DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 06/19/19 (SPOILER FREE!)

Dolfan in NYC

Raul Mendoza vs Damien Priest (Punishment Martinez"s new name) 

Xia LI vs Taynara Conti

Adam Cole's big title win celebration

And Commissioner Regal has a big announcement! 

Haven't seen the main event yet but really liked the episode so far.  Damien's entrance is just wonderful and his showing helped to erase the fact that he lost on TV before.  And I much prefer Undisputed Era's version of the NXT opener and hope they use that.

• Like 2

Kyle O’Reilly claiming ownership of the new opening was great. Does NXT pay for video production classes on the side at Full Sail? I would love to see a segment of Kyle in his gear at an editing bay.

I loved the idea behind the Mia Yim but but I am not a fan. Good attempt at giving her some depth a la the Roddy family man stuff but she’s just not compelling to me.

Main event was super fun. It did a really good job at showing the UE’s togetherness and the threat it poses.

• Like 1

Raul/Priest was a nice showcase for both. Priest stands out a lot more like this than he did when he showed up as Punishment Martinez.

Xia Li/Taynara was decent little match. Hope we get more of both on NXT tv.

UE vs. Dream/Breeze/Riddle was fun as a expected.

Conti is like a throwback, in the sense that she has a martial arts gimmick, but she displays absolutely none of it in the ring. Stan Lane himself has displayed more martial arts skills than she has in all the times she’s been on TV.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Guest Edwin
18 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Conti is like a throwback, in the sense that she has a martial arts gimmick, but she displays absolutely none of it in the ring. Stan Lane himself has displayed more martial arts skills than she has in all the times she’s been on TV.

Conti is a judoka, judo has nothing to do with strikes and that's why she focuses on throws and not strikes...

Roddy has legit good spatial awareness; when he was being suplexed, he was well aware where he'd land. Amateur wrestling base?

At this point, Velveteen just feels like he's slumming it in NXT... yet I fear what they'll do once he moves up.

That promo pic, makes Joaquin Wilde look like a Borderlands goon.

Mia Yim vignette... I'm shocked she actually referred to the Korean community when talking about the LA Riots: it's criminally overlooked (and never talked about) how fucked over that community was by the riots.

Edited by turk128

On 6/21/2019 at 12:45 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You got a point there.

If you are going with the throw back gimmick she should yell "JUDO CHOP" on every knife edge chop.  I wish she was further along though, a lot of the non title contenders look not ready for prime time after the call ups.