DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Guest The Magnificent 7

This Arsenal drama with Koscielny is interesting as usually it’s not the club captain who hits the destruct button like this. 

Guest Edwin
On 7/10/2019 at 11:35 PM, sabremike said:

Watched this and was legit laughing the entire time.

What's even crazier was the OC CEO Alex Leitão was a part of that entire deal.

2 weeks to go and the MLS All Star game takes place. Yeah, not an exciting game particularly overall, but I finally get to see Atleti live. I'm already taking the day before off to head over to the Exploria Stadium for their opening training and after that heading to the Skills Challenge which will feature Koke and two other unannounced Atleti players and an OC team led by Nani and a MLS team led by Wayne Rooney.

Also plan on attending the eMLS tournament during the weekend and may even participate if I can register for it.

The Men In Blazers live taping is sold out, but if I can second hand tickets to it, I will as I'd love to get a chance to watch that live.

On 7/12/2019 at 6:44 AM, AxB said:

Peter Crouch retires age 38.

One of the best bad athletes of all time.

Looks kind of like a bad children's drawing. Clearly never lifted a weight in his entire life. Honestly kind of slow too. About a million premier league games. Got 100 goals plus.

Great character.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 4:06 AM, Death From Above said:

One of the best bad athletes of all time.

Looks kind of like a bad children's drawing. Clearly never lifted a weight in his entire life. Honestly kind of slow too. About a million premier league games. Got 100 goals plus.

Great character.

• Thanks 1

Guest Edwin

More Atleti signings:

Trippier was signed as Juanfran's replacement at RB and Hermoso was signed as Godín's replacement at CB.

I haven't seen much of Trippier outside of the World Cup as I don't follow English football, but Spurs fans keep telling me he had a bad season, but I'm not too worried about him as Simeone is one of the best managers in the world who can work wonders with most players. He cost 22 M€ which seems like a decent bargain for a player now.

Hermoso is the signing Atleti have made that has my hyped the most. He's a Real Madrid youth product and an incredible player. He has the defensive traits and passing abilities of prime Bonucci, however his crossing is much better and he can score free kicks which is a rare trait for a CB. He cost 25 M€ which is a great deal for such a great signing.

Rumors are James or Christian Eriksen will be the next and final signing for the summer window.

Great transfer window for the club. Sold a bunch of players for a total of 279 M€ and brought 8 players for 245 M€.

Atleti also purchased the remaining 10% San Lorenzo had for Ángelito Correa and there is strong links with him to Milan for 55 M€. I love Correa despite of what happened in Turin in the CL, but if anyone is willing to splash that much cash on him, then they should let him go. 

Those 55 M€ are most likely the finances that will be used to complete the James or Eriksen signing I mentioned previously.

A lot of clubs in Spain have been making moves in the transfer window, so the upcoming season is going to be a really fun one.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin

Got tickets to the MLS All Star game. I'll be sitting 5 rows behind Atleti's bench. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Also got tickets to the MLS Skills Challenge which will feature Koke, Joao Felix and Hector Herrera vs. Nani, Chris Mueller and Sebas Mendez vs. Wayne Rooney, Carlos Vela and Jonathan dos Santos.

Plus I signed up for the eMLS FIFA 19 tournament. I'm sure I won't win it, but I got nothing to lose. Plus Diego Forlán will be there.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin
6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Someone said the other day that La Liga teams have spent more this off-season than Premier league teams. 

At least the top 5 clubs have. Roles changed this season.

Guest Edwin

Zizou harsh words towards Bale confirming is leaving soon. There's been links with him moving back to England and signing with United, but those rumors have died down and he's been linked with moves to China recently. The rumor is two Chinese clubs are interested and are willing to pay his 17 M€ a season salary, but aren't able to pay Madrid the requested transfer fee.

Filipe Luís is leaving Atleti again, this time he is rumored of returning to Brazil to play for Flamengo. The club produced a great video in which he apologized for having left the wrong way the first time around for Chelsea. Fantastic video and a great send off to a modern club legend and one of the best LBs in club history.

One of the most baffling football transfers of all time is expected to be completed on Thursday. Daniele De Rossi to Boca Juniors.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin

Massive signing for Betis. Fekir used to be linked with a lot of top European clubs, but Betis ended up signing him from Lyon for 25 M€ which is a great deal. They plan on making him their marquee player.

Milan are close to getting Ángel Correa from Atleti for 50 M€ which makes the Fekir deal sound even better. Atleti will use those 50 M€ to sign James. Yannick Carrasco who used to play for Atleti before being sold to China has also told the club he wants to return to the club. Not sure Simeone is interested as he had a bad re;p. when he was at the club. However, if they can sign him for cheap, then they should as he would be an excellent sub. player for Lemar.

Has a club gone through as many changes as Atletico ever had a strong season the following year? Seems like an awful lot of talent but too much change at once. I get that a lot of it wasn't their choice but man... 

Guest Edwin

Arsenal is close to landing Dani Ceballos on loan from Madrid.

Great pick up for Arsenal. Talented young player who's been held back since leaving Betis due to lack of minutes at Madrid.

He's looked fantastic with the Sub21 squad recently though.

Guest Edwin
5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Has a club gone through as many changes as Atletico ever had a strong season the following year? Seems like an awful lot of talent but too much change at once. I get that a lot of it wasn't their choice but man... 

Atleti is constantly going through changes and constantly at the top of the league table and constantly making solid runs in the CL.

However, they rebuilt the entire squad for this season. Simeone is a genius though. If there's a guy who can build a solid squad in a season, it's him.

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Hasn't Monchi signed a crap ton of players this off-season for Sevilla? 

Yes, more than Atleti. Sevilla have signed about a dozen players.

One of our Atleti products signed with them -- Óliver Torres and they also got Luuk de Jong who used to play for PSV and Reguilón who is a Madrid youth player that played some games with the main team last season.

Valencia also made a big move by signing Maxi Gómez who was one of the best strikers in the league last season from Celta.

This is going to be a really exciting season. Curious to see how everyone does with all these transfers.