DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

20 hours ago, Control said:

Well, Canada’s biggest mass killing in 30 years just took place in my neck of the woods, so fuck 2020 yet again.

Worst ever, now.

I saw one in Pennsylvania earlier. It's not just the south and Michigan. It's gonna be everywhere and the media is going to boost the signal and make it bigger. 

Militia nuts, revolutionary war language, and Book of Revelation verses abound. Not a call for more government support to be heard. Well done, neighbours. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

These things are astroturfed like a motherfucker, so it's not like it's coming from a grassroots level, but still - bootlickers as far as the eye can see. "WE GOTTA GET BACK TO WORK!" and "Don't tell me when I can get my hair cut!" or "Let me buy bird seed goddamnit!"... such embarrassing shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Less of we gotta get back to work than YOU have got to get back to work so I can get a hair cut and buy bird seed. If you die, so be it. Also, I want more guns.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Feel free to comment on protesters using your twitter or facebook account. Unfortunately I can't find a thread here for it.

I only needed that Theodore Long pic that's in the picture thread to make my comment.  And that is one of my most reacted to non-major-event posts on Facebook so that's all that needs to be said.

And @Craig H we do local takeout/delivery every Friday and sometimes Saturdays.  We love chain restaurants but the local ones need our money much more.  You also can't go wrong with a pizza place that dare I say doesn't have one food item that's at least really damn good.  And don't get me started on the subs with fresh Italian bread and tons of meat to last a couple days.  Man, we're spoiled around here.  Also, every couple weeks I buy a couple crowlers from this amazing brewery near us.  They have a vinyl record theme and most of the names involves song titles or lyrics.  So it's still wonderful to get a crowler of Back in Black cherry wheat beer and drink that while listening to...well...Back in Black on vinyl.  This brewery speaks to me.

Basically I do wish for everything to open back up and I miss seeing my friends in person dearly.  But I'm a patient man and am thankful to have steady income and a wife that's a blast to hang out with.  So compared to others I feel lucky.  But I do sympathize with those who are struggling whether it's due to unemployment or a bad household.  I can't fully understand their situation but I hope that things somehow work out for everybody.

I'm in Michigan right now and I haven't seen a Confederate flag yet but I'm on the lookout, we get that shit in New Hampshire as well so figure that out. 

Yesterday was the stoner holiday and apparently weed is legal here? However I couldn't muster the nerve to go to a dispensary. I did have a few local beers and ate a shitload of Culver's since we don't have it back home. 

Weed is not legal in New Hampshire despite us being surrounded by states where it is legal, Live Free Or Die yo.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Ha!

10 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Feel free to comment on protesters using your twitter or facebook account. Unfortunately I can't find a thread here for it.

I feel like you didn't read this.

I returned to work today after having 8 of the last 9 off. I used vacation days much earlier then I planned to try to clear my head and hope things calmed down with the world. Neither part worked. I’ve been filled with dread for the last 5 days just thinking about working 40 hours a day around people who still are out doing shit. Saturday was the busiest I had seen the store on a Non Black Friday. The majority of the day had lines from the checkouts to the store entrance. I was angry most of the day by the pure numbers of people still out, with a large percent buying inessential shit. 

I’m now just burnt out on everything, and kind of entering a darker head space then I’ve been in in a long while. Half the people in my department are using there sick weeks, and we have some “rumors” of team members who have it and are being told not to come back for a while. Everything is going to hell and the only thing I can do to escape it is basically go back to we’re I was 6-7 years ago: going long stretches of time without electricity and other home basics, if I decide this shit isn’t worth risking me and my family’s health. And if I do that, I still basically am risking said health for different reasons.

If I may take a moment to sound like a mopey teen: Everything fucking sucks.

• Sad 3

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:33 PM, The Natural said:

Thinking about one of my best friends, Lisa/GG. It's the nine year anniversary of Lisa's passing, she was just 26 years old. Love and miss you, Lisa xxx.

Forgot to add fuck cancer to my original post so here it is.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I'm getting tired of governors constantly whining about a lack of testing.

It should be painfully obvious at this point that the President isn't going to increase testing.

Instead of constantly complaining, the governors should SOLVE THEIR OWN GODDAMNED PROBLEMS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO INCREASE TESTING IN YOUR STATE YOUR FUCKING SELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the guidelines may be extended, but I doubt you'll find many people still following them.

I'm working retail right now and lots and lots of people I meet every day are flippant or simply don't give a fuck about the shelter in place guidelines, and a lot of them just want it to end already so they can go back to normal.

And these aren't Confederate flag waving, MAGA hat wearing rednecks.  These are people of all skin colors and all financial backgrounds.

Edited by Southside Jim

5 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I'm new to this work from home thing, but I should probably move the half-empty bottle of scotch out of camera view while teleconferencing, right?

I suppose I could not start drinking at 6 in the morning, but that's probably not going to happen while I'm jailed in my house.

You're in North Kakalackee, half the State is drunk by noon on most days anyway. Mix drinks while teleconferencing, it's probably more productive than anything being discussed on the call.

• Haha 3