DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Secret Time - 5/13/2019 (SPOILERS)

Dolfan in NYC

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hopefully Bray Wyatt used this characterization as inspiration:

I'd be ok with that. Or Bray being Waylon Mercy, promos about being peaceful, shaking hands at the beginning of the match, then letting the real Bray out once the bell rings. After the match, he shakes hands and goes back to being peaceful. You know what I mean?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be ok with that. Or Bray being Waylon Mercy, promos about being peaceful, shaking hands at the beginning of the match, then letting the real Bray out once the bell rings. After the match, he shakes hands and goes back to being peaceful. You know what I mean?

"Mercy The Buzzard" has stoked my hopes for this.

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hopefully Bray Wyatt used this characterization as inspiration:

and any time a heel wants to borrow from Matt Borne-era Doink is fine by me as well

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After my initial "What the fucking fuck is this stupid shit" reaction to Firefly funhouse, I admit I'm really curious where it's all going. When Bray switches from smiling happy Mr Rogers to the completely cold stare, that shit is scary. I love the secret reveal. The only thing that concerns me is that at some point you have to get all of this into the ring. Hopefully it will all connect live.

And I don't even hate Baron Corbin but for the name of all things good and holy why is he beating Ricochet clean? I mean couldn't you all have waited a few months before he's on job duty for the O'Charley's express?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Outside Bryan, is there another good singles match from Bray?

I guess I vaguely remember one of the Cena matches being pretty decent.

The Cena matches were generally decent, just not as good as they should have been. 

Anyway, I don't think Bray is likely to live or die based on what happens bell to bell.

I'm just so glad to see one of the most talented and creative characters in wrestling be motivated again.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Outside Bryan, is there another good singles match from Bray?

I guess I vaguely remember one of the Cena matches being pretty decent.

After Daniel Bryan at the 2014 Royal Rumble:

Vs. John Cena, Payback 2014.

Vs. Romantic Reigns, Hell in a Cell 2015.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Natural said:

After Daniel Bryan at the 2014 Royal Rumble:

Vs. John Cena, Payback 2014.

Vs. Romantic Reigns, Hell in a Cell 2015.

Romantic Reigns is the best typo gimmick ever

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Can't believe they threw the Fun House thing away on some corny juggalo shit. I'm also assuming he just did the mask, because the buzzard was just Turkey from Thankskilling.

lo_uW1i2Jl8JkS1O-NGnngB4FOpMaUGNvYNeQdxa

I am flying through both of these shows lately on the DVR. But I really hope they don't do have Joe/Rey do a "MY LARGE SON" angle, and I'll never understand what's up with Corbin. Ricochet was fun there, though. Good for Nikki Cross but hate the timid underdog thing.

• Like 1

Corbin is far higher on the totem pole than Ricochet. It makes perfect sense that he'd beat him. That's not why it's bad booking. 

It's bad booking because that match shouldn't have taken place at all. Corbin gains nothing from beating Ricochet and there are a dozen dudes backstage that wouldn't have been hurt by being on JTTS duty. Ricochet was. Unfortunately this kind of booking makes it seem like what we're in for with Ricochet's main roster run is "Evan Bourne 2019." He will likely be thrown into the gimmick matches to do cool spots and be an afterthought in any other context. 

But you know what wouldn't really have helped that much either? Ricochet going over Corbin. The overall setup of the roster is so stagnant and set in stone that no one is getting a push outside of the main event. The win would have been forgotten by next week, like the times they randomly had Kofi beat Orton. 

Want to hear some more scary shit for you Corbin haters? That's your top heel on RAW. Brock is gone ("back" next week, I know), Drew and Lashley are in the "stop" portion of the stop-start, and Shane doesn't really count. I promise this Corbin problem will get worse before it gets better. 

I still haven't watched this show. Almost all my WWE TV watching has been reduced to watching finishes of matches (sometimes) and the promos that are under 5 minutes. And I'm the one that is commonly labeled a WWE defender. I'm just about done with this shit, so...why aren't all of you?

Edited by MORELOCK
  • Like 1

Corbin pinned Rollins last week. Rollins is the Universal champion. So having Ricochet beat Corbin wouldn't have made sense. @MORELOCK's assessment is spot on. 

My biggest issue with Corbin, beyond being overexposed, is he doesn't know how to give heat to his opponents. You watch Bryan during his feud with Kofi, and you see how Bryan hit all the buttons to help give Kofi momentum. Corbin knows how to get boos and doesn't mind showing ass as the story calls for it. He hasn't figured out how to fully connect with the stories.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

Yeah, but it's a totally different deal now. If they do have him juggle the two personas full time, it'll make an interesting Balor feud down the line, I guess.

maxresdefault.jpg

Finally.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I can't lie, I was a bit disappointed we didn't get Pumpkin King Finn vs Sister Braygail. I wanted to see how bonkers they would get with the whole thing.

I hope come October they find a way for Finn to come out as Punpkin King Finn.  And if Bray's still a face then them both going to the dark side against a seemingly unbeatable team could be pretty cool to see.

• Like 1