DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/28/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Madman Fulton (w/ Sami Callihan) def. Charles Mason

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 28, 2019 from New York City, NY

*The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) def. The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Cousin Jake) after a double team.

*Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie vs. Su Yung & Havok went to a no contest when they brawled outside and the match was thrown out. After the match, they continued to fight including a tease of thumbtacks. Havok & Su almost got into it after a miscommunication but Father James Mitchell came down to stop them.

*Sami Callihan def. Fallah Bahh (w/ Scarlett Bordeaux) after the Piledriver. After the match, Sami cut a promo saying he shows how over a true male performer can be while he's tired of the knockouts revolution. Sami calls out Tessa Blanchard and says she wants to prove how tough she is but she won't do anything to him because he's a male and he is Impact Wrestling. Sami says if Tessa wants to be treated like an equal, sometimes you get what you ask for and kicks her down. Tessa got up and speared Sami, attacking him until oVe ran out to stop her. They held Tessa down for Sami to hit her with the baseball bat and then the Piledriver.

*The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz) def. Laredo Kid & LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) via pinfall on Ortiz

*Brian Cage came out for a promo and called out Michael Elgin. Cage talked about taking 14 years to become one of the best and how Elgin took his moment from him and sent him to the hospital. Cage said at Slammiversary, Elgin will find out he can't break this machine. A doctor got in the ring so Cage gave him an F5. Elgin hit the ring and laid out Cage with the Elgin Bomb. Elgin went out and powerbombed Cage through a table. Elgin stood tall holding up the world title. Don Callis got in Elgin's face so Elgin hit him and tossed him into the ring. Elgin teased an Elgin Bomb on Callis but Cage recovered and returned to the ring to continue brawling with Elgin.

Edited by DreamBroken

Great show and build to Slammiversary here in addition to setting up everything for next week's show. Thought the opening tag was really solid. the Deaners have proven to better than I expected in these matches given time, both teams looked good here. Knockouts tag was a nice tease for the Monster's Ball. Taya is one of my favorite all around performers in wrestling, having a great year. Callihan/Bahh was another fun match from them while the LAX/Rascalz tag was their usual crazy sprint. Love the furthering of the angles in the variety of segments for Kross/Eddie, Madison/Kiera, and Johnny/Swann.  Awesome closing angle that has me looking forward to Cage/Elgin at Slammiversary.

I'm guessing the Deaners losing to The North and then getting taunted by the Desi Hit Squad is to give us a tag match on the PPV undercard. Should be a good one.

The bit with Edwards and Kross in the Church was good. Looks like this feud MUST CONTINUE. Kross isn't dead after all. Straight into John E  Bravo backstage bragging abbout how cool he is while all the refs and security laugh at him.

Impact Plus bought us clips of an X title ladder match between Edwards, Davey Richards, Tigre Uno, Sanada, Manik and Crazzy Steve. I'd forgotten how over Steve was as a face before the Decay angle started. I think it was TJP under the Suicide mask at this time. Davey got his head stuck, it was funny.

Fallah Bahh continues shrinking. His gear barely fit him any more. If he gets any smaller, he's going to have to revamp his offence away from the superheavyweight stuff. I'll say this about Sami Callihan, for a guy who is too small to be a big guy, too unathletic to fly and can't do the power moves, he's certainly found his niche. And he's really good in that role, in terms of being utterly detestable.

If only Laredo Kid had worked the last MLW tapings, he could have appeared on three show by three promotions in three days. He goes out and kills in on Impact and it makes people look forward to AEW. Not that he could really have dragged it down with LAX and the Rascalz in there. You could have put Baron Corbin in that spot and it'd still have been a good match. It's just his parts of it that would have sucked. Also, doing a flying headscissors that forces your opponent to Spear his partner, that's much better than doing the "I force you to DDT your partner, because you are physically incapable of releasing a front facelock intentionally". Davey Richards stupid shit.

• Like 1

That was a great ep.  The Lax v Rascalz match was really good and the Sami / Tessa angle was great.

The closing angle was really well done, Elgin came across as a real badass and Cage was like Godzilla getting up from the table.  Nice seeing Callis getting a beating as well.  Real old school angle that worked well.

As AxB said the old school Impact match did indeed see Dave Richards getting German suplexed onto a steel ladder and get his head stuck.  Which might be the closest literal interpretation of Davey Richards inside a steel Davey Richards!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Other Pluto Viewing:

Cody Deaner has gained some muscle in the 10 years since I last saw him feuding with ODB over the Knockouts Title. This was given a little bit of time and I enjoyed that. I'm a sucker for a solid tag match and even bigger sucker for a really good tag match. Never seen cousin Jake before but he fits with my theory that there has never been a bad Canadian wrestler (Tom McGee had potential).The Deaners put up a strong fight but The North were facing LAX for the Tag Straps in 9 days so no surprise they end up taking the pin.  

Thats probably the best way to build towards a Monsters Ball Match. This a complete breakdown of any order. It started off as standard tag team fare before everything went haywire. A traditional match cannot contain these four. Count Outs be damned these women intended and ripping each other apart and we got ourselves a little taste of the choas that i'm sure ensued in the Monsters Ball Match. With how watered down and homogenized WWE's violence is i'm happy that Impact still has thumbtacks and actually hardcore matches that are hardcore.

Watching the Impact Plus Moment of the Week, I forgot Sanada was in TNA for a bit. Everybody has seemed to have stopped by TNA/Impact for at least a cup of coffee. When did X Division Cluster Fuck matches for from Ultimate X's to Standard Ladder Matches? Impact has always been the AAA of America in many respects and super duper gimmick matches was once one of those respects. I almost forgot Eddie Edwards use to wear trunks.

I knew I like Eddie Edwards for a reason, he's a fellow Catholic. I've said it before and i'll say it again i like these B-Movie Vignettes Impact tapes. Eddie and Kross having that exchange in the church is straight out of a low budget gangster flick. The bad guy antagonizing the good guy right before the final showdown. Isn't this the final angle Kross was involved in before he sat out home for months waiting to be released from his contract? He seemed really motivated for a guy who no longer liked him job. 

I agree with @AxB Fallah has seemed to slim down since I saw him live last November at the Impact Tapings in Vegas.The match with Sami was good, back and forth evenly matched. Crowd really seemed to like Fallah and were super behind him, doesn't hurt that Sami is so unlikable can't help but root against Sami. It was fun while it lasted but Sami picks up the win. Sami would be a sexist fits the character to a T, and Tessa she's perfect in her role too. She's had enough of his shit and she knows that she can wrestle circle around him. After watching this in ring exchange I'm excited for the World Title match on the 12th. It seems like they've been feuding for most the year and it's finally reached it's peak. I don't know if i have an Opinion on intergender wrestling but I do like this angle, Tessa was getting the better of Sami until he got her in the gut with that bat and she ate a Piledriver. Sami is deplorable we all know that and Tessa is the underdog face I can't pinpoint it but there's something about Tessa which makes her believable and credible against the guys. 

The 6 Man Tag was what you would expect, a fantastic spotfest. Seriously just a ton of fun. Fast paced action, right up my ally with all the flips and dips. TNA gets good use out of there AAA relationship, wish Laredo was around more often he'd be a great addition to the roster. The Rascels are all really good, and young they will probably be the cornerstone of Impact for years to come that is if they don't leave for greener pastures like LAX did. I bet that Triple Threat match between the Rascals was pretty good itself.

Brian Cage looks like a champion, he also looks like he pumped his arms up with a bicycle pump. That doctor is almost the biggest heel in Impact, Cage made quick work of him. I love in wrestling that a doctor doesnt clear you to wrestle so you just hit him with a move and then you're cleared. Cage hits the doctor with the move he gets cheered Elgin sends Cage through a table and he's an asshole gotta love wrestling. If you wanna go with the can the Champ compete angle going into a PPV Power Bombing him through a table is the way to go. I also enjoy . agood brawl to end a wrestling show. 

I actaully gotta watch this one all the way through.

• Like 2