DVDVR Message Board

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes (6/8/2019) - Chicago, IL (United Center)

Elsalvajeloco

11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I respect Cejudo for making adjustments and not lackadaisically sticking to a game plan after he got picked apart in the first round as we see fighters often do.

Good things usually happen when you listen to your corner and make adjustments based on their advice, provided that they aren't a bunch of yes men there to pad your confidence and are actually analyzing the fight and see the things that you don't see because you're getting punched in the face.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Good things usually happen when you listen to your corner and make adjustments based on their advice, provided that they aren't a bunch of yes men there to pad your confidence and are actually analyzing the fight and see the things that you don't see because you're getting punched in the face.

Too true. The opposite of that...Head movement! Head movement! Head movement! 

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Good things usually happen when you listen to your corner, provided that they aren't a bunch of yes men there to pad your confidence and are actually analyzing the fight and see the things that you don't see because you're getting punched in the face.

For what it's worth, someone in Moraes' corner said, "Think of your mom."  I'm generally someone who doesn't get too deep into corner bashing, because those guys know the fighter and what motivates him, and I don't...but if two fighters are equal the differences in cornering can be vast.