DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

No, no, Too Cool was corny, but then Rikishi was the  cool one who for whatever reason hung out with them.

PG-13 was corny, but intentionally so. It really worked for them as their brief time as the Nation of Domination (who were cool, at least from the perspective of this black teenager who had read The Autobiography by that point) hype men. 

WE ARE THE NATION LIVE AND IN COLOR

DON'T DISS THE MAN OR WE'LL BUMRUSH YA MOTHER

LISTEN WHAT I'M SAYIN IT'S FOR REAL AND NOT PLAYIN

FAROOQ IS THE MAN SO HIT YA KNEES AND START PRAYIN

Come on, that is the very nexus of corny and cool that great pro wrestling does so well. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

17 hours ago, Casey said:

Anyone want to guess which female superstar is currently not medically cleared to compete?

She's DVDVR's favorite topic when it comes to WWE's women's division.

Bull Nakano?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Anyone want to guess which female superstar is currently not medically cleared to compete?

She's DVDVR's favorite topic when it comes to WWE's women's division.

Mae Young?  I'd say she's probably not cleared, yeah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Mike Johnson

WWE Hall of Famer Adam "Edge" Copeland was in Pittsburgh, PA today on what we are told was WWE business.  There's been a lot of talk lately about Copeland returning to the ring for special appearances, but Copeland had seemingly shut that down on Twitter.  Then, today, he was in Pittsburgh, where Dr. Joseph Maroon, the head of WWE's Medical, is headquartered.  So, stay tuned.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He also had a bloody nose during the traffic stop from what he described as an earlier fight with his wife.

3c4ad40d0aeb485da061e82326339ab6_md.jpg

A fight with the wife and a bloody nose. Sounds like a fight over Jeff bogarting the meth or coke.

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Peak wrestling cool is always going to be white guys wearing Fubu and fanny packs.

No, it's also Bull Nakano.

I was listening to the Post Wrestling Raw recap this morning and they were riffing on Vince booking Andre and Hogan the same way Lashley and Rusev are being booked right now, which was both kind of frightening and hilarious.

I needed to get this off my chest as the image of Andre and Linda Hogan smooching on the set of Wrestling Challenge has been burned into my head all day.

please make it stop.

• Haha 1