DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

Not sure if we are going to keep doing separate threads for NXT much longer

It will all be depended on how going live weekly will chance things

If it basically becomes Main Event Jr then fuck off

In that same interview - Triple H claims Vince will have no say over NXT and shits on reporters saying that Vince would be involved.

So yeah - that is comical

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In that same interview - Triple H claims Vince will have no say over NXT and shits on reporters saying that Vince would be involved.

So yeah - that is comical

I feel like this would have been more likely had NXT gone to Fox. On USA Vince getting involved on some level feels just a little inevitable. I'm sure HHH will try to fight things a bit, but he would still have to fold in the end like he did with Bryan years ago.

3 minutes ago, turk128 said:

I hope they bring back some of the failed call-ups.

Seriously, I want Bo back!

see, that would actually be fun. Delusional heel Bo Dallas was fun as all hell, and him being dragged out of the arena by security is one of my personal favorite NXT moments.

• Like 2

Injuries in the women's ranks is a problem that needs to be addressed sooner than later. Teagan Knox, Nia Jax, Tamina Snuka, Ruby Riott, Mickey James, Dakota Kai, Rachel Ellering, Karen Q, Kavita Devi and even Ronda Rousey are all currently on the shelf, most of them with knee injuries/ACL tears. Rhea Ripley just came back, Jazzy Gabert and Io Shirai both have recurrent neck problems that led to their signings being pushed back years, and Alexa Bliss is in the concussion snakebit danger zone. Sasha Banks hasn't even been around to blame the injuries on. The Kylie Rae thing just happened too. I know it's cynical and against the current women's wrestling movement but the writing is absolutely on the wall.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think size is that much of an issue,  a lot of these performers got called up way too quick.  People like Lacey Evans and I might get labeled as a Lacey hater but she needed another year in NXT. Injuries can happen to anyone but the greener they are...  

Agreed. They can mitigate damage to their bodies by working smart but inexperience will undercut you every time, either theirs or their opponents.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:44 AM, odessasteps said:

Of course, you are liable to get labeled as a misogynist or Luddite if you point out the likelihood of injuries taking a bump on a 100-120 lb frame with little fat vs the 225-250+ frame with more padding taking the same bump. 

I have similar thoughts with regards to the 150-200 lb wrestlers to be quite honest, especially with the bumps they take. A lot of the guys on the Brit scene do not last.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, Godfrey said:

Agreed. They can mitigate damage to their bodies by working smart but inexperience will undercut you every time, either theirs or their opponents.

While I dont disagree with that, I don't think that's the case with the current injured list. Almost all of those women have a long wrestling background- Nox, Riott, Q, Ellering, Shirai and Gabert pre-WWE, Mickie and Tamina both being 10+ year WWE veterans. Feels like those would all be in part due to accumulating wear and tear along the way. If anything, health is more likely to be with your likes of Lacey Evans or Dana Brooke, with less miles on the clock and who haven't taken some of the bigger bumps women will take on the indies (I was at one of Nox's last indie matches vs Chris Brookes where she took tack bumps, dived off a doorway and took a few hardcore shots, i remember hoping she wouldn't get injured just before going to the WWE)