DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

30 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Miami needs to spend some money to prevent this from happening. 

Miami has a defensive line with 8.5 career sacks combined.  They have 8 defensive linemen.  There is no way they're going to sign anyone remotely as good as Antonio Brown.  They aren't just tanking, they're digging a hole, dropping the tank in the hole, and covering it with concrete.  

• Sad 1

It's insane. Has anyone this good ever self-destructed this quickly? He's literally coming off what is arguably the greatest five year run by a receiver in NFL, and literally before the last game of said stretch... This.

Edited by Brian Fowler

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's insane. Has anyone this good ever self-destructed this quickly? He's literally booming off what is arguably the greatest five year run by a receiver in NFL, and literally before the last game of said stretch... This.

Yeah, it's weird.  Honestly, before he dyed his mustache blonde, did anyone suspect he was any crazier than your average wide receiver?

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's insane. Has anyone this good ever self-destructed this quickly? He's literally coming off what is arguably the greatest five year run by a receiver in NFL, and literally before the last game of said stretch... This.

Kurt Cobain is only person I can think of. NFL wise you can make a good case we haven't seen this keep of self-destruction since TO. 

33 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Kurt Cobain is only person I can think of. NFL wise you can make a good case we haven't seen this keep of self-destruction since TO. 

For what it's worth, T.O. wasn't this self-destructive.  T.O. was an asshole, and when he got kicked off the Eagles that one year it was because half the team took his side against the quarterback.  That will get you thrown off the team every single time.

Another question about this Antonio Brown thing...has anyone ever had their suspension announced before it ever happened?  They keep saying they plan on suspending him or he's going to be suspended...but is he actually suspended yet? I thought being suspended was like being pregnant, either you are or you're not...this sounds like a couple trying to get pregnant, but is having trouble conceiving.  How long is this suspension?  When does it start?  Why are they waiting to suspend him?  If they would have suspended him after he didn't show up, could it have helped this situation?  If they suspend him now, isn't it hurting them more than him?  He's the best player on that team.  How the hell did we not know he was this crazy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

I'm not even really that upset that GB is going to win. I'm more disappointed because it's been such a boring game, and Chicago's offense can't get out of their own way.

One day Allen Robinson is going to get a decent quarterback and he's going to be an All-Pro.

10 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

I'm not even really that upset that GB is going to win. I'm more disappointed because it's been such a boring game, and Chicago's offense can't get out of their own way.

Same. I just wanted it to end.