DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Tomorrow is opening night already! 

Looks like the favorites are the Clippers? That can't be right....

Oh, and the Heat found a SF (and SG!) who can shoot the lights out of the building and ISN'T batshit insane.  So Dion Waiters this news is taking this news well:

Waiters has been suspended for the Heat's opener vs. Memphis. 

Astros are fun and all but Rockets season starts tonight!  Basketball Lawful Metal is back!  Time to besmirch that fraud MVP Giannis.  All he does is travel and shoot free throws.  In a perfect world, Russ will be on the floor whenever Harden's not, and their interactions together should be mostly limited.  Please don't take too many threes Russ.  I'm trying here. 

• Sad 1

So the Kings were going be one of my League Pass teams after hearing about how exciting they were last year. One game of Luke Walton coaching and that idea is dead. Slow paced with next to no ball movement. Funny to look back and think of how high everyone was on Luke Walton after the season that Kerr was out for the most of it.

51 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

So the Kings were going be one of my League Pass teams after hearing about how exciting they were last year. One game of Luke Walton coaching and that idea is dead. Slow paced with next to no ball movement. Funny to look back and think of how high everyone was on Luke Walton after the season that Kerr was out for the most of it.

May I recommend the Bulls? They are playing a more free form style, and most of all, they only have 2 above average defensive players on there roster. Should be high scoring as hell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

May I recommend the Bulls? They are playing a more free form style, and most of all, they only have 2 above average defensive players on there roster. Should be high scoring as hell.

I shall give them a look. Outside of listening to Wendell Carter on the Right Time with Bomani Jones, I think the last time I really heard anything about the Bulls was the whole fiasco when Jim Boylen took over.

Disgusting. I think they called 5 offensive fouls on Harden. None of them even close. Russ had a good game. When Ilyasova and Connaughton can’t miss it’s hard. Considering how bad Harden was shooting for the game to be that close against the best regular season team it shouldn’t have been that close. 

also Gordon shot like shit. He was a -22! That’s not likely to happen again.

Edited by Lawful Metal
Eric Gordon

Finally went through the Bulls's opener. 

The team can certainly be exciting and the scoring output was high. Lauri only hit one 3 but he still managed to score 35. I was kind of surprised at how much he was able to drive. It was a skill he had but everyone wanted him to be a spot up assassin. Apparently he worked on driving to the hoop even more and added a drag step that has been giving people problems. He's also bulked up significantly over the last two years and it paid off down low with 17 rebounds. Really excited about his potential this year.

I think this squad could be pretty fun this year. We might finally be out of the gutter. The defense was absolutely TRASH, which I know will drive me up the fucking wall, but I might not be completely miserable. 

• Like 1