DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Today is World Cerebral Palsy Day. There are 17 million people on the world with Cerebral Palsy and I'm in that group. You have good and bad days with CP, the latter over the past week. If there's anything you wish to ask, you can.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Today is World Cerebral Palsy Day. There are 17 million people on the world with Cerebral Palsy and I'm in that group. You have good and bad days with CP, the latter over the past week. If there's anything you wish to ask, you can.

My neurologist said my body has to work four times harder doing the exact same thing as someone without Cerebral Palsy. That really took me, my parents, sister and other people aback.

46 minutes ago, The Natural said:

My neurologist said my body has to work four times harder doing the exact same thing as someone without Cerebral Palsy. That really took me, my parents, sister and other people aback.

That sounds extremely harsh, but going through this as well all the other struggles that life has already thrown at you and having you still be the positive person you seem to be, must make you mentally tough like nobody's business!

You and I share at least one similar tragedy as we both have lost our mothers way too early on in life. So, there's something I can relate to, although I can only imagine the strain Cerebral Palsy puts on you on daily basis. You have a heart of a warrior.

Keep on being the good influence you are on this board in the face of all this adversity and keep staying safe, healthy and alive!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

That sounds extremely harsh, but going through this as well all the other struggles that life has already thrown at you and having you still be the positive person you seem to be, must make you mentally tough like nobody's business!

You and I share at least one similar tragedy as we both have lost our mothers way too early on in life. So, there's something I can relate to, although I can only imagine the strain Cerebral Palsy puts on you on daily basis. You have a heart of a warrior.

Keep on being the good influence you are on this board in the face of all this adversity and keep staying safe, healthy and alive!

Thank you for that, @Shartnado. Really appreciate it. I'm so sorry you lost your Mum early on. It's the worst.

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Thank you for that, @Shartnado. Really appreciate it. I'm so sorry you lost your Mum early on. It's the worst.

Thanks again!

Yeah, it is! Now each year (for a few years now) I've lived longer without her in my life than I ever did with her in it. My wife is now going through the same ordeal, as it's now been 13 months that her mother passed away. I really thought 2019 was a shitty year due to that, but little did we know! Also, fuck cancer!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Are you aware of Gregory Iron? He has CP, and he wrestles. It's unbelievable, but he does it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, it is! Now each year (for a few years now) I've lived longer without her in my life than I ever did with her in it. My wife is now going through the same ordeal, as it's now been 13 months that her mother passed away. I really thought 2019 was a shitty year due to that, but little did we know! Also, fuck cancer!

I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is the worst pain you'll ever go through. I'm sorry your wife is going through it now. Indeed, fuck Cancer. I lost one of my best friends to it, she was only 26. Ten years next year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Are you aware of Gregory Iron? He has CP, and he wrestles. It's unbelievable, but he does it.

I am as I remember CM Punk attending a show he was on and put him over on the mike. This was when CM Punk beat John Cena for the WWE Championship at Money in the Bank 2011. I've never seen him wrestle. I'll make a mental note now to do so. Cheers, @AxB.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is the worst pain you'll ever go through. I'm sorry your wife is going through it now. Indeed, fuck Cancer. I lost one of my best friends to it, she was only 26. Ten years next year.

I'm very sorry to hear that. 26 seems so tragically young that it's hard to wrap one's mind around it. I do recall you mentioning her previously.

It remains a testament to your wherewithal that you can still have such a positive attitude towards life and the world, even with such experiences and tragedies in life!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

I am as I remember CM Punk attending a show he was on and put him over on the mike. This was when CM Punk beat John Cena for the WWE Championship at Money in the Bank 2011. I've never seen him wrestle. I'll make a mental note now to do so. Cheers, @AxB.

I remember Gregory had some media attention when they found out. It's really a great story with how he's been able to do it as long as he has. I still can't believe he's been a heel as I would find it impossible to boo him. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I remember Gregory had some media attention when they found out. It's really a great story with how he's been able to do it as long as he has. I still can't believe he's been a heel as I would find it impossible to boo him. 

He's in 44OH. Their heel gimmick is that they're from Cleveland.

You can boo him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Today I discovered that my six year old figured out he can have games pulled up in another tab during class meetings, and his teacher has no idea.

My 8 year old nephew used YouTube to figure out how to order from Amazon. Too bad my sister was logged in as he got himself a Halloween costume. Which is fine with her since he's not only doing great at school but is handling damn near all the remote stuff by himself (my mom or sister are there anyway to help but still)  But she changed her login any way. He's a great kid and I feel really good about his future. 

Speaking of kids one of our biggest regrets is not having a kid before things went south for her mom. So we're resuming talks about having one. And her mom's a resilient person. She was slated to pass away Monday night but while she's on morphine is still hanging on. I'm thankful to have personal days lined up to be there as we've just been doing whatever to keep my wife's mind off of things for a bit. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

My 8 year old nephew used YouTube to figure out how to order from Amazon. Too bad my sister was logged in as he got himself a Halloween costume. Which is fine with her since he's not only doing great at school but is handling damn near all the remote stuff by himself (my mom or sister are there anyway to help but still)  But she changed her login any way. He's a great kid and I feel really good about his future. 

Speaking of kids one of our biggest regrets is not having a kid before things went south for her mom. So we're resuming talks about having one. And her mom's a resilient person. She was slated to pass away Monday night but while she's on morphine is still hanging on. I'm thankful to have personal days lined up to be there as we've just been doing whatever to keep my wife's mind off of things for a bit. 

This post is both heartbreaking and heart-warming at the same time. Hang in there, man! Yeah, my 10-year old nephew would be buying stuff online for his online games all the time, but I think the parents are pretty aware of what he's up to at any points, so I don't worry about it, too much. I do worry that I'm unable to play those games with him, because they start to be beyond my comprehension by now. I feel like I'm having a seizure trying to play Fortnite with him for example.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Best of luck, man!  It's at the same time most challenging and most rewarding thing you'll ever do.

• Thanks 1

Grandpa had a stroke. Blood clot somewhere in his head. They operated on him and sounds like he’s responsive. Mixed signals on if he actually remembered who my aunt was but he did just get out of surgery. He’ll spend overnight in the hospital and see where he is tomorrow. He’s been pretty out of it for a year now and been not recognizing people this week. My Aunt and I had to explain to my grandma she couldn’t visit him in the hospital. She let out a sorrowful sigh. 

I’m drinking Tullamore Dew. Tired but probably won’t sleep. He’s probably going to die or have some type of damage. He’s at the end of the road. He was always very funny and great with kids. He’d crack us all up and was so loving with a big smile and a bigger belly. For a while he’s been stoic and unable to hear. He’d be in his chair and you couldn’t tell if he was comprehending or not. He’d eventually smile and nod. He needed to be put in a safer place where he could be taken care of. But family members dragged their feet. They were finally looking at a place near me. Maybe it’s not too late. I try not to be bitter. This has been a long time coming. I’m depressed and tired. I knew this was coming soon. Sad for my dad who is going to take this all terribly. 

• Sad 13

52 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Grandpa had a stroke. Blood clot somewhere in his head. They operated on him and sounds like he’s responsive. Mixed signals on if he actually remembered who my aunt was but he did just get out of surgery. He’ll spend overnight in the hospital and see where he is tomorrow. He’s been pretty out of it for a year now and been not recognizing people this week. My Aunt and I had to explain to my grandma she couldn’t visit him in the hospital. She let out a sorrowful sigh. 

I’m drinking Tullamore Dew. Tired but probably won’t sleep. He’s probably going to die or have some type of damage. He’s at the end of the road. He was always very funny and great with kids. He’d crack us all up and was so loving with a big smile and a bigger belly. For a while he’s been stoic and unable to hear. He’d be in his chair and you couldn’t tell if he was comprehending or not. He’d eventually smile and nod. He needed to be put in a safer place where he could be taken care of. But family members dragged their feet. They were finally looking at a place near me. Maybe it’s not too late. I try not to be bitter. This has been a long time coming. I’m depressed and tired. I knew this was coming soon. Sad for my dad who is going to take this all terribly. 

Very sorry, @Octopus. Strokes suck. Thinking of you and your family xxx.

• Like 1

Damn been some rough times for some of yall. Sorry to hear that.

Last year my father,after I got him a roku,discovered Youtube. Back in June he talked about wanting to start a youtube channel. But him being 76 and never touched a computer means I have to run the channel.

Starting this Thursday at 4:45pm his first full video goes up. Just him telling funny and/or heartwarming stories from his life.

Right now we have enough stuff filmed to cover us thru the end of the year. 

• Like 10

Apparently someone in Philadelphia booked the ECW Arena for a political event, but then the building owners cancelled them off when they found out it was pro-Trump. Which obviously none of us will be expressing any opinions about.

• Haha 6