sooner they stop talking about this the sooner it can just go away for ROH so the only option they have is to never shut up about it. ??‍♂️

Trips might be right; this "announcing that you want your release on Twitter" stuff might all just be a cry for attention.

If these folks really wanted their release, they'd openly talk about unionizing on Twitter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

Wwe had to deal with ACH at some point though.Mercury and Whitmer are done with ROH and the sooner they stop talking about this the sooner it can just go away for ROH so the only option they have is to never shut up about it. ??‍♂️

I don't think they need to stop taking about it, but they've gone from talking about to just attacking nearly everyone who reports on wrestling like they're all somehow complicit.

46 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Trips might be right; this "announcing that you want your release on Twitter" stuff might all just be a cry for attention.

If these folks really wanted their release, they'd openly talk about unionizing on Twitter. 

Honestly, it wouldn't need to be that far- if they really wanted their release and to strike a blow for the workers' rights, the better option would be to challenge the independent contractor system:

"Oh, you think I'm an independent contractor but make us work like a regular employee to save money? Great.

An independent contractor can legally enter a contract to work with any employers they want and are not beholden to one company.

With that in mind, I've entered a legal agreement to wrestle at AEW/NJPW/Impact's next PPV event. As an independent contractor, I can legally do this. Now, either release me (in which case I've got my first non-WWE date lined up beforehand), or declare me an employee and subject to all employee benefits (in which case, I can no longer legally work this date and I'll happily cancel.)"

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I wonder what he's pitching exactly? At a guess anything involving him going over Bray or Braun wouldn't ever happen.

Another match with Vince?

Or if he's smart, hes hoping the impeachment happens and he can redeem his transgressions by beating up a slightly bigger racist, more orange POS at Mania.

nah, FHH is going to backstroke him to safety as everything sinks below the waves around him just like Hulk promised back in 88

"cocaine is a hell of a drug" Part #2,834,196

• Like 2

10 hours ago, D.Z said:

New ic title.

odqzgbs1dc041.jpg

For Real?! Oh wow... The only way I'll begrudgingly accept this is if a little child won a contest or something. 

Edit: I saw an in ring photo in the belts thrwad where this looked way better than in the promo shot above, so I take my statement back. A little at least. 

Edited by ReiseReise
Another photo...

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

also, mentions of wrestlers and unionization make this as good a time and place as any to once again say Fuck Hulk Hogan.

I’m not one of those sheep who unequivocally hate on Hogan, but he was the first champion who never stuck up for the boys ala Bruno and set a precedent for the champ being ‘me first’ selfish. So in agreement with that statement.

Also I really dig the new IC title, it’s classy and a nice change. Side plates look tacky next to the centrepiece though

• Haha 1

75242210_10156864230903862_2188171213224

I attended a WWE house show this month, first time I'd gone in three years. Originally it was to be a Smackdown house show on a weekday but got turned into RAW on the weekend through Fuck Saudi Arabia. The most popular shirts I kept seeing were Seth Rollins (sorry NDVDVR), Becky Lynch and Bray Wyatt. I spotted somebody sporting a Young Bucks shirt.

The show was really good, I was able to see favourites of mine in order of appearance: Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens, Rey Mysterio and The Fiend. Cool seeing a great in Rey Mysterio live for the first time. Fortunate to see Banks and The Fiend considering it was a RAW show when both are Smackdown talents.

I looked forward to experience The Fiend Bray Wyatt's entrance in person and it didn't disappoint. The red lights are a pain in the ass, less so the entrance but certainly in the main event as The Fiend beat Seth Rollins in a Street Fight. Miffed my camera's battery ran out two minutes before the end.

• Like 6

Re watched 2 shows this morning, IWA King of the Death Match 2003 and Chikara King of Trios 2011 (Night 1).

Regardless of anyone’s opinion on death match wrestling, or Ian, or IWA, that show is stacked.  Probably the peak of that style of wrestling.  The crowd is hot, with the CZWFans having travelled down for the show.  That ring though, yeesh, literally every match was a Staph Infection death match.  Also has the sickest bump on the whole show is Mickie Knuckles being power bombed onto the upright chair.

King of Trios was also great and that year was really tremendous and really peak Chikara, highlights being Walkman and the Michinoku Pro team of Togo, Shinzaki and Sasuke.  

Couple of random thoughts though, Chikara had 3 better versions of the Dark Order with Ultramantis Black’s stable, the Bruderschaft des Kreuzes and The Batiri in that one tournament.  I’m not sure how active The Batiri are these days but they would be great minions for the Dark Order rather than the stupid masked guys they have now.

Second thought was how much 3.0 have got lost in the NXT system. Those guys were really great and I miss seeing them on a regular basis

3.0 failed their EMT tryouts at HITC Flair/Banks.

4 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Re watched 2 shows this morning, IWA King of the Death Match 2003 and Chikara King of Trios 2011 (Night 1).

Regardless of anyone’s opinion on death match wrestling, or Ian, or IWA, that show is stacked.  Probably the peak of that style of wrestling.  The crowd is hot, with the CZWFans having travelled down for the show.  That ring though, yeesh, literally every match was a Staph Infection death match.  Also has the sickest bump on the whole show is Mickie Knuckles being power bombed onto the upright chair.

King of Trios was also great and that year was really tremendous and really peak Chikara, highlights being Walkman and the Michinoku Pro team of Togo, Shinzaki and Sasuke.  

Couple of random thoughts though, Chikara had 3 better versions of the Dark Order with Ultramantis Black’s stable, the Bruderschaft des Kreuzes and The Batiri in that one tournament.  I’m not sure how active The Batiri are these days but they would be great minions for the Dark Order rather than the stupid masked guys they have now.

Second thought was how much 3.0 have got lost in the NXT system. Those guys were really great and I miss seeing them on a regular basis

• Like 1