DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2019

Guest Edwin

I was bit busy today, but finally checking my phone and seeing the result was my 'The Lakers beat The Supersonics' from 'It was a Good Day'.

I have to say though, I fucking love that Leicester are 2nd. I have a lot of respect for that team; the way they have remained top boys.

Edited by ComingToAmerica

Coming in 2021: Queensboro FC, USL Championship. Supposedly they're building a new stadium at York College in Jamaica and also playing some matches at CitiField. David Villa is one of the investors.

Not sure what this says about NYCFC when another club can bop on in and get a stadium off the ground like that...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Robert Enke taking his own life. Still remember this ten years later:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50377937

He was my favourite goalkeeper at that time and I thought he was the prime candidate to be Germany's no. 1. His wife was so brave back then, yet it was still very heartbreaking. 

That being said, I also felt for the train driver. Having had to commute past a mental Institution on my way to work for a few years, I have sat in a train that ran over a guy before. It was a very bad experience. I can't imagine how it feels like to actually run sb over. It was tragedy all around and I truly hope it was a wakeup call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

He was my favourite goalkeeper at that time and I thought he was the prime candidate to be Germany's no. 1. His wife was so brave back then, yet it was still very heartbreaking. 

That being said, I also felt for the train driver. Having had to commute past a mental Institution on my way to work for a few years, I have sat in a train that ran over a guy before. It was a very bad experience. I can't imagine how it feels like to actually run sb over. It was tragedy all around and I truly hope it was a wakeup call. 

Thank you for sharing this. I feel for Enke, his wife, family, teammates and the train driver. You read and hear about suicide by train and you feel empathy for the train driver who is doing his job. Sorry to hear you were in a train when such a thing happened.

• Thanks 1

its_happening.gif

Also, Miami delayed voting on final approval for the stadium until the new year, as one of the city commissioners who opposed it got voted out and the new member will begin on 1/1.

Daniele de Rossi extended his contract with Boca and is staying until December 2021 and I still can't believe it happened, much less continuing for an extended period.