DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Streaming Service Discussion

Niners Fan in CT

5 hours ago, driver said:

So is this one distinct from Kevin Smith's MOTU?

Yes. It's a brand-new reboot, totally from scratch. Think of it similar to the 2012 TMNT animated series. It's also totally its own thing instead of like a vague continuation of past versions, ie say the 2007 animated TMNT movie or Superman Returns.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:50 PM, driver said:

I'll have to check it out. Never seen anything TMNT related, other than knowing they're heroes on the half shell and that Vanilla Ice was the star of the second movie.

The first movie is great in a cheesy way.  So many hilarious one-liners.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

So how are shows for Peacock and Apple tv? I never really hear anything about them except for Ted Lasso.

Peacock - The Saved By The Bell reboot and Rutherford Falls were both good and Girls 5 Eva was great. None of the dramas on Peacock seem interesting to me.

Apple TV+ - Mythic Quest is really good, the first season of The Morning Show was good(second season just started), For All Mankind is a great concept but ended up not being a good show and the end of the second season was DUMB!!!!!!, Physical has been on my list but haven't started yet. Like Peacock the rest of the Apple TV+ shows don't interest me enough to start watching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Did John Stewart start his show yet on Apple TV+?  His show would be the only thing I'd be interested in on there assuming it's still good.

Thursday.

The podcast to go along with it looks like it will be on Mondays.

• Thanks 1

Also, I just watched the trailer for the Invasion series on my phone (it's blocked on my work computer). That looks dope and right up my alley. Starts 10/22 on Apple Plus. And I still need to start watching Foundation.

The Walking Dead? That's on Disney Plus over here. Although why you'd bother watching it, I don't know. It's baaaaaaad.

Is this where we discuss John Stewart's show?

Some of my favorite stuff from his run on the Daily Show was when he'd cover something serious or have a serious talk about something that would break up the humor. This was more having a little bit of humor break up all of the serious stuff. I think what he covered was incredibly important, but by the end of it, I just felt really fucking sad and helpless.

One of my wife's best friends is an army vet and she suffers from exposure to burn pits. Thankfully, nothing like cancer, and hopefully never, but she has other problems that are fairly serious. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:34 AM, Mister TV said:

Peacock - The Saved By The Bell reboot and Rutherford Falls were both good and Girls 5 Eva was great. None of the dramas on Peacock seem interesting to me.

Apple TV+ - Mythic Quest is really good, the first season of The Morning Show was good(second season just started), For All Mankind is a great concept but ended up not being a good show and the end of the second season was DUMB!!!!!!, Physical has been on my list but haven't started yet. Like Peacock the rest of the Apple TV+ shows don't interest me enough to start watching.

I’ll second the love for Rutherford Falls and Mythic Quest. The former is produced (but not showrun, iirc) by Mike Schur of Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, and The Good Place. It’s not at the level of those shows, but none of those shows, save the last, we’re great in their first seasons either.  It’s a pretty short first season, as I think I binged it in just a few nights.