DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2019

Guest Edwin

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Leicester also:

became only the second team in Premier League history to establish a five-goal lead in the first half of an away game in the competition, after Manchester City against Burnley in April 2010 (also 5-0)

What a bear-mauling that was... 3-0 inside the 7-minute mark. First and possibly only time I ever felt sorry for a home team's supporters as this was years before Burnley finally consolidated in the top flight.

• Like 1

Tim Krull's saved TWO penalties for Norwich City vs. Manchester United in the first half. Man Utd lead 0-2. Liverpool losing at Anfield to Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 conceding in the first minute.

Edited by The Natural

That was a wild first half at Anfield. Chances galore, an immediate lucky goal, and Spurs' backup keeper making all sorts of world class saves.

It does seem like teams are doing a better job of harrying our fullbacks. Hendo and Gini don't offer enough through the middle in terms of creativity, so let's hope we see one of Keïta or Ox soon. 

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Penalty problem for Man U.

Anyone know what Denis Irwin is up to these days? Asking for a friend (who may or may not be OGS).

• Like 1

Spanish media caught Bale at the airport on his way to London and now they are quoting bits from an interview he just did with the Telegraph where they are trying to hint he's considering retiring.

Probably, although possible a half-empty stadium would be less fun than a jam packed home ground taking on the champions. It might also depend on if it is shown on domestic tv. 

I was speaking above just in a selfish sense. I do not fancy our chances vs the Foxes, but like them better than playing City or having an extra derby.