DVDVR Message Board

The Walking Dead.

The Natural

Great first episode.  Completely went against expectations blowing off Terminus instead of dragging it out for 7 episodes and Rick and his crew are becoming absolutely ruthless. 

Comic readers: was the guy in the train car at the end, who dragged a woman out of the car in the flashback, supposed to be Negan?

Great first episode.  Completely went against expectations blowing off Terminus instead of dragging it out for 7 episodes and Rick and his crew are becoming absolutely ruthless. 

Comic readers: was the guy in the train car at the end, who dragged a woman out of the car in the flashback, supposed to be Negan?

I assumed it was supposed to be Negan.

I should have just Googled it...Robert Kirkman said it wasn't.  It was supposed to be the guy with the tattoos on his face that Rick and his group later freed, but the lighting was such that it was hard to tell.

I shuold have just Googled it...Robert Kirkman said it wasn't.  It was supposed to be the guy with the tattoos on his face that Rick and his group later freed, but the lighting was such that it was hard to tell.

I just read this as well.  I guess I wanted it too badly to be Negan.  So much for that.

Holy shit that was some fun action.  Very strong start to the season.  The season 4 alternate ending is much more badass than "screwing".  It's like the Mick Foley mentality:  Don't use "Fuck" much, save it for points where it makes an impact.  That surely did.  Going off that Rick was tremendous.  I thought he'd need the hat to get back to that but it's good to see he doesn't.  Tyrese was fantastic, the guy playing him was all kinds of tremendous.  And hell yeah to the post-show credits, that got us all excited.

Cannibalism -- does it work?  Everyone comes back as a zombie.  Everyone is infected.  Therefore, if kill and eat a human, you're eating a zombie.  Therefore, zombies are edible? So, essentially, you can bite the zombie and be fine, but if the zombie bites you, you die and turn faster.  

I'm sure it's a matter of how soon you kill the brain (with a bat to  the back of the head, I guess).

Just finished watching the episode. Holy Shit! It was GREAT. I'd say it was the best top to bottom episode of the series thus far. The right amount of suspense and horror and action, and even a little overboard with the gore. God Damn. So good.

Right.  There was a "herd" moving toward Terminus and they had a system in place (fireworks) that they use to distract the walkers and reroute them.

The TV series never really got into the concept of loud noises attracting zombies and creating herds, which the comics did (Professor Sweet Mullet and Sgt. Ginger explain this to Rick's group pretty early on in the comic series).

• Like 1

Cannibalism -- does it work?  Everyone comes back as a zombie.  Everyone is infected.  Therefore, if kill and eat a human, you're eating a zombie.  Therefore, zombies are edible? So, essentially, you can bite the zombie and be fine, but if the zombie bites you, you die and turn faster.  

I'm sure it's a matter of how soon you kill the brain (with a bat to  the back of the head, I guess).

I think that's why they whacked them over the head with the bat first, to keep them from coming back once they slit their throats and bled them out. 

Right.  There was a "herd" moving toward Terminus and they had a system in place (fireworks) that they use to distract the walkers and reroute them.

The TV series never really got into the concept of loud noises attracting zombies and creating herds, which the comics did (Professor Sweet Mullet and Sgt. Ginger explain this to Rick's group pretty early on in the comic series).

I think they've proven enough without saying it that loud noises attract them... especially in early seasons. Also, I think most people who have seen other zombie related material just general will assume it.

I think they've proven enough without saying it that loud noises attract them... especially in early seasons. Also, I think most people who have seen other zombie related material just general will assume it.

Remember in season one when Glen used the car with the alarm going off? They've alluded to it a few times. 

I think the TV series never got into because setting that kind of "rule" would handcuff the writers.  Where would the show be if the characters were pretty much never allowed to use guns?  The comic series really stressed the fact that you pretty much should never use a gun and that any loud noise had the potential to build a herd.

The show only relies of "loud noises attract walkers" when needed for dramatic purposes, like Merle setting off that car alarm last season.

I think the TV series never got into because setting that kind of "rule" would handcuff the writers.  Where would the show be if the characters were pretty much never allowed to use guns?  The comic series really stressed the fact that you pretty much should never use a gun and that any loud noise had the potential to build a herd.

The show only relies of "loud noises attract walkers" when needed for dramatic purposes, like Merle setting off that car alarm last season.

I feel like they've shown that guns attract walkers quite a bit in the show. For instance, the episode right after Michonne stabbed out The Gov's eye. Martinez was up on the wall, freaking out and trying to get everyone to stay behind the walls. He shot into the air and they immediately showed walkers coming out of the woods b/c they were attracted by the noise. Also, during the assault on the prison, walkers were attracted by all of the gunfire and commotion. They show walkers gnawing on wounded people after basically every confrontation where shots are fired.

I think that's why they whacked them over the head with the bat first, to keep them from coming back once they slit their throats and bled them out. 

Which shows how unrealistic the show is because in pro wrestling, you can use baseball bats at will and it just temporarily stuns the wrestler. One shot and dead? GTFO

I feel like they've shown that guns attract walkers quite a bit in the show. For instance, the episode right after Michonne stabbed out The Gov's eye. Martinez was up on the wall, freaking out and trying to get everyone to stay behind the walls. He shot into the air and they immediately showed walkers coming out of the woods b/c they were attracted by the noise. Also, during the assault on the prison, walkers were attracted by all of the gunfire and commotion. They show walkers gnawing on wounded people after basically every confrontation where shots are fired.

and the big scene at the farm.

So, with everyone refusing to go along with Rick's plan to exterminate every last termian, and then them showing the flashback to the Termians as prisoners in Terminus, this season is going to have the surviving Terminus guys going for revenge on Rick's group, isn't it?

So, with everyone refusing to go along with Rick's plan to exterminate every last termian, and then them showing the flashback to the Termians as prisoners in Terminus, this season is going to have the surviving Terminus guys going for revenge on Rick's group, isn't it?

While it could happen, the flashback scenes felt more like an illustration of what happened to the Terminus people to push them so far over the edge and how maybe our main crew isn't that far off with how both Rick and Tyreese acted during the episode.