DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

20 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

I'm already planning on going to the wrestling shop. The problem is how i'm gonna fit everything back in my luggage. 

I recently heard of some people checking in an empty suitcase for all their goodies.  Granted it was for beer and not flying to Japan but they seemed pretty happy with doing that.  But given how airlines can be with luggage fees I personally wouldn't do it.  But as a potential backup while I'm sure there's a hefty shipping price they do have an online store https://www.toudoukan.com/@en/shop/category/$/ct1/020/

And since the site allows shipping to the US I think I'm going to need to figure out where I'm going to put all this.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
My poor wallet's gonna take a hit.

Just “came up” with a gimmick idea that has probably been used and should be used. The Interrogators. Masked men who were fired from an unspecified police department or law enforcement entity for violating the law in how they got confessions.

In other words, I may have just given the Recon/Sniper Truth Commission team the name originally used by Kurrgan.

Although I suspect that “law enforcement officers that torture suspects” might be a little bit too on the nose. Maybe “health insurance industry person” is a little less spicy.

27 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Tazmission would make for a good finisher that could be used to secure a false confession

but Tazz would probably hate that.

Ironically this was a whole thing this week

Dominik Dijakovic (half jokingly) tweeted Tazz asking if he could use the Tazmission and Taz (because apparently every ex ECW guy is bitter except Sandman of all people) was like YES I DO MIND AND TWITTER IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE PLACE TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION!!! So of course he was mocked.

That lasted like a day until Taz tweeted that he and Dijakovic had talked and Dijakovic "has permission" to use it

Yeah.  "If you're not down with that I've got two words for you"

Seriously though, the world would be a better place if everyone was as chill as XPac.  Nothing would ever get done probably but nobody would be mad.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

yeah, X-Pac has probably been through enough that he figures it would be ridiculous to try and claim ownership of the X-Factor.

Although the X-Factor does look more legit than moves like the Double Stomp, which look like they should always hurt the person doing the move more than the recipient.

20 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Although the X-Factor does look more legit than moves like the Double Stomp, which look like they should always hurt the person doing the move more than the recipient.

I'm not sure I follow here. If I jump directly on to someone with both feet, that is going to hurt me more than it does them?

Is my opponent wearing a full suit of armor?

• Haha 4

maybe the double stomp looks better if the guy doing it is heavier than Finn Balor... but it looks like something where there's a risk that the landing messes up your ankle and it's done in a universe where there's less guys who seem like they'd be done in by a guy stomping them really hard in the stomach.  I can get why, for multiple safety reasons, you can't do that stomp higher than the stomach, like how a bunch of other top rope moves either land on the chest or look like they land on the chest.

• Like 1

I can see that angle, for sure. As much as I dislike LowKi, the deal he does on the double stomp with his knees tucked into his chest while at the peak of his jump always adds to my enjoyment of his doublestomp. Granted, he's probably just doing it so he can blast full force on to someone, and hence we have come full circle as to why I can't enjoy his shit.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

yeah, X-Pac has probably been through enough that he figures it would be ridiculous to try and claim ownership of the X-Factor.

Please post a video of you taking a double stomp. I’d take an x-factor all day. You need to factor in the margin of error, and possibly taking both feet directly in the dick. 

Speaking of non-hurty moves; is there anything less hurty-looking than the sling blade? What makes it worse is a bunch of top guys use it. 

Edited by Mr Harms

I can probably buy into Low-Ki doing a bunch of moves, even a few that are a little difficult to buy into, because Low-Ki looks like he'd murder you for criticizing him. Not sure how many guys could do a "one hit knockout" finish like Ki in MLW and have it come off that well.

Buried at the bottom of the Observer was news that Ayako Hamada has returned to wrestling. She did a show for Konnan's side-promotion in Mexico.

Edited by Ace
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

maybe the double stomp looks better if the guy doing it is heavier than Finn Balor... but it looks like something where there's a risk that the landing messes up your ankle and it's done in a universe where there's less guys who seem like they'd be done in by a guy stomping them really hard in the stomach.  I can get why, for multiple safety reasons, you can't do that stomp higher than the stomach, like how a bunch of other top rope moves either land on the chest or look like they land on the chest.

You were saying?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ironically this was a whole thing this week

Dominik Dijakovic (half jokingly) tweeted Tazz asking if he could use the Tazmission and Taz (because apparently every ex ECW guy is bitter except Sandman of all people) was like YES I DO MIND AND TWITTER IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE PLACE TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION!!! So of course he was mocked.

That lasted like a day until Taz tweeted that he and Dijakovic had talked and Dijakovic "has permission" to use it

He should have private messaged Taz and said "Can I film a series of vignettes where I come to your Dojo and beg you to teach me the Tazmission, and you repeatedly refuse until I earn your respect". Considering the original angle for Taz using that as his finish is because Lou Thesz told him to, actually giving someone the rub is a lot more fitting.

• Like 1