DVDVR Message Board

The Boys

It was interesting to read that the last scene of Homelander bare-ass, jerking off over NYC was originally shot for season 1 as part of the second episode, but Amazon nixed it at the time.  As a joke, Kripke inserted it into the season 2 finale when Amazon suggested a “stronger” ending for Homelander, and they loved it this time around.

I definitely think it worked better for where Homelander is at now compared to if they had done it early on.  In season 1, it’s just an edgy laugh.  LOL A superhero jerking off on the city!  But now, after suffering a pretty resounding defeat, it seems like way more of a pathetic act by someone feeling impotent and trying to get the old feeing back.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I think what bugged me the most about Season 2 is the Billy Joel content.

The first ep kicks off with "Pressure" and I actually found myself liking the song.  I hate Billy Joel.  HATE.  But I had to resist the urge to rewind that scene so I could listen to the song again, and it's been in my head ever since.

If I were questioning my sexuality at my age, I think I'd have less of a problem with that than the idea of liking a Billy Joel song.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Oh lord we heard like 3 Billy Joel songs in a restaurant and I wanted to put the steak knife in my ear.  I want to say Piano Man is the worst ("look at all these fucking losers!  The only bright spot in their worthless lives is MEEEE!") but We Didn't Start the Fire is pretty goddamn horrible, and 50s style  boomer nostalgia shit like Uptown Girl and For the Longest Time are likewise awful.  Really,the guy's whole catalogue is unoriginal, cheesy, overly commercial garbage.

Bringing it back on topic, can't wait for Season 3!

Edited by Technico Support

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, Technico Support said:

Oh lord we heard like 3 Billy Joel songs in a restaurant and I wanted to put the steak knife in my ear.  I want to say Piano Man is the worst ("look at all these fucking losers!  The only bright spot in their worthless lives is MEEEE!") but We Didn't Start the Fire is pretty goddamn horrible, and 50s style  boomer nostalgia shit like Uptown Girl and For the Longest Time are likewise awful.  Really,the guy's whole catalogue is unoriginal, cheesy, overly commercial garbage.

I mean, I really like "We Didn't Start the Fire.  I don't think "For the Longest Time" is horrible either.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Man this show is gloriously fucked up.

I am kinda disappointed they're not doing Noir as a clone of Homelander from the comics, but, it's still awesome.

Another fucked up episode. Thought the ex would last a bit longer or more to the point we would see the demise.

13 hours ago, Raziel said:

I am kinda disappointed they're not doing Noir as a clone of Homelander from the comics, but, it's still awesome.

So how far off the reservation are they from the comics now? I was kind of looking forward to that reveal since it sounded interesting when read about it years back.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Raziel said:

Man this show is gloriously fucked up.

I'm all caught up now and I was coming here to say the same thing. I still want to believe that the Black Noir we see now is still a clone of Homelander because the guy that was Black Noir then was massively, massively fucked up.

• Like 1