DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2019

Guest Edwin

50 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Liverpool squeak another one lol.

Jesus are they just getting by. Looked to be playing the best football of the campaign in the first 35 or do against Salzburg then went to shit. Leicester is a well organized team with dangerous players going forward but they created some really nice chances. I thought they did enough until Madison's leveler. Looked dire until the pelanty (/Waddle). I enjoy that they're finding ways to win when not playing their best but they are pushing their luck now.

It's all very well doing it in the Champions League, but can they do it on a rainy Sunday afternoon in Wolverhampton?

Liverpool have a penchant of ending gigs for the opposition managers. After the stupid international break, Liverpool visit Old Trafford. However, form often goes out the window for these matches. 

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

*In Manchester. 

That's where the rainy day philosophy falls down. Manchester is the wettest city in Britain. It rains every day of the year, unless it's cold enough to snow instead.

Orlando City sucks. They just got steamrolled 5-2 at home and didn't qualify for the playoffs yet again and I just saw a fan claim "we played well" and "our defense is good." How can your "defense be good" yet conceded 5 goals in a game? Makes no sense.

And JOC just got sacked.

The club has been in MLS for 5 seasons, haven't even made the playoffs yet and they have already gone through 3 managers (Adrian Heath, Jason Kreis and James O'Connor).

I don't follow the club that closely, but the problem doesn't seem like it's going to get resolved by simply replacing managers.

Inter Miami won the coin toss over the weekend and will pick first in the Expansion Draft on 11/19.  

DC, Vancouver, Dallas, Houston, and NYRB are exempted from this draft since they lost players to Cincinnati's expansion draft last year.

Nashville gets top ranking in the Allocation Ranking order (USMNT members). Miami gets the #1 pick in January's SuperDraft (college players).  

Miami's apparently down to two candidates for HC:   Santiago Solari or Gennaro Gattuso

On 10/5/2019 at 2:21 PM, The Natural said:

EGIXvGzXUAABrC9?format=jpg&name=small

This entire Bale and Madrid situation is crazy and to add to this image -- Zizou wanted Bale gone in the summer, they couldn't get anyone to take up the gigantic amounts of money the transfer would cost and he had to stay. He puts on a few a solid performances and now the Spanish is reporting he's the one who wants to leave the club.