DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/20/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Faby Apache def. Alisha Edwards

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 20, 2019 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Tessa Blanchard, Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, & Rhino def. oVe (Sami Callihan, Madman Fulton, Jake Crist, & Dave Crist) when Tessa made Jake submit

*Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E Bravo) def. Alisha Edwards after the Road to Valhalla. During the match, Ace Austin came out in a wheelchair.

*Mahabali Shera (w/ The Desi Hit Squad) def. Cody Deaner (w/ Cousin Jake) after a chokeslam.

*The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz) def. Arez, Toxin, & Australian Suicide.

*Havok def. Su Yung in a No DQ match after the Tombstone. After the match, Su attacked Havok and they brawled to the back.

Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) when Mack pinned Santana with the frog splash in LAX's final match with the company. Afterwards, the babyface locker room emptied out to celebrate LAX for the live crowd.

Edited by DreamBroken

Super fun opener with the 8 person tag street fight. the Fulton/Jake gorilla press cutter on Tessa was crazy. Havok/Su was good while it lasted but short, then the wild post-match angle and show ending was intriguing. Curious where that feud goes or where they end up around BFG. Taya is greatness every time, definitely looking forward to Taya/Tenille. One last LAX match turned out pretty awesome. Loved the showing of classic LAX moments throughout the night, so many memories & unique matches in a relatively short period of time. the barbed wire massacre vs oVe and the feud with the OGz was so great.

• Like 2

That Gorilla Press Cutter was Swanky as Hell! Don was great on commentary for Alisha vs. Taya with his comments on Ace. Missed hearing Tenille's interview and Melissa's party because my buddy still calls me during the show this time wanting to make fantasy football trades. 

• Like 1

I figured out the punchline to Cage saying they'd be 'cheating' at his bachelor party, but it was still funny. And sad, that Melissa had loads of girls at her party (including some not on the roster I think) whilst Cage just had Dreamer and Swann.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Ah the random Pluto TV reviews its been too long

The first match is OVE vs ECW & Tessa Blanchard. Difference a year makes Tessa and The Crists are now gone from Impact. Tommy RVD and Rhino are still with the promotion. Match isn't much of a traditional tag match as if you're not in the ring you're brawling around ringside but its a fan fight of a match. Tommy dove off the top rope which was both cool and terrifying. Tons of doves from everyone onto everyone in this one. I don't known if its because we are in Mexico or what.  Sami and Tessa had a very good feud last year the crowd went nuts when Tessa and Sami were in the ring together.Tessa matching up against Fulton was fun, Tessa looked very credible in their with the guys. Match got an ECW chant in Mexico, it's pretty fascinating that an East Coast Indie that was around for only 9 years would have such a far reaching and lasting influence.

I think it's pretty classy that LAX's last night in the Company is almost like a tribute to the team. From that great opening to the highlights shown throughout the night it's a pretty cool send off for the guys as they leave for greener pastures in AEW.

The North have on birthday cone hats on because they are celebrating LAX's departure from Impact. Thats being. a true heel. Ethan Page is a national treasure.

Alisha Edwards vs  Taya Valkyrie, this was none title i believe as Taya was in the midst of her year long Knockouts title reign at this time. Ace Austin in the wheelchair had me cracking up first Treys mom now Eddies wife this dude is a sleaze bag especially when he hit the move on Jon E but Alisha didn't see so he sat back in the wheelchair. Match was fine, short competitive squash Taya picked up the win. If anything this was just to further the Ace-Eddie-Alisha love triangle angle.

RVD looked really stoned in that backstage vignette with the North.

Now we got Shera with the Desi Hit Squad vs Cody Deaner with Cousin Jake. I never thought Cody Deaner would come back to Impact and have another run but here he is. This is mostly Shera as he had just redebuted and it seems they were trying to push him as a monster heel IDK Cody puts up a fight even dives through the ropes onto the rest of Desi on the outside. Match isnt too long Shera did look impressive he had a power base offense he won with a power slam it kind of reminded me of those competitive squashes from early 90's wwf that ive see on Monsoon Classics Youtube page.

They show a clip of the LAX vs OGs street fight mini movie from the summer of 18 that was really good. Santana and Ortiz had a pretty badass run in Impact.

We got ourselves a trios which this is Mexico City so you gotta have a trios match. I like the name Australian Suicide that's on early aughts indie name if i have ever heard. This was alot of fun, spotfest but i grew up on WCW Cruisers and the TNA X Division so I enjoy watching a spotfest. I've never seen The AAA guys before but i was entertained, The Rascalz can really go they were fun as hell to watch. Really fun match. 

Moose is walking down the streets of Mexico City at night wearing sunglasses screaming about Ken Shamrock, he beats 3 guys on the street up one was really old but he claims to be the worlds most dangerous man. I liked that vignette.

Tenille Dashwood has the debuting star sitdown interview discussing who she would like to wrestle, suprise she's eyeing Taya's Knockout title and they have a history they trained together.  

The No DQ match, Havok vs Su Yung; Havok walked out with a staple gun so you knew what to expect. They fought in this match, must've been a grudge match. I liked Yung's middle rope assisted pedigree i also like how unpolished it looked cuz with the size differential thats how the move would look like in a street fight.. Havok was a champ taking those staple gun shots over her body. Not every day your fiery babyface is an undead bride but here we are. Havok hits the Tombstone and wins I do like a protected finish, then after the match Yung and Havok continue to fight. This was a fun hardcore match Su was bleeding out the mouth, Havok took a chair to the face. When the fight to the back and the camera changed I reslly dug that I like that backstage and the rarena look different, the Larry Sanders technique. Havok hung Su Yung off of a railing as dramatic music played that was nuts.

Brian Cage and Melissa Del Santos are getting married and we get footage from their bachelor/bachelorette parties, Joey Ryan is a stripper which doesn't age well with what we know about him now but hey this was a year ago. The bachelor party, Cage has a cheat day and eats a lot of donuts as Tommy Dreameer looks impressed and Rich Swann looks grossed out. Humor i guess.

Barbed Wire MaSSACRE 3 IS now shown, Pop wouldn't air this saying it was too violent so they showed it on twitch and got 25,000 viewers or something for it, I'm one of the people who watched it on Twitch.

The Swingman gets these really cool vhs tape coming soon video package, this is the beginning of the better returns in some time.

Ken Shamrock had a bareknuckle PPV? They run a commercial for it.

Main event time it's Willie Mack and Rich Swannvs LAX. This is the farewell to Santana and Ortiz and I'm anticipating a really good match. It was a really good match. It was one of those wrestling for the sport matches, it starts off slow, it was given tons of time and it builds up, and when it gets cooking it gets cooking. There's some really good tag wrestling here, tandem moves, counters, pin breaks these are two teams having a tag team match. Mack and Swann start to edge the advantage and get the win after a Phoenix Splash and A Frog Splash. Really good match, I don't think Santana and Ortiz could have had a better send off in Impact they had an entire episode dedicated to them, had one hell of a final match then the babyface locker room enters the ring to say goodbye. For a company who has a reputation for not taking the high road in situations lie this i'm happy they took the high road.

So Yung we hardly knew ye, or did we?

I agree with @Dewar this was a really good episode of Impact.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, Web Conn said:

Main event time it's Willie Mack and Rich Swannvs LAX. This is the farewell to Santana and Ortiz and I'm anticipating a really good match. It was a really good match. It was one of those wrestling for the sport matches, it starts off slow, it was given tons of time and it builds up, and when it gets cooking it gets cooking. There's some really good tag wrestling here, tandem moves, counters, pin breaks these are two teams having a tag team match. Mack and Swann start to edge the advantage and get the win after a Phoenix Splash and A Frog Splash. Really good match, I don't think Santana and Ortiz could have had a better send off in Impact they had an entire episode dedicated to them, had one hell of a final match then the babyface locker room enters the ring to say goodbye. For a company who has a reputation for not taking the high road in situations lie this i'm happy they took the high road.

This was a great send off and you're right, Impact doesn't often get a chance to say goodbye on good terms so it was nice to see. Santana and Ortiz really made their bones in Impact, would they be considered home grown talent for them? We never hear of them being an Impact product but Wikipedia says that was where they first got started.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

They debuted in Impact in 2017, but they debuted in Wrestling (as a Tag Team) in 2012. Ortiz started as a singles in 2009, and Santana in 2011.