DVDVR Message Board

UFC 244: Masvidal vs. Diaz (11/2/2019) - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

Meant to ask this earlier, what does Nick Diaz do now as his last fight was four years ago vs. Anderson Silva? I know he was suspended. This will be Nate's fifth fight in that timeframe.

Edited by The Natural

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Meant to ask this earlier, what does Nick Diaz do now as his last fight was four years ago vs. Anderson Silva? I know he was suspended. This will be Nate's fifth fight in that timeframe.

It's closer to five years now. Just be Nick Diaz I'm guessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW DAZN has decided to wait until the UFC 244 main event is over to start Canelo vs. Kovalev so viewers don't have to choose between the two. Based on the lack of crowd and energy at the Canelo vs. Kovalev weigh-in, that's an extremely smart decision on their part.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

This division sucks. It's wide open for a decent fighter to quickly leap to the top (and lose to Shevchenko).

I wouldn't say the division sucks (especially if you compare to the days when Barb Honchak was #1), but the initial slew of challengers are not going to be the best. Look at strawweight for example. Jessica Penne and Valerie Letourneau challenged for the belt and the division improved dramatically thereafter.

Just now, Oyaji said:

Absolutely but I want to die when I watch Katlyn Chookagian fight. I hope one of the promising younger fighters (that are flawed themselves) beat her before she gets a title shot.

Oh, I think she gets the next title shot so that's out of the books IMO. Chookagian is a pretty decent fighter, but it's not the prettiest style to watch at all. 

Apparently, the portion of your head underneath your ear is very vulnerable. On the replay, Jairzinho caught him right underneath the ear and made Andrei's eyes roll in the back of his head like the Undertaker. Scary. That was more than an equilibrium shot.