DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

11 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I love the way some people talk about cancelling their Network subscription like they just escaped Shawshank. 

I'd say it's more like escaping an in-patient rehab since most of us have always watched WWF/E and stopping is like trying to kick a nearly life-long addiction. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

They should put Woods on commentary on one of their shows while he's recuperating, even if he's overproduced on two of them. 

If they were to do this - I think it would have to be NXT since I doubt they would constantly have him travelling while in rehab and he lives in the Orlando area.

Of course, he is already talking about going to more cons so maybe he doesn't care what it will be like travelling all the time

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, odessasteps said:

I mentioned in one of the AEW threads that I wondered if Kong signed to be a coach for insurance (while wondering if she was now in SAG from making glow). 

then I saw a blurb online about some pod interview she did comparing insurance between AEW and WWE. 

Kong would've been forced to join SAG. If you put in enough time, you're obligated to join.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If they were to do this - I think it would have to be NXT since I doubt they would constantly have him travelling while in rehab and he lives in the Orlando area.

He lives in Atlanta, doesn't he?

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

What kind of goober wears blue and neon green and expects to be taken seriously?

6016.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course, he is already talking about going to more cons so maybe he doesn't care what it will be like travelling all the time

I was just going to straight up suggest NXT for this reason, but yeah, he's too useful as a personality to not utilize him in some way. 

21 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm guessing that "I don't watch WWE anymore" is this board's new version on "I'm Vegan"

Nah because being vegan can be rough on your health if you don't supplement your diet properly, but there are no ill side effects to dumping WWE's programming from your schedule.

(I get what you mean, though, and though I've mentioned that I haven't seen the programming since late 2016, it's always to qualify a comment that I'm making about the company now. But yeah, people are really proud of their breakaway from watching the programming, like damn, really vocally happy about it.)

Did you see what they did to the Fiend?

Me rn thinking about it:

qpirm.gif

I'm just happy I cancelled my subscription. Feels mentally liberating and it makes me feel superior to other wrestling fans as now I can focus my full energy on alternative wrestling programming!

Edited by Edwin

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

All of its true. 

Why is this not still a thing? I would have thought that even Vince would have immediately recognised that creepy, sociopathic mob boss Daniel Bryan was incredible TV

Unrelated query: you know that incredibly unnerving montage of Roddy Piper promos that was cut to just be all the sharp intakes of breath and no actual words? Has anybody ever done a similar supercut of every time HHH said "UH" at the end of a word? I need it to upset my wife with

• Like 1