DVDVR Message Board

MLW Deserves Its Own Thread

Gringo Loco continues to impress upon me that he is The Man Without Cardio. Wasn't as bad as Muertes match but still. It doesn't behoove him to make any facial expressions whatsoever either. 

In Ariel Dominguez I think we've found the third member of our tiny trio along with Honest John and Marko Stunt. 

And yeah I marked out as soon as I saw the camera flying over Boyle Heights. They absolutely nailed it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They had a round 2 and announced the newest signing of Alex Kane.   Very good young talent in the southern indies.  Frankly MLW needs many more talent and should be going hard after the southern and Mid Atlantic indies.  

Chelsea Green posted something on Instagram this morning with a pic of her as Reklusa and the caption "46 days.. I'll be there"  I immediately assumed she was referring to MLW since they're resurrecting some LU characters but 46 days is July 14th.. which is 4 days after their "new season" taping in Philly on the 10th. So that one is still a mystery to me.

MLW Underground this weekend had Jimmy Yang vs. Juvi, Blonde (!) Samoa Joe vs. Mike Awesome, and Chris Daniels vs. Super Dragon. And started with Terry Funk strangling Corino with barbed wire.

MLW left off right where ECW stopped and looks like what Heyman would have done going forward. It makes me wonder how much Heyman stopping was due to just insolvency, because Vince snapped him and the talent he wanted and the name up REAL quick afterward. Seeing the monies owed in the ECW book was fascinating and I bet looking at the purchase prices of ECW and the paychecks for Heyman would open up some interesting conversation.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, Curt McGirt said:

MLW Underground this weekend had Jimmy Yang vs. Juvi, Blonde (!) Samoa Joe vs. Mike Awesome, and Chris Daniels vs. Super Dragon. And started with Terry Funk strangling Corino with barbed wire.

JOE SEANOA....! I remember watching that episode when I got Sunshine Network on my old pirated Directv dish. Goodtimes.

The only time I got to see ECW TV was on the Sunshine Network when I visited my uncle's family in Florida. I taped it. Nothing but promos and clips, but I remember Shane Douglas going postal and yelling "MY BEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLTTTTTT" into the camera at the end. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 5/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, Curt McGirt said:

MLW left off right where ECW stopped and looks like what Heyman would have done going forward. It makes me wonder how much Heyman stopping was due to just insolvency, because Vince snapped him and the talent he wanted and the name up REAL quick afterward. Seeing the monies owed in the ECW book was fascinating and I bet looking at the purchase prices of ECW and the paychecks for Heyman would open up some interesting conversation.

In theory they began where ECW left off.  They had Blood'n'guts, former ECW names, names that ECW could or would have used.  But they proved that none of the mentioned intangibles matter when you don't have Paul Heyman.  Or an equivalent talent/creative booking mind.  So too XPW.  I assume Court Bauer to have some sort of talent as a wrestling business man.  It's pretty remarkable how he's hung on and found himself in different positions in the industry.  On the otherhand, as a booker/producer he has very little to offer.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:44 PM, Peck said:

Chelsea Green posted something on Instagram this morning with a pic of her as Reklusa and the caption "46 days.. I'll be there"  I immediately assumed she was referring to MLW since they're resurrecting some LU characters but 46 days is July 14th.. which is 4 days after their "new season" taping in Philly on the 10th. So that one is still a mystery to me.

Look  she celebrates Bastille Day/Franz Kafka's Birthday in her own way

James

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The only time I got to see ECW TV was on the Sunshine Network when I visited my uncle's family in Florida. I taped it. Nothing but promos and clips, but I remember Shane Douglas going postal and yelling "MY BEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLTTTTTT" into the camera at the end. 

Feel like that was where the majority of people not in the Philly, New Jersey, New York area got there first taste of ECW TV.  The first time I ever saw ECW was on TV while vacationing in Orlando.  This was mid 1995 when Funk and Cactus Jack were feuding and Taz was in his babyface "I am not the Tasmaniac" phase.

MLW had a 3rd day of their draft and they announced Lee Moriarity as signing with MLW.   A great pickup for them.  One of the hottest indie guys right now.  

On 5/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, hammerva said:

They had a round 2 and announced the newest signing of Alex Kane.   Very good young talent in the southern indies.  Frankly MLW needs many more talent and should be going hard after the southern and Mid Atlantic indies.  

I’m catching up on Paradigm from earlier this year and just saw him in a few matches.  He’s pretty good!

MLW has officially opted out of their DAZN deal and are continuing to shop rights to their library to streaming services

Another reminder why stuff has been removed from Youtube

The move has no effect on the deal with BeIN or Vice

In addition to what RIPPA said:

Meltzer noted that MLW will be taping vignettes and non-match content in Los Angeles starting Friday for Azteca Underground with the goal of looking like Lucha Underground. It's unclear how the Cesar Duran-led group will fit into the MLW landscape storyline-wise (faction, separate promotion, etc.). He said matches for Azteca Underground will be filmed in the fall.