DVDVR Message Board

Compilations/documentaries you'd like to see

Since Vince & company seem to own the rights to damn near everything domestic these days and are putting out new documentaries and compilations of various wrestlers all the time, what are your dream collections?  It doesn't have to be anything realistic.

I for one would love to see a crusierweight/junior heavyweight collection put together.  Start with stuff in WCW in the early 90s and include matches from the WWF's short lived attempts at having a light heavyweight title as well.  Maybe even throw in a few of those lucha matches from Super Astros.

I've never seen anything Portland related from the 80s but hear mostly good stuff about it.  Who owns the footage to that?

A good Memphis documentary would be nice.  I'm assuming the Jarretts still own most of that stuff?

I want a 3 disc Goldust DVD sooo bad and him coming back hasn't helped that much. I'd like a WWE Tag Team titles comp featuring Demolition, the Hart Foundation, Hardys, NOA, Wild Samoans, London and Kendrick, Miz and Morrison, E&C, LOD and all the other greats. I think a documentary about the all the Samoans could be cool too, looking from Afa or High Cheif Peter Mavia to Roman Reigns and the Usos, it could be an interesting story and could have all kinds of sweet matches included.

• Like 1

I've mentioned it before but a documentary focusing on the feud between Tommy Dreamer-Raven could be a very fun & interesting couple of hours. Have Tommy Paul & Raven be the main three who reflect on the feud. Just picking there brains on this very fun and complexly simple rivalry that so many other feuds bulbed off of and was seamlessly always somehow within the main focus of ECW for roughly two and half years. It'd be great to hear from the three men responsible for the feud why they believe the feud has gained such a cult viewership throughout the fued. Also them reliving & revealing how the moments worked. The feud was one of the best ever and in a way so original and innovated to reshaped how feuds in wrestling could be booked. The pretty boy baby face never ever won until the absolutely very last moment (Raven was leaving for ECW Tommy had to win) however you were still super em thrilled in the match and there's is still the possibility Tommy doesn't pull it off which makes the moment Tommy finally does it that much sweeter. Shit you could focus a substantial amount of time on the sub-feuds that spun off of Tommy vs Raven. Joey Beullah Mick Stevie Meanie Gary Wolfe Terry Funk and even guys like CM Punk Dolph & Curt Hawkins that were ECW fans and watching at the time to speak on the feud.

The eventual 3-disc John Cena retrospective doc is going to be amazing whenever it comes out.

I would love to see releases like the old Coliseum tapes. It would be a simple, profitable way to highlight underutilized talent and hype-up local shows and dark matches. You could sell the DVDs at a discounted price and use the matches which were already happening anyway. Their Youtube Channel has amazing content like the JBL and Cole show, but they really haven't done something like this yet and if you're not going to put it online, you might as well tape it and sell it.

I would love a comp of the JBL and Cole show come to think of it. Give them a special or something so there is a nice chunk of original content for the DVD.

Speaking of JBL, has Bradshaw been given a DVD yet? That could be good.

So would a Mark Henry DVD. Or just a general BIG MEN~! collection of the biggest, strongest dudes in WWE history.

I agree that a Bradshaw comp should happen, I was thinking about that watching the Clothesline from Hell comp video that was posted in the Chit Chat thread. Bradshaw is just a dude who is fun to watch and his career is so long and varied that the documentary would be interesting too and the JBL promos that could be included as bonuses. This needs to happen the guy is a wrestling god for crying out load he needs the respect of a DVD comp.

• Like 1

Best of WCW Saturday Night - 2 discs pre-Hogan, 2 discs Hogan/NWO/death of wcw stuff.

The Best Big Men of Wrestling

JOBBER SMASH - 3 discs of wimpies getting killed for our pleasure.

Docs on Jerry Lawler/Memphis, Terry Funk, Bradshaw, and another Vince doc with more batshit Vince stories by guys who have the best Vince batshit stories.

I've also always wanted a detailed look at how awesome Samoan wrestlers have been for the WWE. A lot of asskicking matches from Umaga and others would be included.

Never happen officially, but I have spent years yearning for a comprehensive compilation of the complete Studd Stable vs. DUSTIN RHODES feud from Austin in late 93 until the end in spring of 94.

I think they should do one about the Pacific Northwest/Portland wrestling territory. Although with Don Owen, Buddy Rose, Rip Oliver & Matt Bourne having passed on (not to mention no chance in hell of them talking to Billy Jack Haynes), that only leaves you with Piper and Col. DeBeers to do interviews.

I would love a Greatest Rivalries: Austin vs. The Hart Foundation.  Especially if it included all of Austin's matches against Bret, Owen, the tag with HBK against Bulldog/Owen, and the Canadian Stampede.  That would easily be my desert island wrestling disc having my favorite angle, feud, matches, and wrestler.  It was nice to get a Randy Savage collection but no documentary was a bummer.  I'd also like to get more familiar with the work and stories of Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, and Andre.

• Like 1

I think they should do one about the Pacific Northwest/Portland wrestling territory. Although with Don Owen, Buddy Rose, Rip Oliver & Matt Bourne having passed on (not to mention no chance in hell of them talking to Billy Jack Haynes), that only leaves you with Piper and Col. DeBeers to do interviews.

Ventura and Snuka could be interviewed

+1 for a doc on Portland.

I'd love to see a good doc on Florida with a 3 disc set of matches.

I've always thought WWE should release limited edition collectors' sets of territories. For instance, a best of mid south by year set carrying a disc for each year of a decade (i.e., best of Mid south/UWF in the '80s, etc.)

I would love a Greatest Rivalries: Austin vs. The Hart Foundation.  Especially if it included all of Austin's matches against Bret, Owen, the tag with HBK against Bulldog/Owen, and the Canadian Stampede.  That would easily be my desert island wrestling disc having my favorite angle, feud, matches, and wrestler.  It was nice to get a Randy Savage collection but no documentary was a bummer.  I'd also like to get more familiar with the work and stories of Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, and Andre.

Just finished re-reading Race's biography and I would love to see a documentary on his career. And it would be awesome if the music that played during the selection menu screen of the dvd was IfIHadAHiFi's "Somebody Take The Damn Money". It's actually incorrectly attributed to Nada Surf.

I want a good Sting DVD, and a series of "Famous Arena" type dvds, where they show Superdome matches, Omni matches, MSG Matches, ect.  From around the country, and hopefully the Cow Palace gets a mention...

I am assuming you know this already but they already did a Best of MSG set. It came out in August.

Clearly MSG is the most famous arena but I would certainly not hate for another arena set.

If we got legitimate Memphis set with Lawler and Dutch Mantell doing interviews? I'd be game solely for me not knowing NEARLY enough about Memphis. Just old territory sets would be cool(even if unlikely). Not a big fan of just docs or just matches I can find on YouTube. And these sets will be mostly those types of matches at least WWE can up some quality. 

Daniel Bryan should be getting one within the coming years which will be pretty swell. He's got a lot of quality stuff while being in the WWE. If they got a Nigel interview I'd be sold x100!

Sami Callihan needs to have BOTI from SMV like NOW. I heard he did an interview with them but haven't heard anything since. And since I heard that news there have been two mention of interviews and two BOTIs since. UGH!

Is there a Terry Funk vs Jerry Lawler set out there? Not sure if Lawler can do independent DVD releases as far as interviews. Think that'd be interesting with being able to show their match from 2012. Maybe, maybe not?

How about a WWE abroad set, with all the best matches from american guys wrestling in different countries.  They have to have plenty of Hogan and Flair matches from Japan in the vault.  They have to have some really good matches from the international tours that no one has ever seen.

If there was somehow English language documentaries telling the history of the major Puroresu companies I'd be willing to drop some cash on them.  It will most likely never happen but a man can dream can't he.

• Like 1