DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Seriously. Death match tough guy Jimmy Havoc getting chumped out by a commentator really undercuts the notion that he's a threat. 

Watching Jimmy Havoc wrestle undercuts the notion that he's a threat.

Looking at a picture of Jimmy Havoc undercuts the notion that he's a threat.

The name "Jimmy Havoc" undercuts the notion that he's a threat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, Casey said:

He started a fight, in public, while drunk, infront of his boss with an announcer. If he's not fired, something needs to be done to set a precedent.

I'm not sure we know enough to suggest Havoc will be fired.  Khan, during his media scrum, laughed it off.  That might've been for the public as the questions all seemed kayfabed (at least the beginning), but regardless I don't think we know enough to suggest a firing.  

I don't think Havoc is as bad as most, but he desperately needs a new look.  He looks like a generic forgettable 'garbage' wrestler.  Watching him I have a feeling he's got more than he shows in these 'hardcore' bouts.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Seriously. Death match tough guy Jimmy Havoc getting chumped out by a commentator really undercuts the notion that he's a threat. 

I mean, in all honesty, the only real threat from a good portion of the death match guys after 1999 is how much pain and punishment they'd be willing to subject themselves to. A lot of them just look like normal guys. Obviously there are exceptions, one of which is not Jimmy Havoc. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

Watching Jimmy Havoc wrestle undercuts the notion that he's a threat.

Looking at a picture of Jimmy Havoc undercuts the notion that he's a threat.

The name "Jimmy Havoc" undercuts the notion that he's a threat.

The entrance and attire is cool but then he’s in the ring with crappy jeans no shirt and badly thinning hair it just looks terrible. 

19 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Really, imagine a top guy in WWE getting his ass kicked by an announcer? Seriously!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nate said:

I occasionally get the Jimmys Havoc and Rave mixed up in my head, sight unseen.

45 is going to hit hard as a mug.

Jimmy Rave is the guy who was the single wisest use of tax dollars in Gahnain history.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Casey said:

I just found out that Dakota Kai and Shayna Baszler are dating. That's an awesome couple right there.

Was wondering about that. I recall something about hints online on them being a couple a bit back but wasn't sure. Good for them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I don't think Havoc is as bad as most, but he desperately needs a new look.  He looks like a generic forgettable 'garbage' wrestler.  Watching him I have a feeling he's got more than he shows in these 'hardcore' bouts.    

I bet you his look would improve greatly if he went through a Mr. JL like luchador transformation, or better yet a Super Dragon/Excalibur transformation. In fact a lot of short guys who are on the uglier side of wrestling have benefited wearing a top, and mask. Heck, Chikara trained, and employed skinny geeks, to then put them under masks, and bodysuits.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Havoc would be best served at this point to be a super-evil manager who can take bumps when needed.  I like his death match stuff but when he does a regular match in AEW the crowd isn't as into it even if he's good.  And I'm not sure where he had the fight with Excalibur but would love to read more about it (F4W wasn't much help)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I bet you his look would improve greatly if he went through a Mr. JL like luchador transformation, or better yet a Super Dragon/Excalibur transformation. In fact a lot of short guys who are on the uglier side of wrestling have benefited wearing a top, and mask. Heck, Chikara trained, and employed skinny geeks, to then put them under masks, and bodysuits.

This might be a good idea for JImmy.  There are a ton of guys with poor facials that I think would benefit greatly from covering up.  Actually, of all ppl, I keep thinking Bullet Club member Taiji Ishimori would benefit from a hood.  I say Ishimiori because he seems like such a nerd when he tries to show emotion with his facials.  There are a lot of guys like this.  But yeah, solid point.  

He can still learn. Christopher Daniels was a ten+ year vet before he started facially emoting during matches. I used to say how Curry Man's mask was more animated than Daniels' actual face. Then all of a sudden he started doing comedy promos with Kaz and totally changed his in-ring work style. Less robotic, more storytelling.