DVDVR Message Board

ALL-ENCOMPASSING T-SHIRT AND MERCHANDISE THREAD

MORELOCK

That Briscoe shirt manages to look worse than a wrestling t-shirt. Wearing a shirt with the stars and bars on it out in public will get you a lot of awkward glares. 

Maybe where you're from, Lana.

Also where I'm from: Canada. 

Although all things considered, I'd feel stranger repping alcohol on my clothing. I'm not in university any more. And even if I were, I wouldn't be a naive freshman enjoying his first taste of freedom or an upper-year frat boy looking to advertise how little I care. 

That Briscoe shirt manages to look worse than a wrestling t-shirt. Wearing a shirt with the stars and bars on it out in public will get you a lot of awkward glares.

Not where i live, where people fly the stars and bars and dont tread on me flags in their front yards and drive pick-ups with the flagg on their license plates.
  • Like 1

Upon first watch the Briscoes don't seem to illicit positive impressions. When ROH first got TV I was watching it with my Dad (who is from NC) and when they showed up in their Confederate gear he looked at me and said "Oh my God what the fuck is wrong with them?"

It's one of the reasons why as "good" as they are in-ring, I just can't get into them. 

Not where i live, where people fly the stars and bars and dont tread on me flags in their front yards and drive pick-ups with the flagg on their license plates.

I went to high school with a jackass who had the stars and bars on the rear window of his truck. Fucker was born in northern Michigan, from a family that has lived in area for at least four generations...

I went to high school with a jackass who had the stars and bars on the rear window of his truck. Fucker was born in northern Michigan, from a family that has lived in area for at least four generations...

Was it a rural area of Michigan?  I ask because I've lived both in cities and rural areas of Maryland and I can tell you that being an ignorant-ass hick who proudly sports that flag is more a rural thing than a southern-specific thing.  Same with country music.

• Like 2

"Michiganian by birth, racist dumb ass by choice"

Oh yeah, I'm from rural as fuck Michigan.

Let me put it this way, the guy came from a rather large family that lives in a spot that isn't technically part of any town, and is commonly referred to as "Blainesville" because damn near everyone who lives there (including him) is related to the Blaine family.

Didn't change my strong desire to smash his window.

• Like 1

I work about half the time in DE, right by the PA border, and you would not believe the amount of confederate shit people have. I just want to stop people on the street and say 'you do know that the confederates aren't like the rebel alliance from Star Wars, right? Abe Lincoln was not a Sith Lord. Also you are way north of the Mason-Dixon Line.'

• Like 1

I work about half the time in DE, right by the PA border, and you would not believe the amount of confederate shit people have. I just want to stop people on the street and say 'you do know that the confederates aren't like the rebel alliance from Star Wars, right? Abe Lincoln was not a Sith Lord. Also you are way north of the Mason-Dixon Line.'

Not that far north. I live right by the Manson-Nixon Line (tm george carlin) and its only about a half hour to Chadds Ford/Concord Pike.

But Cecil County was (is?) Klan HQ in MD. My cousin went to College Park in the mid 1980s and his first roommate was black and got moved without meeting him just because of where he grew up.

I loved Dave rant on Observer Radio on why you shouldn't buy the WWE '9.99' shirt because it makes you and the business look like geeks.  I am not sure what is the mindset of someone who would buy that shit   :D

But us paying $11.99 for a newsletter makes us not geeks and totally awesome, right Dave?

• Like 2

Just got my Bullet Club and King of Strong Style shirts in from prowrestling T-s.

I opted to get the more comfortable version of the shirt (American apperal) for a few extra bucks. Most of the T's that wrestling shirts are made on fit me weird or are short.

Anywho, if you get the Strong Style shirt, go up a size. I got a large and it fights like a smedium. I look like i'm trying too hard but I like the shirt so i'm keeping it.

The American Apperal Bullet Club shirt fits awesome and is comfy.

My wife says I have too many black wrestling shirts (PWG, Best Friends and the two shirts mentioned above).

I loved Dave rant on Observer Radio on why you shouldn't buy the WWE '9.99' shirt because it makes you and the business look like geeks. I am not sure what is the mindset of someone who would buy that shit :D

Stand on your head, and it's FUCKING METAL!!

• 2 months later...