DVDVR Message Board

E3 2019 THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Regarding Ghost of Tsushima, it's sounding like Q1 2020 for it.

My shucky ducky quack quack most anticipated game of the next little bit. 

• Like 1

As a non-Destiny player, I will say that it seems like pretty much everything announced at the Bungie/Destiny 2 event was positive stuff. Year 1 content going free to play, Destiny 2 on Steam, cross-platform play, buy everything available for $40 US. Lots of reworks to give the game more depth that players have wanted. Also kind of easy to add 1 and 1 to see that some of this stuff has probably been in the oven for a while but Activision was against it.

This didn't have a lot of hype coming in but overall it's going to be one of the stronger announcements for games at E3.

Destiny 2 now has a Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1085660/Destiny_2/

• Like 2

According to Jason Schreier - Sony only agreed to the cross-play with Bungie yesterday and that Bungie actually assumed they won't agree

On 6/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, RIPPA said:

Google will be revealing the pricing and launch of Stadia on Thursday going with the tag of SOME NEWS CAN'T WAIT FOR E3

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18650759/google-stadia-price-release-date-games-e3-2019

So one would presume some folks will get hands on time during E3

D8ZElnTUcAAv__k.jpg

• Google announced Baldur’s Gate 3 and Ghost Recon: Breakout for Stadia, the latter with a new trailer. (Don’t worry—the former is also coming to PC.)
  • Other games announced include Gylt, an adventure game from developer Tequila Works, and a multiplayer Overcooked-style game called Get Packed from Moonshine Studios.
  • The Division 2 will be there, too. Ubisoft overload!
  • Stadia Pro is the official service, at $10/month, which will give you access to the service’s games at 4K resolution/60 frames-per-second. This won’t include all the games, though—newer ones will be purchasable separately.
  • The controller is $70 standalone.
  • The Stadia Founder’s Edition will launch later this year for $130. It comes with a Chromecast Ultra, a Stadia controller, a copy of Destiny 2(along with the new Shadowkeep expansion), and a three-month subscription along with a three-month buddy pass.
  • Other Stadia games include Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Doom, Doom Eternal, the new Tomb Raider trilogy, Final Fantasy XV, Darksiders Genesis, Metro Exodus, and many others.
  • Google says it’ll be one user per Stadia account, tied to your Google ID—you can have a guest account for splitscreen, but other than that, no sharing. (Update (2:43pm): A Google spokesperson reached out to say that family sharing is coming in the future.)
  • “At launch, if you’re a Stadia user, you can play Stadia exclusively on Pixel 3 and 3a devices. However, you’ll be able to create your account and make subscription and game purchases from any Android M+ or iOS 11+ device that has access to the Stadia app.”

i3xrdalonbeozl8rupsn.png

Edited by Casey

I think this looks pretty interesting, especially as someone who likes Pixel phones.  I also see it as something that is going to get people in so much trouble at work.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately I think most of us have data caps. Mine is something like 1tb, but the most I've ever used is 500 gb. Mine one friend with 2 younger boys that play games and they stream everything else has exceeded his data cap twice.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

According to Jason Schreier - Sony only agreed to the cross-play with Bungie yesterday and that Bungie actually assumed they won't agree

How does this affect the Sony exclusivity agreement, because I'd buy a PS4 just to transfer my save, play long enough to get exclusive content on my Hunter, and then port my save back to Xbox so I could melt dudes with the exclusive Void Trace Rifle in Quickplay.

I also can't imagine Quickplay will be too much fun for Sony PvPers as they have a rep for being really awful.  Xbox players who have been playing HALO since birth would massacre them.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How does this affect the Sony exclusivity agreement, because I'd buy a PS4 just to transfer my save, play long enough to get exclusive content on my Hunter, and then port my save back to Xbox so I could melt dudes with the exclusive Void Trace Rifle in Quickplay.

I also can't imagine Quickplay will be too much fun for Sony PvPers as they have a rep for being really awful.  Xbox players who have been playing HALO since birth would massacre them.

I don't recall seeing anything about cross-play, just cross-saves. Basically if you or RIPPA have a PS4, you can play your regular characters there and maybe carry me through one of the simpler raids. I do think the exclusive content stuff is supposed to end.

55 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There will be no more Sony Exclusives and (most likely) all Sony exclusive items will be available to all players when Shadowkeep comes out

A bunch of stuff leaked for E3 for Bandai Namco. Including:

Ni No Kuni Rematered (yay, now everyone gets to enjoy the frustration of this game)

Elden Ring (the game from George R.R. Martin & Hideki Miyazaki/FROM Software, might be better than Game of Thrones)

Tales of Arise (looks freaking gorgeous and looks like Breath of the Wild but with Tales Of)

Gameplay wise, it looked Uncharted-like, an action-adventure with a narrow-predefined path to follow, minus the atmosphere of the charismatic characters and the interesting locations of the Uncharted games.

Oh Holy Fuck, Fallen Order devs. 

if I wanted to wall run I'd fucking play Prince of Persia so that I could ogle Shahdee's ass in the opening cutscene.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Feels like its a bit early to say much about the characters. It has Saw Guerrera, and he has been interesting so far in what he has shown up in. Depending on how deep the main character goes it would be interesting to see a Jedi working as a terrorist. Really though I still wish this wasn't Jedi focused in the first place. Would have been more interesting getting a post ROTJ game and/or following a character on the more merc/rogue side of things. If it had to be forced focus, they also could have followed someone who isn't Jedi or Sith.

Edited by Eivion

The issue is, while it would be great to get another game that's focused on something OTHER than a Jedi, the vast majority of people that are going to play Star Wars game just want to be a Jedi and swing around a lightsaber.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering who I have to bribe to get an updated Republic Commando or a sequel.  OR ANOTHER X-WING!