DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

Madrid and Arsenal confirm the loan signing of Dani Ceballos. Fantastic pick up for Arsenal. Dani's progression has been halted due to a lack of minutes at Madrid, but he's a fantastic player that will fit in like a glove under Emery.

Guest Edwin
On 7/24/2019 at 8:25 AM, odessasteps said:

? 

One of the worst games I've ever seen. Atleti looked terrible. Aganist Numancia they looked fantastic. Both were friendlies, so they don't really mean much, but I feel for the folks in Spain who stayed up until 5:00 AM to watch that.

Guest Edwin

Still can't get over this.

They never pulled off Baggio, Totti or Buffon, but they managed to pull this one off.

Guest Edwin

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

MY WIFE JUST DIEGO FORLAN TO SIGN ONE OF MY JERSEYS AND SHE RECORDED A VIDEO OF HIM SAYING HELLO TO ME!

Guest Edwin

Yes, I know it's a meaningless little clip, but not everyday does your wife send you a "Hello" video from your favorite football player ever.

Also, a photo of the signed jersey:

Guest Edwin

Went to the Men In Blazers MLS All Star Extravaganza and it sucked big time. They are fun in a short edited 20 minute TV show, but they are boring in a live setting longer than that.

They started 20 the show 20 or so minutes late. They interviewed Grant Hill, Diego Forlán, Nani and some ladies from the women's national team. The Grant Hill interview was long and got boring midway through. The Forlán interview was entertaining for what it was, but it was mostly focused on his time at United and was mostly one of the MIB guys trying to say scoring a goal was orgasmic which got stale fast. The Nani interview was tough to sit through and was mostly centered around "Will CR7 come to MLS?" The women's national team interview was mostly endless praise from MIB and them trying to put themselves over as pioneers and pretty much the same old thing from the past month.

They said it was sold out, but there's a lot of empty seats at the venue. I got to meet Forlán outside the venue and he was a super nice guy. Aside from that, it was pretty underwhelming.

I'm heading to the Skills Challenge today which I hope delivers and I hope I can get Koke to sign my jersey at least.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin

De Laurentiis is still paying Sarri clearly and to infiltrate Juve and hurt it from the inside if he thinks that swap is a good deal.

Guest Edwin

These past 48 hours just got better... I went to the MLS All Star Skills Challenge. Mike Rome from WWE was there. When the players walked out, I couldn't get a signature or photo with any of them as they walked straight to the pitch. I spoke with an Atleti rep. about getting my jersey signed and he said after the challenge they would sign the shirt for me.

During the penalty shootout of the Skills Challenge, I was sitting standing on the bench behind goal. The Atleti social media lady saw me and my wife with Atleti shirts and I had my big Atleti flag in hand and she recorded a video of me with it and posted it on Atleti's Instagram story which is awesome.

After the Skills Challenge, I was frustrated because Koke walked past us and everyone was all over the players and I couldn't get my jersey signed or get a photo with any of the players, however my wife had my jersey in her hand and the Atleti rep. from before saw us and he grabbed the jersey from my wife and he personally took it to Koke, Héctor Herrera and João Félix and they all signed the jersey for us.

Incredible experience. The ultimate fan experience for me.

I'll take a photo of the updated signed jersey and will post it on here later.

Edited by Edwin

Julie Ellis has resigned as USWNT Head Coach

And FIFA has announced the Women's World Cup will expand to 32 teams starting in 2023. Host nation will be chosen in May

Guest Edwin

Just got home from the MLS All Star game. I swear, these have 72 of the bizarrest/greatest/best hours of my life. I sat 4 rows behind the Atleti bench, so I was close to the players all game. Simeone is a spectacle himself. 2 minutes in and he was always kicking grass and swearing out Ángel Correa. All of the new signings are incredible. I particularly love João Félix, Hermoso, Llorente and Trippier. I remember Spurs fans saying how bad Trippier was last season, but he has been incredible in the preseason.

Llorente got the MVP. After the game, he was the only one to stick around to sign autographs and again an Atleti rep. saw my jersey and took it to Llorente to sign. So my jersey got signed by Diego Forlán, Koke, Héctor Herrera, João Félix and Marcos Llorente. I'm going to print some of the photos I got and am going to frame it over the weekend. Amazing collectable.

As I posted in the July Wrestling Talk Thread -- after the game, my wife and I are walking through Downtown Orlando and we randomly come across Marcel Barthel and Raúl Mendoza from NXT on the sidewalk of a bar and Barthel randomly stops me to talk about Atleti and Griezmann. I was baffled the entire situation as I've never met him at an NXT event, so that was pretty bizarre.

So TL;DR MLS All Star week recap for me: Monday my wife gets one of my jerseys signed by Diego Forlán and she records a "Hello Edwin!" video from him and later in the afternoon we go to the Men In Blazers show and I get to meet Forlán myself in person and I get to take a photo with him. Tuesday I went to the Skills Challenge and got my jersey signed by Koke, Héctor Herrera and João Félix. Wednesday I went to the All Star game and I got my jersey signed Marcos Llorente and Marcel Barthel and Raúl Mendoza randomly stop me in Downtown Orlando to talk about football.