DVDVR Message Board

Film score music of the day

Guest The Magnificent 7

3 hours ago, RonL21 said:

Surprised no one posted this yet

Probably because the opening creds of T2 still hit a little too close to home for us Cold War Kids. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Probably because the opening creds of T2 still hit a little too close to home for us Cold War Kids. 

Terminator 2: Judgement Day has my favourite version of that main theme. I'm also in the camp preferring T2: Judgement Day to The Terminator.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Bah, just saw the post about Anvil of Crom and remembered how Jerry Goldsmith "borrowed" a bit of the the brass and kettle drum intro when he composed The Dream for the opening credits of Total Recall.

Goldsmith and Poledouris were extremely good friends, so Poledouris had no issue with lending Goldsmith a bit of musical license since they both had a good laugh out of having thematically similar pieces for the opening credits of two of Ahnold's most iconic films.

Edited by J.T.

Guest The Magnificent 7
16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just remembered another soundtrack I have wax of: Colors. Herbie Hancock did a good job, and there are a lot of great original songs on it from multiple genres, but the Hancock stuff is nowhere to be found. So, here's Phantasm

Masters was the first film my dad ever took me to at the age of five. Of course he didn't know about the whole "parents dying in a plane crash" plotline haha

Entombed deserve an extra award for recreating the theme instead of sampling it along with integrating it into the end of the song

Hell, Entombed deserve an award for being Entombed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Alan Silvestri, Judge Dredd (1995) Main Theme. One of the only good things from that film along with the costumes and look of Mega-City One.

She's A Pass -  Dredd OST

The end credit track from the She's A Pass scene in Dredd is a remix of the OST track, Megacity One.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

She's A Pass -  Dredd OST

The end credit track from the She's A Pass scene in Dredd is a remix of the OST track, Megacity One.

Cheers for these. A shame Dredd (2012) didn't get the sequel treatment. I went to see Dredd at the cinema and its one of the best 3D films with Gravity (2013), Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) and Doctor Strange (2016). I bought Dredd first week it was out on DVD.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Siegfried’s Funeral March used in Excalibur - Richard Wagner

Most people understandably think of the O Fortuna scene, but it’s this that is used to perfection in the movie. Epic. 

I will avoid posting any Goblin tracks to see if Mag7 picks my favorite track on his own without looking at my spoiler..

Spoiler

Main Theme from Profundo Rosso / Deep Red is Number One And The Best!