DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

So watching the newest Untold on the Triple H vs Cactus Jack 2000 matches that basically made Triple H.  Pretty good stuff.  Never thought I would get HHH view of Japanese death matches even showing a picture of an FMW match.  

The Mick Foley story of how the BANG BANG got started seems extremely BS but also totally something that I could see Foley thinking 

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So watching the newest Untold on the Triple H vs Cactus Jack 2000 matches that basically made Triple H.  Pretty good stuff.  Never thought I would get HHH view of Japanese death matches even showing a picture of an FMW match.  

The Mick Foley story of how the BANG BANG got started seems extremely BS but also totally something that I could see Foley thinking 

Is it the "I had Love Shack in my head" story?

WWE has announced the full schedule for the WWE Network's limited series on The Undertaker.

The five-part docuseries will premiere after Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Here's the full schedule for all of the episodes:

Chapter 1 -- This Sunday, May 10 immediately following Money In The Bank at approximately 10 p.m. ET
Chapter 2 -- Sunday, May 17 on demand beginning at 10 am ET
Chapter 3 -- Sunday, May 24 on demand beginning at 10 am ET
Chapter 4 -- Sunday, June 14 on demand beginning at 10 am ET
Chapter 5 -- Sunday, June 21 on demand beginning at 10 am ET

• Like 1

Any clues on what else is lined up for Untold? Really enjoyed the Triple H/cactus one.

As I’m furloughed I’ve been going through WCW PPV/Clash’s and am up to 89. It’s really weird seeing the transition from JCP to WCW, you’ve got Jim Herd announcing how they will continue to fly the flag for the NWA and respect it’s values and heritage on one show then on the next you’ve got Norman the Lunatic and Ding Dongs ?‍♂️ 

I wonder if WWE intentionally put this together as their answer to the Jordan doc (had that come out as scheduled, this would've preceded it by a few weeks) or if it's just an amazing coincidence that they both made documentaries of living legends based around unprecedented footage following that icon.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I wonder if WWE intentionally put this together as their answer to the Jordan doc (had that come out as scheduled, this would've preceded it by a few weeks) or if it's just an amazing coincidence that they both made documentaries of living legends based around unprecedented footage following that icon.

I believe Graves mentioned the Jordan documentary twice in promoting the documentary last night.  So clearly they released it because of how popular the Last Dance was.  Also like the Last Dance it was pushed because of the pandemic.  

The Undertaker documentary was great. Surreal seeing Mark Calaway out of character. While watching it, you felt the Undertaker wanted to go out in the main event of WrestleMania vs. Roman Reigns but Undertaker wasn't in good shape so he's carried on. You'll see that more in the next episode judging by the teaser at the end for it. Hell of a set of talking heads with Vince McMahon, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Mick Foley etc.

Edited by The Natural

I remember at the time most people blamed Roman Reigns for that match not being very good.  Although at the time if it wasn't sunny outside Reigns was partially blamed for it.  Now that Taker basically admitted that it was mostly his fault I wonder if people will change their tune

There were a few years where Michelle would put up videos of him looking great training for a match doing high box jumps or clean and pressing serious weight, and then at the actual show he’d be a mess. Old guy gym rat functional strength isn’t the same thing as wrestling shape. I think his biggest problem since 31 is not being physically conditioned to take bumps like he did when he worked regularly. He should have either retired or worked more often throughout the year so he wouldn’t get wrecked on his first bump during the Mania matches. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

I remember at the time most people blamed Roman Reigns for that match not being very good.  Although at the time if it wasn't sunny outside Reigns was partially blamed for it.  Now that Taker basically admitted that it was mostly his fault I wonder if people will change their tune

Did they? I mean, the biggest problem was obviously that Taker physically couldn't do things that they had planned.

I actually really like that match though. Incredible storytelling, and I think even Taker's body failing him in some ways added to that.

• Like 1

First episode of Taker doc was great, gives a good insight as why/how he was so motivated during the run with Brock run in 2015. He needed to prove himself.

Weird to see JR and Jericho on a WWE doc even if their parts were shot years ago. 

• Like 1

I’d like to see them fill out 89-92 of World Championship Wrestling until the Saturday Night name change. I don’t know if they will ever put up old Georgia Championship Wrestling but they changed the name to WCW in 82 so idk go 82 to Black Saturday that would be cool too. Fuck if I was in charge of Network content I’d put the 8 months of WWF World Championship Wrestling too. 

• Like 3

Okay I assume that when he mentioned in his hip surgery that he heard his own entrance music while the drugs kicked in was just him joking.   I mean those drugs are good but not that scary

Taker talking about his relationship with Vince was the highlight of episode  2 to me.  I don't know if I would say something like "I would take a bullet for Vince" given Vince but that is some loyalty 

Also funny that of all the funny they bring in to help Taker get ready for his match against Cena, it was Primo.  Funny how they use guys that literally do nothing in the company to work with legends.  I can't remember did Primo get released with Epico or just Epico

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Okay I assume that when he mentioned in his hip surgery that he heard his own entrance music while the drugs kicked in was just him joking.   I mean those drugs are good but not that scary

Taker talking about his relationship with Vince was the highlight of episode  2 to me.  I don't know if I would say something like "I would take a bullet for Vince" given Vince but that is some loyalty 

I thought it was telling how after Taker was talking about Vince when they show him Vince just couldn't say anything. If you forgot for a sec just how awful Vince is it was a really sweet scene. And I think I did hear his theme when they started surgery though that could have just been edited in. 

And it was cool seeing his WM 34 match. Even being in the nosebleeds I'm happy to say I saw all that live. It could have gone longer but I don't think they trusted him to go longer than he did after 33.  Can't say I blame them. 

• Like 1

He really gets a free pass for being such a massive mark for himself under the guise of "protecting his character".

Wearing his do-rag into surgery seems grossly unhygenic. People give Hogan shit for wearing one with a tux.

The BSK tattoo is something that never seems to get its due criticism for me. It's a pretend gang that he made up with his coworkers in response to another workplace gang where the concept was made obsolete maybe a year after he got it. That just seems inherently stupid to me. 

The narrative of going out on his own terms, professional pride and not at all to do with the Saudi money on offer is classic carney.