DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

I tried to watch the NXT UK show live (being in European primetime and all), but the buffering was again just so bad, that I had to stop 5 minutes in (the preshow was okay, with 1 buffering every couple of minutes).

• Sad 1

Watching a couple of hours after the fact was no problem, it's just the live stream, where either the servers are not able to deal with the traffic (which would surprise me for an NXT UK show as 2 PM EST) or some other backend stuff is broken.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, CreativeControl said:

I was going to reup my subscription for the Adrian Street documentary and to catch up on NXT UK but if the Network 2.0 is still broken I reckon I'll hold off for another month or five

I recall when the network first happened that there were all kinds of issues especially when it came to live streaming.  From what I remember it took them a good month or so before they got it mostly resolved.  With the new tech they got going on I knew there were going to have issues for awhile.  As annoying as it is hopefully it won't be much longer before they update it to where everything largely works.  So waiting a month or five might be a good idea.

Is anyone else missing The Brawl to End it All and The War to Settle the Score? I started watching Brawl before bed last night (got up to the Backlund/Butcher Vachon match), but when I got home today it wasn't in my Continue Watching queue and neither was listed anymore in Hidden Gems.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:20 PM, odessasteps said:

Is it bad that I fear the adrian street doc will be framed as "homophobic Southern rasslin fans didnt get it"? 

I don't think it was that bad but it is something that of all the things he has done, the one they spent the most time on was him winning the TV title by kissing Terry Taylor.   I did enjoy the infamous coal mine photo shot where it actually explains why the miners had such a stunned looked on his face.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, hammerva said:

I don't think it was that bad but it is something that of all the things he has done, the one they spent the most time on was him winning the TV title by kissing Terry Taylor.   I did enjoy the infamous coal mine photo shot where it actually explains why the miners had such a stunned looked on his face.

Wasn't bad but also wasn't nothing I already knew.  Interesting getting a perspective on him from the NXT UK crew.  If nothing else Adrian seems to be working with NXT UK as a trainer now so nice that he is involved again in the business

On 9/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, elizium said:

Is anyone else missing The Brawl to End it All and The War to Settle the Score? I started watching Brawl before bed last night (got up to the Backlund/Butcher Vachon match), but when I got home today it wasn't in my Continue Watching queue and neither was listed anymore in Hidden Gems.

@RIPPA mentioned in another thread that those two shows have been taken down, but we don't know exactly why. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, Captain Kronos said:

@RIPPA mentioned in another thread that those two shows have been taken down, but we don't know exactly why. 

Thanks, I missed that I guess. I was going nuts, reset my connection on my Roku thinking it was a cache thing.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

PWInsider is reporting that starting next week on Wednesday, WWE will be airing WWE The Bump, a weekly 3 hour morning talk style show on the Network:

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=129931

Okay, so even if you only watch WWE religiously and scoff at anything else they already have way too much programming going on.  So what do they decide is a great idea?  MORE PROGRAMMING!  If I wanted to see a wrestling show that feels like Sportscenter in the morning I would just watch Sportscenter.  Which I do anyway while getting ready for work.

7 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Okay, so even if you only watch WWE religiously and scoff at anything else they already have way too much programming going on.  So what do they decide is a great idea?  MORE PROGRAMMING!  If I wanted to see a wrestling show that feels like Sportscenter in the morning I would just watch Sportscenter.  Which I do anyway while getting ready for work.

I get the feeling they want to do more of a ESPN Get Up type show crossed with something like the View or pretty much every basic network affiliate morning show.

7 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I get the feeling they want to do more of a ESPN Get Up type show crossed with something like the View or pretty much every basic network affiliate morning show.

Yeah, no thanks.  If it was Saturday mornings then MAYBE I would watch.  But Wednesday morning?  I think I'm good.

53 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Is the network still an actual channel in Canada and other places instead of an add on service? 

"It's Gotta Be Kane" was pretty nifty. Some great stories, and Taker's normal voice is a real mind-screw after 25 years of Dead Man promos.

Best part was the HITC match footage with Vince yammering away and Cindy yelled in from the other room, "What the fuck is he talking about now?" She thought Vince was Trump. ? ? ?

• Like 1

Out of curiosity I skimmed through that Bump show with the sound off (at work at the moment)  So it looks like they're in a tiny room where I guess they talk about random stuff.  But they did have live interview with Seth and satellite one with Charlotte.  I think the main woman is Kayla but don't know of the others.  And it thankfully was only an hour instead of the advertised three which might make it a tad more palatable.  But did anybody catch this?  If so is there anything remotely worthwhile about it?

EDIT:  Went elsewhere and found that the only thing of note was that Seth is rooting for Cole tonight and doesn't like Riddle's attitude.  And apparently he started in kayfabe about The Fiend but went off it to mock how a band member was concerned for him.  So this definitely doesn't sound like the right week to consider checking this out even if work's dead enough to have it on in the background.

Edited by NikoBaltimore