DVDVR Message Board

NXT - AUGUST 2019

RIPPA

Fandango had his first match back last night on the Coconut Loop as Breezango worked the Outliers

Full show was

Dio Maddin/Isaiah Scott defeated Shane Thorne/Elliot Sexton
Rhea Ripley defeated Lacey Lane
Damian Priest defeated Cal Bloom
Breezango defeated The Outliers
Cameron Grimes defeated Mansoor
Drew Gulak versus KUSHIDA went to a draw. Gulak retains the cruiserweight championship.
Io Shirai defeated Xia Li
MAIN EVENT: Pete Dunne defeated Roderick Strong

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Outliers? 

Dan Matha and Riddick Moss managed by Robert Strauss

(Almost all of them have new names but I can't remember them)

• Like 1

Stupid passage of time made me forget we're in a completely different month. I completely blame @RIPPA

Anyway... here's part of the reason they keep getting stalkers at the PC:

Robert Stone = Robbie E

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Stupid passage of time made me forget we're in a completely different month. I completely blame @RIPPA

This is what happens when I take time off

Seems like they're trying to shed the goofiness of each gimmick - and if that's the case, the absolute first step is getting these two new music and gear. Tyler looks ridiculous doing his gimmick with short hair and a beard. Also fire and deport whoever thinks "Breezango" or literally any such portmanteau tag team name is a good idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Seems like they're trying to shed the goofiness of each gimmick - and if that's the case, the absolute first step is getting these two new music and gear. Tyler looks ridiculous doing his gimmick with short hair and a beard. Also fire and deport whoever thinks "Breezango" or literally any such portmanteau tag team name is a good idea.

At least it wasn't TEAM BREEZANGO lol

• Like 1

Announced for TV next week - thus what will be taped pre-Takeover

- Breakout Tournament Finals: Jordan Myles (ACH) vs. Cameron Grimes (Trevor Lee)

- Breezango vs. Forgotten Sons

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well that sucks for Grimes and Myles.  I'm assuming that's being done to get Dain/Riddle on the main show. 

No - Io/Candice is what took the Breakout Finals spot (that's from the new WON)

Dain/Riddle will probably be in the next tapings

• Thanks 1

While not announced, the NXT on FS 1 is tentatively set for 8-10 p.m. on Wednesday nights. For obvious reasons, that was the time slot expected but this was the first info we were given listing a time slot. Of course it wasn’t going to be finalized until TNT announced the time slot. Not sure when this starts or how Big East basketball on FS 1 affects this, or what this means for NXT on WWE Network, or what the start date will be. It’s not official until the announcement is made but this has been expected and as noted a few weeks ago, it’s far enough along that FOX told some affiliates already. The working idea is for a live two hour show with the feeling that a taped show will not work to head-off AEW. Where WWE feels they have the edge is they have an endless supply of main roster talent they can shuffle in whenever they want them. Whether this goes from Full Sail, which may get tough with shows weekly to keep crowd enthusiasm up int the same venue (although they’ll be using more main roster guys and the Full Sail crowd pops big for those every time out) or they tape it and tour with it is unknown. But we were told this was largely agreed to in late June. or early July. One would think WWE and FOX will heavily promote this on Smackdown each week and possibly on Raw, and FS 1 will see that they are in a war with TNT on Wednesdays which means FOX will be out there promoting it. The other psychology over who gets off stronger and how WWE reacts if they lose early or AEW reacts if they lose early will be very interesting. TNT is in more homes, is a much higher rated station, but WWE is the name brand to the masses and NXT would be promoted on the two most-watched shows