DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Pagano / Hammerstone vs. King  Muertes / Black Taurus in a really messy street fight.  If it wasn't the night after Page / Danielson 2 I wouldn't mind the lack of blood, but it is and this match feels lacking because there was no plasma shooting out of Hammerstone's dome.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Pagano / Hammerstone vs. King  Muertes / Black Taurus in a really messy street fight.  If it wasn't the night after Page / Danielson 2 I wouldn't mind the lack of blood, but it is and this match feels lacking because there was no plasma shooting out of Hammerstone's dome.

That first match was a total hoot.  More Black Destiny.  Aramis' finisher is so totally awesome.

Not terribly surprising that they are gone since they were closely aligned with Tom Lawler and haven't had much to do since Lawler's departure.  

MLW is heel heavy already with Azteca Underground, the remnants of Contra, and Holidead's little stable beating the shit out of each other, and Alex Kane running around with the Openweight Title.  5150 aren't exactly babyfaces either.

And now we have nZo..... yay.... I think...

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

MLW does a Tijuana studio wrestling show and it is sooo grimy.  The first match is pretty great because it has Black Destiny who rules.  5150 have some cool tag team moves.  Alex Kane is not very good at the lucha libre, but he does hit a few cool suplexes on Aerostar.  Savio Vega is in a street fight in Tijuana and there isn' t 9 buckets of blood?  Eh, quarter bucket maybe. Pagano looks good though. going face first into the thumbtacks.  The first match was the one to watch.  Everything else, you could live your whole life not having to watch it.

• Like 2

Aerostar and Drago taking on 5051 is pretty good.  Toto vs Proximo is pretty good.  Everything else you could live your whole life without seeing.  Alex Kane is fun on the STICK!

• Like 1

El Hijo del Vikingo defended the AAA Mega Championship on tonight's episode of MLW Azteca.  I totally brainfarted that he won the belt in a scramble last December at Triplemania Regia II after Kenny Omega vacated the title due to injury.

Looks like the CONTRA schism will finally proceed.  Fatu and Mads Krueger should be building towards a program real soon.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

El Hijo del Vikingo defended the AAA Mega Championship on tonight's episode of MLW Azteca.  I totally brainfarted that he won the belt in a scramble last December at Triplemania Regia II after Kenny Omega vacated the title due to injury.

Looks like the CONTRA schism will finally proceed.  Fatu and Mads Krueger should be building towards a program real soon.

I wasn't expecting an Extreme Tiger match today, but he has a good little match with Ares.  That Vikingo/Aramis match rules- I like that it goes along the lines of a Aramis/Ares weirdo lucha match but with Vikingo highflying thrown in.

• Like 1

•AAA Mega Champion El Hijo de Vikingo, Laredo Kid, and Octagon Jr vs. National Openweight Champion Alex Kane, Villano III Jr, and Rey Horus

•EJ Nduka vs. Adrian Quest

•Extreme Tigre vs. Mecha Wolf

On 2/4/2022 at 9:24 AM, J.T. said:

•AAA Mega Champion El Hijo de Vikingo, Laredo Kid, and Octagon Jr vs. National Openweight Champion Alex Kane, Villano III Jr, and Rey Horus

•EJ Nduka vs. Adrian Quest

•Extreme Tigre vs. Mecha Wolf

Oh man, that main event is so good.  Vikingo brings the fireworks and Villano III Jr brings the story with Alex Kane.  VIII Jr vs Alex Kane would be a feud I could get behind.  It was insane how Vikingo overshadowed world class highfliers like Rey Horus and Laredo Kid in that match.

• Like 1

Fun little episode.  Richard Holliday towers over Ricky Banderas, which I found surprising but I looked it up on cagematch and Holliday is 6'3" and Muertes is 6'0".  Whoda thought?  EJ Nduka is impressive.  Pagano versus Hammerstone is good and Pagano bumps like a psycho.  SURPRISE AFTER THE MATCH!

• Like 1

I wish I had the brain power to dig into MLW, Papa Dean. Gotta share a TV with the folks, go to school, do the homework, watch the dogs, make sure grandma's not left alone, and find a job soon (since donating plasma 8 times a month is a scary prospect). But yeah, Vikingo and Ricky B. do make me wonder what the fuck I'm really living for...

you should do a DVD500 on your own. And if they all tie for #1 and best, you technically don't/won't have to list 500 of them, just however many had the power of 500 in any given year. I want LABELS and COMPARISONS; no high, lengthy criticism~

Edited by Horatio
  • Like 2

I am torn.  Holliday provided great comedy relief and the goofyness has probably been abandoned now that he has turned 100% heel, but I approve of the Hammestone beatdown and the formation of the power couple with Alicia Atout.  I am thinking that Hammestone is probably on his way to better things and they'll throw the heavyweight belt on Holiday for five seconds until [REDACTED} beats him.

Pagano is fucking crazy.

With some polish, EJ Nduka could hold down the mid card and have a decent title war with Alex Kane if MLW does not pull the hoss battle trigger on a feud with Calvin Tankman.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

It's been a big week for ACH matches.  This one against Davey Richards is good but not close to his match against Mike Speedball Baily.  But still good.  It's the Saito Brothers from All Japan!  They still wrestle really weird.  I'm glad I watched this match but I can't quite put my finger on why.  Eh, why not?  WHY  NOT?  The 5051 vs the Mexican Ass Boys is waaay fun.  Big daddy LA PARK makes a cameo and hits a fucking beautiful old man, fat boy, throwing a refrigerator off the porch tope.  Billy Gunn cannot muster the greatness of an LA PARK tope, so the Mexican Ass Boys are more valuable to wrestling than the American Ass Boys.  Actually, both teams are dead even in the ring.  Anyway, Danny Limelight Garcia is a great athlete and does cool ass shit in the match.  MLW can be sleazy fun and this was sleazy fun.

Two matches on this show.  The secret reveal is instantly the most over wrestler in the promotion.  The other five luchadors/wrestlers are all spectacular.  The main event it Jacob Fatu bumping all over the ring for very limited but game Mads Krueger.  Weird.