DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

MLW Intimidation Games 2020 

Saturday, April 18th in ChiRaq

No matches signed yet, but Los Parks, the Von Erichs, and Pagano have been confirmed on the card.

Edited by J.T.

Good things on last weeks show

- Konnan

- Injustice

- Pillman Jr

- Filthy Tom

- Von Erichs particularly the line “your goofy little friend in his karate outfit”

Bad things

- Jimmy Havoc. God Havoc is such an unthreatening dweeb.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

Good things on last weeks show

- Konnan

- Injustice

- Pillman Jr

- Filthy Tom

- Von Erichs particularly the line “your goofy little friend in his karate outfit”

Bad things

- Jimmy Havoc. God Havoc is such an unthreatening dweeb.

The "unthreatening" usually turn out to be the most dangerous. 

ex. John Wayne Gacy

The main event was pretty good.  CIMA looked good despite there being no question of how it would end.  Jacob Fatu versus DBS Jr is a match I'm loking forward to just so Fatu can be up against someone his own size.

• Like 1

MLW posted the upper card from the PPV as Episode #100

• MLW World Heavyweight Title Fight: Jacob Fatu vs. CIMA
  • Brian Pillman Jr vs. Jimmy Havoc w/ Priscilla Kelly
  • Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Erick Stevens

I also enjoyed CIMA getting main event treatment even though this was all about getting a smark high profile name on Fatu's list of victims.

God, I hate Jimmy Havoc. Pillman, the golden boy that SHOULD be coming to ringside with a female valet rolls in solo while rodent faced Jimmy Havoc has the female valet. Do Not Understand. I am digging Pillman using his late father's slingshot flying clothesline as a tribute finisher.

Edited by J.T.

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Pillman match actually wasn't bad. Jimmy had some nice actual chain wrestling going on there for a minute. Pricilla ain't much to look at below the neck but she didn't mind bumping around.  

Jimmy wrestles far too clean and scientific to be England's Most Dangerous Man.

I think he's perfectly find as far as his work goes; his style is just all wrong for his alleged garbage wrestler gimmick.

Any time you're trying to combine two radically different wrestling styles, it's going to have teething troubles. Deathmatch brawling mixed with Eurocatch is not the most natural fit. Although someone putting together a Death Catch stable might be maketable.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Col. Robert Parker is coming soon to MLW. Meaning: post-Coronavirus.

He's actually making a return.   

When MLW bEIN first starting airing episodes of MLW, Parker's Stud Stable were the top heels and the big feud was Filthy Tom Lawlor vs. Jake Hager / Jack Swagger. 

That was when Simon Gotch was a face and part of Tom's Team Filthy stable along with Fred Yehi.

Edited by J.T.

21 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

How long do we have until MLW runs out of taped material?

They will probably ration out matches from the last PPV until the new PPV hits in April.... if it isn't cancelled.

.Until then, enjoy the insanity of Myron Reed nearly killing Laredo Kid with an Ace Crusher.

Edited by J.T.

God I wish the Indie Stunner trend would end already. 

Mancer vs. Gino was nice and stiff. Gino really lit him up with that headkick. 

Filthy Tom bringing up Pit-Fighter the game made me mark out. The match with Kross was also nice and stiff; eight-man tag will be fun just to see people pound on Garrini. Incidentally they're airing some old episodes that my DVR has been picking up from November. I don't think I've seen the Falls Count Anywhere between Mancer and Havoc before. Them going all the way to Jimmy's apartment to brawl was a hoot, especially coming back outside and there's Moonman (that is his name, right?) wearing full camo gear INCLUDING MASK drinking a jar of shine, ready to hop back behind the wheel haha

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

God I wish the Indie Stunner trend would end already. 

No, you can protect a guy when you're hitting a Stunner. 

Reed's Ace Crusher is a huge pop move and the crowd marks big for the spot, but he's the only one wearing the chest protector when he hits that move from really dangerous angles.  I wouldn't be surprised if Laredo Kid hadn't cracked a rib while slamming into the fucking ring apron.

I say that because LK had to roll over two or three extra times to get himself into position to be hit by Reed's finisher and he was slow doing it.  That screams "I think I may be legit hurt."

Edited by J.T.

So, I just discovered that I get beIN and the episode my DVR recorded yesterday is from the 2300 Arena with the main event of Team Filthy vs. DBS, Jr./Von Erich's/Killer Kross. Is that the most recent episode?

• Like 1

They are using every last second of the Philly show. Hey!  The Blue Meanie match made television.  I guess they can only get two weeks out of the MLW/AAA show.

• Like 1