DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

So the word going around locally is that Jay Gruden wanted to keep Josh Doctson and cut Adrian Peterson. Clearly this was rejected by the front office.

Gruden already declared that the offense will go through Darrius Guice and Peterson is just a "backup"

Per AB's own Instagram story (since he posted the letter)

The Raiders fined him almost $54,000 for missing two practices over helmetgate (Exact amount was $53,950)

AB says the Raiders "Want to hate"

No wonder on if (or for how much) - the Raiders fined him for missing another practice later

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In case you were wondering, the crack Dean Spanos smokes in Los Angeles is just as good as San Diego:

I don't understand how they can simultaneously value Melvin Gordon so little and so much at the same damn time.  Why would anyone give them that much when they just spent the last few months telling the world he's not worth a new contract?

Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock apparently got into a heated argument today because of the IG story.  

It was apparently bad enough that the Raiders are planning on suspending AB. 

Did.... did the Steelers already win the trade?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock apparently got into a heated argument today because of the IG story.  

It was apparently bad enough that the Raiders are planning on suspending AB. 

Did.... did the Steelers already win the trade?  

Yes, even though I don't think they cared about winning or losing the trade when they got rid of him.  When was the first time we realized he was crazy?  I'm wondering if anyone has gone from someone we knew nothing at all about to batshit insane quicker than him. 

• Like 1

The only way the Steelers lose this trade is if JuJu Smith-Schuster is a complete bust and the other receivers like Moncrief and Washington do nothing.  Then maybe most of the blame for Brown being the wacko that is will be put on Ben.  But they really have to suck for that to happen

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The only way the Steelers lose this trade is if JuJu Smith-Schuster is a complete bust and the other receivers like Moncrief and Washington do nothing.  Then maybe most of the blame for Brown being the wacko that is will be put on Ben.  But they really have to suck for that to happen

I think JuJu will be OK, but I think that offense is going to miss Antonio Brown a lot.  JuJu is a guy you put your best cover guy on.  Antonio Brown is a guy you put your best cover guy on, move a safety over to help him, and AB still beats you.