DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network Conversation

RIPPA

I've been pretty sympathetic towards Lana since she described her past in Chasing Glory.  Forget WWE she's gone through a lot of shit since she was really young.  So aside from Rusev not being there she needs a therapist for a helluva lot.  And I honestly hope she considers that.  Which is why I kind of don't like her current angle since that feeds off of real stuff that if not received well by fans can unfortunately mess her up more.  Then again this all could just be a more fucked up kind of punishment for Rusev leaving but instead of just constantly putting Lana through a table they're out to break her spirit and sanity in the process.

Anyone catch Taker''s second interview with Austin? Thought it was pretty good, especially hearing Taker's insight into the HIAC matches with Michaels and Foley. The story of Taker ready to beat Shawn's ass at WM 14 was amusing.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Anyone catch Taker''s second interview with Austin? Thought it was pretty good, especially hearing Taker's insight into the HIAC matches with Michaels and Foley. The story of Taker ready to beat Shawn's ass at WM 14 was amusing.

About to watch it now. First Broken Skull Sessions with the Undertaker was great leaving me wanting more.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

About to watch it now. First Broken Skull Sessions with the Undertaker was great leaving me wanting more.

Just finished watching Broken Skull Sessions: One More Round. Great stuff. This marked the first time WWE's ever shown their own footage of the Undertaker on fire making his Elimination Chamber 2010 entrance. I said at the time how fortunate Undertaker was and that he was wearing the hat and trench coat instead of the sleeveless cloak. I didn't know that it was a last minute change by Undertaker to that. Bloody good job. Remember Chris Jericho recounting the story and how the pyro guy was removed as 'Taker wanted to kill him.

Really enjoyed the insights into Undertaker's Hell in a Cell matches with Shawn Michaels and Mankind. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels inside Hell in a Cell at In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997 is The Undertaker's best match ever and same for Shawn Michaels. Who else wants to join me and @Brian Fowler thinking that way? The Undertaker confirmed two things this year thought true, 'Taker hates cucumbers and he was going to beat Shawn Michaels up for real at WrestleMania XIV if he didn't drop the WWF Championship to Steve Austin.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Since the Undertaker hating cucumbers (and hey, I don't want them in my Gin and Tonic, either, but otherwise I'm really dumbfounded by this) is becoming common knowledge, I bet plenty of his former WrestleMania opponents are kicking themselves for not scouting this weakness out before their opportunity the break the streak!

• Like 3

My brother in law hates cucumbers and I was as baffled by that as well.  But considering the watery vibe it has plus the smell (among other things) I can see why he wouldn't care for that.  I personally don't have a need for them but don't mind it once in awhile.  And cucumber water sounds fine but I'd rather do a lemon and lime one instead.

As for the network I finally made my way to '93 and am bent on following both what WWF and WCW do.  Between Superstars and Saturday Night along with PPVs/Clashs (and Raw when that starts) there's more than enough to go back and see how they both did '93.  I would add ECW but I previously saw Hardcore TV from '93 up to mid '95.  I will say that '92 WWF and WCW couldn't be more different.  While WWF is practically a cartoon and goes further that way WCW is still more realistic and enjoyable.  Which is great considering I didn't see nearly as much from them at this time but still knew of the main stars.

• Like 3

Watching an 86 ep of Prime Time, not long after the Hart Foundation got together. Neidhart is doing commentary with Monsoon on a match and Gorilla describes Bret as "a man who just executes with perfection." Clearly he was still workshopping that.

Would definitely recommend watching the Liv Morgan documentary added a couple days ago.  Tells a great story about what she had to deal with in the last year with the breakup of the Riott Squad to the Lana angle to the current rebuild of the Riott Squad.  Also very cool to know that LIv Morgan was so into wrestling as a kid that she was doing backyard stuff with her brothers.  I am sure she isn't the first  but refreshing to hear a story of girls getting the itch and starting her own backyard stuff.   There are thousands of Seth Rollins/CM Punk/Zack Ryder stories involving boys

With them not announcing the classic content and the fact that last months was scattered dates of PTW  I am starting to wonder if they ran out of footage that is ready to air.  I was hoping in the last 6 years they edited old Superstars/ All American Wrestling etc.  They have to have more ECW Supershows, and WCW though right?   If they decide to discontinue classic content I will be highly upset. I'l still keep them more than likely for what they do have but god what a blow it would be. 

52 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

With them not announcing the classic content and the fact that last months was scattered dates of PTW  I am starting to wonder if they ran out of footage that is ready to air.  I was hoping in the last 6 years they edited old Superstars/ All American Wrestling etc.  They have to have more ECW Supershows, and WCW though right?   If they decide to discontinue classic content I will be highly upset. I'l still keep them more than likely for what they do have but god what a blow it would be. 

They also have the watch figures. I think the deal with the Hidden Gems was that virtually no one was watching them. You probably get a ratio of 50:1 views for a Liv Morgan documentary vs an episode of PTW or something.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:00 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

Please don't even put that out in the universe! But they did stop with the Hidden Gems due to lack of general interest, so peeps like us aren't in the target demographic. I still have tons of Mid Atlantic, Mid South, World Championship Wrestling (pre Saturday Night)and even ECW to go through, but I have made my preferences pretty clear over here. You know the shows I'm always waiting to see more of!

• Like 1

On one of the random PTW episodes from  late '90, you had Koko B Ware and Battlekat vs Orient Express and Shane Douglas vs The Barbarian. I remember this one. Now, you have to understand I loved this version of Shane Douglas at the time. It was so refereshing that he was just a wrestler, no gimmicks or nicknames. He was young, fast and did cool moves. Even had a cool theme, that was just music, nothing gimmicky.

When he wrestled Barbarian and ducked under the big boot, I marked out so hard! Then he missed a high cross body from the top and fell victim to the top rope clothesline, I was crushed. Douglas never won a meaningful match during that (on any) WWF run, but during this one, I was really rooting for him.

Battlekat was mostly cool due to his high flying and martial arts. Was it originally Brady Boone under the hood? I heard he left and the gimmick was given to Bob Bradley, before it was dropped. Anyway, the young me was very bummed out that both Douglas and Kat lost on the same episode, even if Koko was the one to eat the pin in the tag match (shocking, I know!)

• Like 2

Wasn't B Brian Blair under the Battlekat hood at one point or am I just mixing up my all B wrestlers?

I'm going thru the new PTW episodes, but am still in 89. Even tho he was only there a couple months, they managed to get a couple decent TV matches with the Widowmaker, beyond the usual squashes. Decent match against the Rooster that he won and a really good time limit draw against Tito. I know everyone does a What If where he fights Hogan, but I'd have thought a team with him and Bad News Brown as a pair of asskickers (in weirdly small black trunks) would have been amazing.

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Wasn't B Brian Blair under the Battlekat hood at one point or am I just mixing up my all B wrestlers?

I'm going thru the new PTW episodes, but am still in 89. Even tho he was only there a couple months, they managed to get a couple decent TV matches with the Widowmaker, beyond the usual squashes. Decent match against the Rooster that he won and a really good time limit draw against Tito. I know everyone does a What If where he fights Hogan, but I'd have thought a team with him and Bad News Brown as a pair of asskickers (in weirdly small black trunks) would have been amazing.

Widowmaker was among the best things in the newer '89 episodes, I wish we could have gotten way more than we did!

Judging from Battlekat's moveset, I doubt it was Blair at any point I have seen. That of course doesn't mean it couldn't have been him at SOME point, however.