DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 07/03/19 (SPOILER FREE!)

Dolfan in NYC

Full night from Orlando. Here's what's going on:

Aliyah vs. Mia Yim

Tyler Breeze vs Roderick Strong

Cameron Grimes (fka Trevor Lee) vs. Isaiah "Swerve" Scott (fka Shane Strickland) in a first-round NXT Breakout Tournament Match

KUSHIDA and Bianca Bel Air both in action. 

Aliyah/Mia was solid.

Grimes/Scott took a bit to grab my interest, but i was impressed with both by the end. Neither though came across as an obvious star like Garza did.

Bianca's squash was awesome.

Kushida's squash was ok but forgettable.

Breeze/Strong was solid.

Dug Cole's video.

6 hours ago, quackhell said:

Did Diamante owe Bianca money? Yeesh.

Grimes/Scott was good. I really hope Grimes can get the opportunity to eventually do his laconic asshole promos in NXT as I think that is one of his biggest strengths.

I didn't realize that was Diamante until you mentioned her.  There's been so many people coming into NXT/PC that it's hard to keep track of them at times.  Especially when they're all given new names.

Aaliyah and Vanessa Borne are a really great duo of hatable jobbers. The reason why I went from liking wrestling as a kid to loving it as a defining part of my life is because of rich snot characters. Aaliyah and The Vision are really good at jerk promos and then getting the crap beat out of them.

I am on the opposite end of Mia Yim. She is super corny. I do not get her character beyond “ethnically diverse Wu-Tang fan.” And while I have an ethnically diverse family and list 36 Chambers as a Top 10 album of mine, I still think she is cheesy. “Is this where Shayna sends her messages?” Ugh.

That EST match was awesome and straight up WCW squash with Vader breaking someone’s ribs. I hope Bianca bought her dinner after. I really think EST is going to be an absolute gigantic star in about one year. 

The BayBay Celebratory Tour is glorious. Great douche jerk stuff. 

I am not so into this tournament. Great way to introduce new characters (and I am all in on them getting NXT names). But the intro promos are all the same so far. I did like Nigel saying Cameron is an opportunist. I hope we see some more personality develop as the tournament progresses.

Strong/Breeze was a great professional wrestling match. Serious sleeper match and perfect for what they wanted to do — Breeze is great and trying to find himself in the evolved NXT. Roddy is pitting it together while the Era marches on.

• Like 2

Bianca's squash was something. It's like the perfect squash to establish her as a threat on the main roster. I seriously cannot wait to see her smash the living hell out of Charlotte or Becky. 

I love 90's era slimeball Adam Cole. My partner who isn't really into wrestling absolutely loves how big a fucking unapologetic douchebag he is. It's great. 

• Like 1

Mia has been working these young girls through some of their best televised performances. You could see some growth in Bianca during their series of matches and now here for the first time I can recall Aliyah looked really comfortable. Even better is now Mia has that momentum to go along with being such a reliable performer. I too could do without her trying so hard with her current character though.

Bianca hit the reset and came back really mean. I'm not disappointed that she isnt as physical as that normally. It's a shame Diamante sat most of her run in Impact out with an injury. Her getting tossed around like a bag of bones will be my favorite memory of her. Tough chick. 

• Like 1