DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

10 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Anybody that thinks this shit today is ok can kiss every inch of my ass

Add my ass to the list.  What the everloving fuck. 

We live in a country where black people are gunned down every day by police who "felt threatened" or "thought there was a gun in their hand" but Vanilla ISIS/Y'all Queda can storm the fucking capitol building and the cops aren't doing shit.  These nuts need to be rounded up and charged with domestic terrorism at the very least. 

I guess after being the laughingstock of the world for four years, we needed one more bullshit incident.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 9

Are there any board members that live or work in that area? Hopefully they can check in at some point. I'm very fucking worried for the city because this is in broad daylight - who the hell knows what's going to happen when the sun goes down?

What a proud day this must be! I feel sorry for you guys! For the love of... I hope this leads to something that should have been done a long time ago!

This needs to end. If anyone condones this, there should be consequences. Way too far , way too long! Fuck this! Everyone, stay safe and stay home!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Thirded. And pack a lunch because it's one fat ass.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I live in the greater DC Metro area and one thing I know for a fact is that there are armed men at pretty much every government building who will shoot you without question if they suspect you are going to storm the building.  That is the only reason they are there.  A few years ago, a woman who was going through a mental health crisis drove past a barrier, and they shot her right then and there.  That is how these buildings are protected.  Today, this happened.

When black people say that our laws are only there to promote and protect white supremacy, this is what we mean.  Literally any other group of people would have died before they made it anywhere close to the Capitol, and here we see this group of white people, some with confederate, nazi, and other white supremacist flags, get let into the building by law enforcement while congress is in session.  I don't know a single black person who is surprised by this, we all saw it coming.  This is what about half the people in this country want.  This is why they voted for Trump.  This is who they are.  Never forget that.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Yeah, it absolutely beggars belief that Capitol police were overwhelmed or taken off guard by this mob.  They were complicit in this, as that video seems to prove.

We're likely going to get this shut down for being political, but what the hell... As Kathy and I re-watched the footage it became obvious to us. The Capitol police are some seriously bad MFs, due to who and what they are charged with protecting, their training is a bit different than that of other police departments; they are trained to shoot first and do the paperwork later, they do not fuck around with warning shots or "freeze" commands, they fuck you up real badly. This has "inside job" stamped all over it, you cannot convince me that the Capitol police didn't know this was coming and had orders to stand down or stand aside, whatever... Otherwise the Senate chamber would be inches deep in blood and spent cartridges.

• Like 8

I feel nothing but great sadness, disgust, and dread from what I saw today. Enough is enough. I hope this is the end of it. Watching this unfold today was horrible.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I just hope we can get to the other side of this OK.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 4

After everything by THAT in his term of office, the fucked up 2020 we all got through, yesterday GMT time was really something. A new low. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Still cant. This incitement over democracy. What a shit time of it in the USA and here in the UK too. Virtual hugs y'all, Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, The Natural said:

After everything by THAT in his term of office, the fucked up 2020 we all got through, yesterday GMT time was really something. A new low. Couldn't believe what I was watching. Still cant. This incitement over democracy. What a shit time of it in the USA and here in the UK too. Virtual hugs y'all, Paul xxx.

Thanks for the virtual hug, bro! Needed that. Here's the bright spot, there is less than two weeks for the orange shit-gibbon to try and undermine democracy as it is practiced here. I'm old enough to have lived through two terms of Richard M. Nixon and if we got through that, we can get through anything. Despite approximately 50% of my countrymen being too stupid to put the toilet seat up when they have to piss, we are a rather resilient people and I have high hopes for the next three terms of the POTUS, in which we will see the first woman as POTUS (and a woman of color at that) and the oldest POTUS ever having the most remarkable one-term presidency ever. Yeah, I'm thinking four years of Biden and eight years of Harris. One of the talking heads today proclaimed that the era of Mitch McConnell is over and that the Republicans need to rally around their leaders of the future such as Marco Rubio... After I stopped laughing I realized that the guy was serious. Look, if Marco Rubio is your future you probably want to be considering a long walk on a short pier, just sayin'...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Robert C said:

18 hours ago, Technico Support said:

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Thirded. And pack a lunch because it's one fat ass.

Add one more to the list. This shit is unacceptable.

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is it sad that this is just about the time I figured something like this would happen? 

You're not alone in that thinking. I just wish we were wrong on that line of thought. I guess 2020 was just the tutorial after all.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

And now both houses have closed up shop and are running home until the 19th. So no impeachment, no 25th amendment, everyone gets away with it.

As RIPPA would say when people don't vote in the film projects he runs...COWARDS!!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

And now both houses have closed up shop and are running home until the 19th. So no impeachment, no 25th amendment, everyone gets away with it.

You know what they really should've done? They should've hustled Biden/Harris to DC and sworn them in. There's a precedent on the state level.

32 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

This is what they were going to do anyway.   The 2nd impeachment thing would have been nothing but political theater.   

The 25th Amendment can be exercised by the Vice President and the Cabinet, without Congress. 

And no, they're not "getting away with it."   The FBI is investigating.  They tend to look poorly on stealing and destroying Federal property.  

Everyone calm down.