DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:28 PM, Raziel said:

Needs more

pepe.gif

If you look closer, he Pepe's in there, it's just another conspiracy if it's not.

17 minutes ago, gordi said:

It was so difficult to find toilet paper around here that I had to resort to using newspapers. Let me tell you, the times were rough.

Zing? Also, ow.

• Like 1

So DC Metro's General Manager (so the person in charge of all the public transportation in this area) announced that in the plan to reopen that is being presented to the Board this week that full service won't resume until next spring and they will "ask the region's employers to limit daily commuters by staggering work schedules and encouraging telework."

So yeah... we got that going for us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 5/9/2020 at 8:59 PM, Ryan said:

This explains the grand unified conspiracy theorem.

Qanon-map.jpg

Hmmm...too many words. Equally possible this is a flowchart for explaining Dark (Netflix) or Primer.

(Yes, I know there is a real flowchart for Primer. I have it saved on my computer because I'm a weirdo.)

Edited by Craig H

I've been shaving my head for years now. Cheapest DIY haircut you can have especially if you don't have a funky head shape. Cons are sometimes cutting your head and an increased risk of skin cancer. Overall rating - 7/10.

Since I really started growing my beard out I did enjoy going to my barber for beard trims and shaping because I always worry I'll mess things up. Since the quarantine, I started to just take my beard trimmer down my face to take care of any scraggly hairs after putting on beard balm. And I'll trim under my chin and so far I've managed to keep my beard shape the same without messing anything up too badly. I'm still looking forward to when I can get a beard trim again though, mainly because I like everyone at my barber shop and I hope they're all doing well. Hell, at this rate, I hope they're able to just re-open again and not go out of business.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm surprised at how well my hair has held up during all this.  I like to keep it short year round but it's not bad. I would like to get a trim on May 20th but I'm nervous.  

I got a set of clippers called the Mangroomer on Amazon- works pretty nicely and has a bunch of trimmers so you can play with the length on everything. If we're in this thing for the long haul, you could do a lot worse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I got a set of clippers called the Mangroomer on Amazon- works pretty nicely and has a bunch of trimmers so you can play with the length on everything. If we're in this thing for the long haul, you could do a lot worse.

I didn't know about this but if I go another month without a haircut this might be an option.  I just wish this was sold anywhere else aside from Amazon as I'm not a fan of them.  I'm just glad I got a super short haircut before all this went down as it's still pretty manageable.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 4:48 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm surprised at how well my hair has held up during all this.  I like to keep it short year round but it's not bad. I would like to get a trim on May 20th but I'm nervous.  

My hair is the longest in some time. I got mine done the last week of Feburary for my birthday in March. Demand for barbers is going to be so busy when they first re-open. As such, I'll likely go the week after.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 5:07 PM, Craig H said:

I've been shaving my head for years now. Cheapest DIY haircut you can have especially if you don't have a funky head shape. Cons are sometimes cutting your head and an increased risk of skin cancer. Overall rating - 7/10.

Since I really started growing my beard out I did enjoy going to my barber for beard trims and shaping because I always worry I'll mess things up. Since the quarantine, I started to just take my beard trimmer down my face to take care of any scraggly hairs after putting on beard balm. And I'll trim under my chin and so far I've managed to keep my beard shape the same without messing anything up too badly. I'm still looking forward to when I can get a beard trim again though, mainly because I like everyone at my barber shop and I hope they're all doing well. Hell, at this rate, I hope they're able to just re-open again and not go out of business.

Yeah, I usually get my beard trimmed by the barber if I'm growing it out as I usually mess it up. My Cerebral Palsy affects my arms/hands and legs especially. My brain struggles with mirrors/reflections/symmetry.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

I've been a head-shaver for 20 years so this has been no problem for me, but my wife was supposed to get a haircut right around when this all popped off so she is going crazy.

Every time she jokes about having me shave her head it sounds a little bit less like a joke.

Five year old did mine. He had a good time with it. My wife did the cleanup and almost immediately shouted oops.  It actually looks pretty good all things considered. 

Looks like my wife and I won’t be back in the office this year. We can do everything from home anyway. Her boss wants her in the office, which makes no sense since she never works with anybody in our time zone. Corporate says hell no to that - if you’re not essential you can expect to be questioned on why the hell youre there. Good thing we have separate offices at home, or we’d be at each other’s throats after 9 months in the same room together all day. 

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I didn't know about this but if I go another month without a haircut this might be an option.  I just wish this was sold anywhere else aside from Amazon as I'm not a fan of them.  I'm just glad I got a super short haircut before all this went down as it's still pretty manageable.

Who said it wasn't sold anywhere else?

https://www.mangroomer.com/

?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Who said it wasn't sold anywhere else?

https://www.mangroomer.com/

?

I mistakenly read the site earlier as it being to Amazon.  EDIT:  It was the first header that said it though that's not true once you look elsewhere on the site.  So it looks like come payday I'll be snagging one of these.  Thank you, sir.

46 minutes ago, Ace said:

If you click on the items, they're sold on Amazon

The Platinum Pro option in the first header is misleading.  By clicking on the the actual product in the header (or even via Shop then the product) I was able to add it to my cart all through the site.  Unless they pulled a fast one no trace of Amazon in sight.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Anyone want to fashion me a wig out of all your left over hair? It would be quite luxurious and strange. I'm not ready to be Gordi.

• Haha 2

I have a working deal with my barber.  I bring him a batch of my world famous grilled lemon pepper pork chops and he keeps my fro from getting out of control.

I'm about due for another haircut, so I better roll out to Publix and get some more chops before they're totally gone..  I damn near had to kill a man over the chicken wings I bought from WalMart to fry for my mom's requested Mother's Day dinner.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

For the record, the genes for make-up and hair stuff completely skipped me. My sisters got them. Which is a significant portion of the reason why my hair frequently ends up long enough for me to sit on before I do anything about it. 

Mom asked me to cut her hair, and I nearly had a panic attack. But I took a deep breath (or 10), took the good hair cutting scissors, and gave her a good trim. She asked for it at her earlobes, and I managed it mostly, except around the back of her head where things grow a little oddly around her neck surgery scar.

Not gonna mess with mine, tho. 

• Like 2

Not going to lie, I would be so nervous to cut my own hair or anyone else's. That's a huge level of trust someone has in you to ask you to cut their hair. I'm desperately hoping my mom doesn't ask me to do it. I'm so neurotic when it comes to leveling stuff out that it would probably take me forever to do it.

• Like 3

I shave my head and beard with a 1/2 guard (not a 2 guard or 1 guard...my clipper set goes all the way down to half) every other week, so COVID has had zero impact on my grooming regimen.  My freshly shorn dome feels like a tennis ball.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

Been shaving my head since I was 15. so 31 years almost. But the last 2 years taken to just going to one of 2 barber shops in town and getting them to buzz my head. If places are too crowded this week and next I will just cut my own.

Beard wise...been growing my goatee for 5 months now.And wearing a mask when i am out I am down to shaving once every 13 days.

I've been hitting the same barber since I was in 4th grade. Been a while since I have seen him, but I have been a bit lazy about that in the past so this is nothing new or terrible for me right now. Only thing I do is try to give the beard a slight trimming on occasion.

• Like 1

Wisconsin's Supreme Court is packed with fucking garbage. Bars are allowed to open up IMMEDIATELY, but I think counties can still do their own rules. Brown County(Green Bay) already put theirs back in place. I'm sure someone will sue them. I bet all the bars are packed with maskless morons tomorrow without a care in the world.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wisconsin's Supreme Court is packed with fucking garbage. Bars are allowed to open up IMMEDIATELY, but I think counties can still do their own rules. Brown County(Green Bay) already put theirs back in place. I'm sure someone will sue them. I bet all the bars are packed with maskless morons tomorrow without a care in the world.

You lost that bet,  They were already packed last night (going by a couple Bar's "Go Live"'s.