DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2019

Dolfan in NYC

You don't remember his awesome catchphrase "Bow to my howl"?

For AEW Dark next week: An Eight Man Tag, and Janela vs Omega Light's Out Unsanctioned. I dunno what the pre-show dark matches were though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

You don't remember his awesome catchphrase "Bow to my howl"?

For AEW Dark next week: An Eight Man Tag, and Janela vs Omega Light's Out Unsanctioned. I dunno what the pre-show dark matches were though.

Now I don’t want to know the results. I read somewhere that they had two crazy spots during the Dark tapings.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The match filmed before the show was Sonny Kiss vs. Kip Sabian vs. The Librarian 

Sounds like a better amount of matches this week honestly, and a better combination. I still would like some enhancement matches to establish wrestlers movesets, as well as give a guy like Shawn Spears something where he doesn’t look like a total geek on some weeks. Plus, Tully has been doing a hell of a job in his new role that he doesn’t deserve to be associated with a total loser. 

I honestly hope they have another guy lined up for Tully. Crossing my fingers for a pairing with Wardlow..

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The match filmed before the show was Sonny Kiss vs. Kip Sabian vs. The Librarian 

I am so bummed they didn't have this last week, we'd have been all over this.  Hoping to see Sonny at Full Gear in some capacity.

Looking at a couple of clips, Janela and Omega went all out in their hardcore match. Hell yeah. And I have been mostly not watching that Bucks conversation series on YT but Janela is an interesting dude and I enjoyed his episode. Talks about the Enzo and Cass stuff among other things. 

• Like 1

If Tully were in Impact, I'd obviously pair him with Tessa, but I also think Tully managing The North would be a good combination.

He needs somebody else besides Shawn Spears that isn't a job guy. I think Jake Hager would have been a good fit with Tully. I also like the aforementioned idea of putting Tully with Wardlow.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Havoc's is a rip off of AFI and Darby's is a like a mashup of most every goth punk song from the '80s ever. Funny that the knockoffs are the only ones half decent (other than Riho's, which is the best).

On 10/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, Edwin said:

Folks breakdown in detail lesser things, you think they won't this when it's been brought up multiple times by those in charge?

If they didn't want to get called out on it constantly, they should've avoided mentioning it in the first place.

As I said before, wins and losses can matter without record keeping.

Also this "let's not be as overly critical and over analytical" response is similar to an answer Meltzer gave to something AEW related a little bit ago, but then he proceeded to be overly critical and overly analytical about something WWE did. Hypocrite.

It's just sad the AEW fan base goes all up in arms when fans do to their product what they usually do to WWE.

This. When they hype something as a differentiator from WWE, it’s fair to hold them to that in just the second week. Cody’s explanation was fine, but everything he said about their wins applied to PAC more. He could have easily said they’re already with negotiating with PAC for a title shot, while Allin/Havoc are having to fight to earn one, or that their records simply reflect the fact that few people have distinguished themselves this early on in the show, so they’re give two guys with some good early performance a chance to earn a shot. 

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

So, when are they going to dump their shitty songs on YouTube so I can have Riho's theme on a loop for 10 hours? 

Yeah, I love her theme and it sounds like something you'd play on a DDR machine.  I also like Pac's theme as while it doesn't exactly fit him I am a sucker for drum n bass music.