DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

12 hours ago, JRV said:

I kind of enjoyed the battle royale show, especially Cesar's promo to open it. "Who the fuck are you" popped me big time. The crowd was super hot for the whole thing, you love to see it.

I feel like the Sentai Death Squad are those two giant dudes they had in CHIKARA back in the day, but it's really hard to find any info about them. Blaster McMaster and another name like that, I've smoked way too much weed to remember.

Blaster McMassive and Max Smashmaster

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I broke my COVID fear wrestling drought this past weekend, so in for a penny, in for a viral pound and the hankering is back sos I got tix for the 10/02 MLW show here. The last couple cards (a lifetime ago) were festive, and this one is loaded (Tajiri!!). CB is A-OK in my book.

- RAF

• Like 1

Court Bauer says MLW being a thing is still a thing.

Looks like there will be a Women's Featherweight division.  Not sure how this plays into the greater women's title picture or if they will ever do anything with Zeda Zhang.  AFAIK she is still under contract making money for nothing.

TAFKA The Bodega from CWFH is going by 5150 here in MLW.  No sign of Papo Escobar.

Davev Richards vs TJP was actually pretty good even with the excessive kicking out of finishers and head dropping.

Edited by J.T.

New MLW was on BeIN tonight!  Really good KC Navarro/Gino Medina match.  Gino's offense is fuckin nasty.  Davey Richards/TJ Perkins match was a good, free match on my television.  Allright.  MLW is back.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 2:17 PM, J.T. said:

New episode of MLW Fusion is up.  Should debut on beinSports this weekend.

Aramis vs Arez is FUCKING BANANAS~!

I just finished watching that.  It's fucking great.

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

So is MLW going to have weekly or any kind of regular shows on Vice or is this a one-off?

It seems to be a special to test the waters for a weekly show. I set it on my dvr and I couldn’t make it a series recording. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

It seems to be a special to test the waters for a weekly show. I set it on my dvr and I couldn’t make it a series recording. 

Cool.  I'd love for it to be weekly.  I haven't had beIN since I swapped Fubo for Sling a while back and I don't want another show I need to go find on YouTube.

It's not like Vice doesn't need the content.  Dark side of ___________, Vice News, and "take popular show concept, then add weed" is about all they have right now.

Yeah, there should be some temporary weekly thing after Fightland debuts on VICE this Thursday at 10PM EST.

The card so far:

• Title vs. Title: Jacob Fatu vs. Alex Hammerstone
  • Opera Cup Opening Round: Tom Lawlor vs. Davey Richards
  • Opera Cup Opening Round: Bobby Fish vs. Lee Moriarty
  • Opera Cup Opening Round: Calvin Tankman vs. Matt Cross
  • Opera Cup Opening Round: TJP vs. Alex Shelley
  • MLW World Middleweight Championship: Myron Reed (c) vs. Aramis vs. Arez vs. Tajiri
  • Holidead vs. Nicole Savoy
  • Los Parks vs. 5150
  • 12-Man Survival Tag Team Match
  • Like 1

I keep forgetting to mention that I like Myron Reed but his gear is so awful.  Chest protector is a midcard gimmick you do away with after the babyface exposes your non-injury.  It's not something you make permanent to the point where you wear it in other promotions.

My favorite things are virtue signalling and talking about gear ?

Edited by Technico Support

What?! There is no way they are squeezing all that into an hour. And it is recording as a series for me. 

Their programming isn't even that weed-centric and foodie as it used to be, now it's more Feel Bad Programming with Intervention episodes and stuff about robbing banks and conspiracy theorists and nutjobs and murderers. Steve Albini went on a rant about how they're profiting off human suffering and he kinda has a point. That is kinda pot-calling-kettle considering Big Black's and probably Shellac's lyrical content, but you know, artistic expression and all that. Besides he never made any money. 

Edited by Curt McGirt