DVDVR Message Board

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC
Message added by jaedmc,

We know. It's hard. But we don't want to moderate your political discussion.

Going against these wishes will result in a suspension.

Had a fun time spending last night in the ER with chest pain and shortness of breath.  Thankfully it turned out to just be hellacious acid reflux but I would prefer not to do that again.

• Sad 1

The American FCC has just approved a new plan to make the number 988 the nationwide number for the Suicide Prevention Hotline.  

I'm sure it's not active yet, but soon, that's all you'll need to dial to get someone to talk to if you're really, really down.  

• Like 5

Reading the extreme other side replies to the Portland shit makes me want to puke. People welcoming military presence to "clean up" people doing nothing. I assume most of them are bots, shit-stirring or don't live anywhere near there.

53 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Reading the extreme other side replies to the Portland shit makes me want to puke. People welcoming military presence to "clean up" people doing nothing. I assume most of them are bots, shit-stirring or don't live anywhere near there.

Most of them are the same ones that shit their pants when the military during Obama's term ran an exercise in Texas and those fucking idiots kept claiming that this was Obama's plot to take everyone's guns and invade the US.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Well, Moscow is a long way away, so you're probably right there.

• Haha 4

Doubling back on the Wayfair thing, very cool and normal that a federal judge’s son can be murdered by an international bank to cover up a child sex trafficking ring and it won’t even be a topic of discussion in a couple of days. It’s almost like Pizzagate conspiracies are thrown out there to make the actual things going on right in front of us seem crazy or implausible. 

This year can fuck off.  As if all this shit going around isn't bad enough now my mother-in-law is in a serious situation herself.

Basically she has diabetes and ended up with pancreatitis.  On top of that she has fluid in her lungs and early onset of pneumonia.  So they're preparing to move her from a local hospital to UMMC downtown which is much better handled for this situation.  According to my brother-in-law they're hoping that they can get all this handled without surgery but he said if they need surgery then we'll likely need to visit her.  From what he was told this type of surgery has a high mortality rate so they're hoping to avoid that.  I've been confident that she'll pull through but when he mentioned the mortality rate that just floored me.  My wife lost her dad to cancer 6 years ago and the idea of losing her mom has her all kinds of fucked up.  I know that we've been busy thinking of ways to visit when she's recovering and doing rehab.  And we've also talked about ways to get her moving from yoga for seniors to my mom walking with her around the neighborhood.  I'm just hoping that we have the chance for that to happen as the idea of losing her is something I'd rather not think about.

I'm really hoping that I can post that things are fine and she's in recovery by the end of this week.  I know that the folks at UMMC know what they're doing and I trust that they'll do everything they can to help her.  But with my brother-in-law telling me and not my wife we agreed it's best to keep the mortality part between us due to how much that will further mess her up.  Sorry for my rambling mess but I am still processing all this and needed a place to vent.  But yeah, fuck this fucking year.

• Sad 6

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

This year can fuck off.  As if all this shit going around isn't bad enough now my mother-in-law is in a serious situation herself.

Basically she has diabetes and ended up with pancreatitis.  On top of that she has fluid in her lungs and early onset of pneumonia.  So they're preparing to move her from a local hospital to UMMC downtown which is much better handled for this situation.  According to my brother-in-law they're hoping that they can get all this handled without surgery but he said if they need surgery then we'll likely need to visit her.  From what he was told this type of surgery has a high mortality rate so they're hoping to avoid that.  I've been confident that she'll pull through but when he mentioned the mortality rate that just floored me.  My wife lost her dad to cancer 6 years ago and the idea of losing her mom has her all kinds of fucked up.  I know that we've been busy thinking of ways to visit when she's recovering and doing rehab.  And we've also talked about ways to get her moving from yoga for seniors to my mom walking with her around the neighborhood.  I'm just hoping that we have the chance for that to happen as the idea of losing her is something I'd rather not think about.

I'm really hoping that I can post that things are fine and she's in recovery by the end of this week.  I know that the folks at UMMC know what they're doing and I trust that they'll do everything they can to help her.  But with my brother-in-law telling me and not my wife we agreed it's best to keep the mortality part between us due to how much that will further mess her up.  Sorry for my rambling mess but I am still processing all this and needed a place to vent.  But yeah, fuck this fucking year.

Hoping for the best, my brother!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

Hoping for the best, my brother!

Thank you, sir.  Luckily I have a couple hours before my wife gets home so I have time to put on a brave face.  But man, finding out about mortality rates even with surgery threw me for a loop.

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thank you, sir.  Luckily I have a couple hours before my wife gets home so I have time to put on a brave face.  But man, finding out about mortality rates even with surgery threw me for a loop.

I don't want to sound overly grim, but ask any doctor worth the name and they will tell you that surgery of any kind is a last resort and should be avoided if at all possible. I asked my doctor (who in the decade plus that I've been seeing him has become a family friend as well), and he put it this way, "If you have to go under general anesthesia that is as close to death as you will ever be." The discussion came up when we were talking about possible knee-replacement surgery, I decided fuck it, I can live with the pain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

Doubling back on the Wayfair thing, very cool and normal that a federal judge’s son can be murdered by an international bank to cover up a child sex trafficking ring and it won’t even be a topic of discussion in a couple of days. It’s almost like Pizzagate conspiracies are thrown out there to make the actual things going on right in front of us seem crazy or implausible. 

It was an MRA dipshit lawyer that apparently did it.  Banality of evil and all that.

24 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Sorry to read this, my friend. Best wishes. Indeed, fuck this fucking year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

The killer is already dead.